Tree of Life form

We all know in cataclysm the Tree of Life form will become a cooldown type spell like metamorphosis.. but why not keep the tree form? I thought the point of druids was to be shape shifters, if they want to make it a metamorphosis type spell they still can. It doesn't mean they need to take away the original tree form idea. If they want a metamorphosis then add some extra addons to the tree to show it.

They want to give tree form druids more offensive capabilities, but why not just allow them to do it in the tree form? They can make spells allowed in tree form but make it seem as a penalty to use it like rogues using swords to ambush, and druids could be something like -5% damage caused or +5% mana used.

Re: Tree of Life form

Maybe there is more druids who hate tol form... just maybe . Imho tol is useless form and its only debilitating druid ie from XX spells to X spells.

They're talking about a minor glyph which gives you tree form, and it acts just like caster form.

And druids could always use spells. That's why it's called "caster form" to the mass public. The fact that we have to change forms to cast spells, something druids have always been able to do, boggles me.

The above poster is correct in saything that there will or [i]should[/b] be a minor glyph to keep the form.

I personally love the form and see no reason to ever put a CD on it. We automatically put a beacon on ourselfs when we pop into treeform in pvp but in PVE we lose alot of our individuality if it becomes CD based.

Worst idea they've had for druids IMO, best is the interupt for bear form. Bring.it.on

I know Blizz has talked about making a minor glyph to let you stay in ToL form perpetually, but don't you think they may rescind on that for PvP purposes? I mean what if a Priest walked around with the Pain Suppression animation on them all the time, or a Demo lock was always in Demon form? I know as a healer being in Tree form usually just makes you more of a target but since it's being given stronger healing buffs I'm not so sure if this will go through, much like the other cosmetic glyphs they had planned for Wrath.

10+ Year Old Account

I donno, I'm going to like not being auto spotted in BGs. Even in PvE gear nothing can kill me, but people still feel the need to attack only me as everyone else kills them.

Tree form is ugly. I agree as a druid we kind of agree to it, and if our 3 other specs are stuck in it I don't see why we should be any different, but really thinking about it I'm not going to miss it when they update our CD form.

15+ Year Old Account

I'm not really going to miss it. It always looked foolish to me.

I always thought it would have been a cool idea to see tree druids change color/grow leaves depending on the season.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Brewski
    like rogues using swords to ambush
    Er.. I know it's totally off topic, but... rogues can use swords to Ambush? Oo
    Since when?
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

10+ Year Old Account

Caster form, is still a form.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Arel
    Since when?
    they can't.
    Your sig exceeds the maximum allowed size of 500px wide by 100px high by 50kb. Please see the guidelines for more information.

Since when?
    they can't.
    ...yet.

They will be able to come Cataclysm.

Why do people care about tree form so much? I don't find anything good about looking like a dried up piece of yellow-ish broccoli.

Bring on the caster form healing I say.

There are many problems with tree form. (1) Unlike bear or cat tree from was not in the game originally. It was something that Blizzard added in 2.0 So it doesn't have that history behind it. (2) You can heal without being in tree form. Druids do it all the time, especially when leveling. That's not true with bear or cat. You can't be a bear or a cat without being in those forms. You can heal without being in tree form. (3) As other people have pointed out, in BG PvP tree form operates at a real disadvantage. It is a disadvantage that other healers don't suffer from. If Cata is putting a renewed emphasis on BG PvP then that disadvantage must be eliminated.

I agree that logically tree form makes a lot of sense for druids are shapeshifters. But it causes a lot of game play problems too. I think the minor glyph is actually the best solution. If players feel strongly about their identity they can use it; but druids aren't forced to have it.

Deleted

I'll miss ToL form but I'll enjoy S3/S4 style PvP again... I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewski
    They want to give tree form druids more offensive capabilities, but why not just allow them to do it in the tree form?
    Then what's the point of having tree form? It becomes artistic only (solved by a glyph). At least with a CD on it to change how spells work it provides an interesting game mechanic.

They can make spells allowed in tree form but make it seem as a penalty to use it like rogues using swords to ambush, and druids could be something like -5% damage caused or +5% mana used.
    Until people bitch and moan enough to get them to remove the penalty and then you're back to tree form being pointless again.

10+ Year Old Account

From an aesthetics point of view, I hate that form. It just does not look intimidating or cool at all.

From a gameplay point of view, I also hated it. Druids were at a much better place in TBC in that as a healer, they had a hell of a lot more flexibility. In both PvE and PvP, I'll enjoy the druid more as I'll be able to CC and contribute DPS w/o gimping my healing.

So does the ree form that will now be on a cd, give buffs like the current tol form? If so AND they are making a glyph to stay in tree form(visually only) then they should make a glyph that visually keeps you looking like a druid when using the CD.

Personally I would rather look at my guy and the gear than look like at a tree. Just my opinion.

Also, I think you should have to change out of form to mine/skin/or gather of any sorts. just cause otherwise it doesn't seem realistic.

I personally dislike the look of tree form, I'm kind of glad they are thinking of getting rid of it. The glyph idea sounds like a nice approach for those who like the tree form look.

It'll also be nice to go into a heroic without people badgering me with "Become a tree!!" and "Why aren't you in tree form??" when I'm on my Resto. It's a heroic for chrissake! /endminirant.