Poll: how much life will leveling mobs have?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: how much life will leveling mobs have?

Quote Originally Posted by Old Blanchy
    70K imo.
    Yeah growing 3 beards and a ponytail while you kill mobs would be fun. I think they'll be less than 30k, otherwise tanks and especially healers would be there for ages killing mobs.

What we need to remeber it that the mobs won't be designed for players with raid gear, they will have to be suitable to kill in leveling greens and blues from level 78 zones in Northrend, so the lowest zones will be 15k most, and the level 85 ones maybe 25k.

Deleted

This is directly related to how much damage output there will be in Cata, look at Bosses health from:

Vanilla: ~1 million for 40 player raids
    TBC: ranged from 3-11 million in some cases (pre nerf) for 25 player raids
    WOTLK: ranging from 10-103 million for 25 player raids

Damage output from players scales hugely with each expansion, we're possibly looking at 250m+ for Deathwing heroic so average crits of around 35-50k for (as an example) Warlocks/Mages in end game gear.

Right now most wotlk mobs have around 10-15k health and are dispatched in around 1-2 hits from casters. In Cata I would probably suspect 40-55k mobs to make them worth the effort.

all this is very rough estimation.

15+ Year Old Account

I'd say around 30-40k. Even thou that will be fast to kill

The dps most people do these days is insanely high due to the free epics.

The mobs health and lvling overall will be considering that many people will move straight there from northrend, in quest greens and blues.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

Quote Originally Posted by Sidonis
    over 9000

this

20-30k

i think we'll have around 50k hp as a dps (as they're upping stamina on everything) and the npcs you kill while leveling will be around 24-34k hp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account

Over 9000?

I'm thinking it's going to be 30-40kish with 40k'ers being 85's

So my tier 10.5 will last me to 85? Sweet.

How much life will leveling mobs have? I think 1. You can't mobs twice, unless something else ressurect it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariokart
    So my tier 10.5 will last me to 85? Sweet.
    Probably. Just like every other addon up to now, where you actually only replace your high-end raiding gear with lvl 70/80 blues.

Furthermore, most people here seem to forget that Blizzard will not scale the health of the mobs such that a high-geared lvl 80 will take some time to kill them, but so that a lvl 78 with levelling gear will still be able to kill them at an acceptable rate.

For example, take WotlK. The Mobs in the starting levelling zones had from 6-8k hp. Now, i am just looking at some level 68 mobs in Shadowmoon valley that have 6.5k hp. Surely, if you have all lvl 70 raiding gear, you can blow them up in 3-4 seconds max. But if blizzard tuned the game for those people levelling, it would be way to hard for people who are levelling a new toon.

So, i would say that the first mobs in the new levelling zones will start at about 10-12k hp, and then it will got up to 15-25k in the final zones. You should also note that while you are levelling, when you have good level 80 gear, the damage you do will actually become less the higher you level, since the rating conversions get worse, but you do not get better gear at all, and also do not profit from being a higher level that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Rantus
    Yeah growing 3 beards and a ponytail while you kill mobs would be fun. I think they'll be less than 30k, otherwise tanks and especially healers would be there for ages killing mobs.
    At this point, even if you're leveling, if you're a tank or a healer and not dualspec'd, you're doing it wrong.

Like above posters said it cant be that high. Blizz has to cater to people that just hit 78-80 and not just to the people that have been raiding all of WOTLK.

10+ Year Old Account

I guess they will have 50k

Quote Originally Posted by macke
    Elites should have 200k~

normal 25 - 30k
    true to this statement.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

I'm guessing the first mobs we encounter will have less then 20 000. People who level new chars must have a sporting chance to kill em.

The "normal" lvl 80 health is 12 000 something now ain't it? If you guess that who enter "cataclysm" at lvl 78 just like you done previously they cant have to much health. The first quest in cata-areas will most likely gear up newly levelled chars alot just like it did from TBC to Lich.

10+ Year Old Account

30k? Lowest option? Uh, no. Not even close. To begin with, 78-81ish range will be 15k-20k, think mobs in storm peaks and icecrown. Probably approaching 30k-40k as you hit 85. Maybe.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

What people are forgetting is that everybody will get a FAT stam buff... that bandages alone heal 30k (cata) so im guessing a decent mob would have hp pool of 50+k.....
    Some of you might say " OMG thats way 2 huge!" But how long does it take u 2 do 50k? few casts/hits...
    Im not saying each mob is gona be an epic boss fight, but just some sort of a ratio...

Quote Originally Posted by MushroomBomb
    The problem with all the guesses here so far is that you're assuming that our damage stays the exact same. And so far, it hasn't in any expansion. The pre-expansion stat fixes and new talents have all made sure that our damage skyrocketed, even when 2.0 or 3.0 came. And I'm assuming it will when 4.0 comes.
    I would say this will be the first time that doesn't happen. Look at what we know that all raid buffs and debuffs nerfed some removed all together, tank avoidance nerfed, healing reg and mana costs nerfed. this will mostly likely have everyone being weaker when it hits. remember everything has scaled way more than they ever wanted it to.

Bear in mind that in our current gear yes we can nuke em down in seconds however if you're levelling a character as you hit level 80 you'll have no tier gear, and as we know fresh level 80's currently do what between 1-3k dps? So the mobs would have to be something in relation to that effect. I imagine that the mobs currently have between 10 and 20k currently in northrend so I would imagine starting zone for cataclysm would be similar and as you move up they'll have 35-50k in the later zone.