Poll: How good is PoM?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Prayer of Mending

Just as the poll says, how good do YOU find prayer of mending to be?
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Prayer of Mending

I picked Awesome with flaws.

PoM was one of my most used heals. The only flaw is when it hangs on a hunter pet for it's whole duration.

going to flame the idiot who says he doesn't use it.

I don't use it

Awesome with flaws. The problem is, of course, when it spends it's entire cooldown only being used once because some poor sap was lucky enough to get it.

In 5mans pom+shields is all I use.

10man perfect for an added raid healing which is often alot lower in 10mans.

25man insane tank health buffer + still decent added raid healing.

All in all an awsome spell and one of the reasons I love priest healing, also the thing is I dont kno how you would make it smart, if its pop to somebody with low health then its more likely to be wasted since there is a bigger chance for that 1 more attack would kill you then wound you enugh to proc the heal. I like that its random sometimes its best to just let it stay on the raid other times (hunter pets) you just keep it on cd.

Because of this brilliant heal and I think on of the most fun heals in the game.

10+ Year Old Account

There's people who don't use it?
    S (moderator)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Deleted

Actually its pretty awesome as long as you don't have 2 or more priests in a raid who all overwrites everone's else PoM.

Needs a few more options for the poll to be worthwhile. PoM ranges anywhere from very good, to very bad based on the fight. Being a smart heal wouldn't change much at all. It's pretty decent in most ICC fights. Very strong in 5 and near worthless on 3. Overall though it's pretty good. It over-used by most Priests, though that mainly refers to the frequency of use rather than using it at all.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    Needs a few more options for the poll to be worthwhile. PoM ranges anywhere from very good, to very bad based on the fight. Being a smart heal wouldn't change much at all. It's pretty decent in most ICC fights. Very strong in 5 and near worthless on 3. Overall though it's pretty good. It over-used by most Priests, though that mainly refers to the frequency of use rather than using it at all.
    Well, just like most of a priest's heals, it's situational. Consider the situations it's good in. How good is it THEN? Your description would fall under "good but with flaws."
    S (moderator)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Awesome with flaws.

It obviously can't stack normally, but it sucks when it's just eaten by another ProM.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Quote Originally Posted by Splenda
    Well, just like most of a priest's heals, it's situational. Consider the situations it's good in. How good is it THEN? Your description would fall under "good but with flaws."
    More like 'situational, but useful'. If you consider the mechanic itself to be a 'flaw' then how can you also call it 'pretty awesome'? Seems contradictory to me that if a spell has a core problem that it's also 'awesome'. PoM does have flaws, such as charge eating, but the bounce mechanic itself is what makes it situational, not the charge-eating, or other problems.

Deleted

Awesome with flaws, e.g. when it sits on someone who isnt taking damage for the whole CD while the rest of the raid is dying.

Also, last I heard, it was a smart heal? It automatically jumps the person with the lowest health in range, no?

What Abb said, it is in fact a smart heal. If everyone is at 100%, it defaults to the priest tho.
    But your eyes are drawn of charcoal they're black they're so cold they're so imperfect because they see a sleeping world where waking isn't worth it

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

There's people who don't use it?
    Wrong there are noobs that dont use it. Anyone who can read English and plays a healin priest uses PoM... D:

Was healing UK with my priest and PoM crits for 3,4k and normaly hits for 2.4k when i was level 72, warrior, and pala tank = easy run since the block alot easier to heal compared to a dk with quest gear without any avoidance...

10+ Year Old Account

More like 'situational, but useful'. If you consider the mechanic itself to be a 'flaw' then how can you also call it 'pretty awesome'? Seems contradictory to me that if a spell has a core problem that it's also 'awesome'. PoM does have flaws, such as charge eating, but the bounce mechanic itself is what makes it situational, not the charge-eating, or other problems.
    I'm going to politely disagree with you. A human being can be flawed, but still a pretty awesome person. A flaw just makes it less than perfect.

A flaw is just simply a characteristic that keeps something from being perfect. Sitting on a person with full health, for example, might be considered by some to make the spell less than perfect, therefore flawed. Some people might consider it being highly situational a flaw, because in their opinion a "perfect" heal works wonders in any situation.

So, even if it's the spells mechanics that cause it to be less than perfect (say, a paladin's bubble being mass dispellable or the fact that Prayer of Healing is group based), then they are still good abilities, just flawed. Since there is a downside to most abilities, to keep them from being OP, I would say that almost any abilitiy in the game has at least one or more flaws. It all comes down to opinions.
    S (moderator)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

PoM really is pretty damned awesome. It heals for around as much as a Paladin's Holy Shock, which is a fairly deep talent. Then it bounces and does it all over again.

If I could steal any holy priest spell for my other healers it would be PoM hands-down.

Is it flawed? Well yes, but still definitely awesome.

I'm going to politely disagree with you. A human being can be flawed, but still a pretty awesome person. A flaw just makes it less than perfect.
    PoM does not have a personality to redeem it. It is judged entirely on its technical and mechanical aspects. If its base core is the center of its problems, then awesome is the last word that should be used to describe it. It is not a crippled kid with a heart of gold and a dream. It's a data string.

What I am saying is not that PoM is horrible, but that your parameters don't really allow a good sample of peoples opinions. Your options work out to: "I love it", "I love it despite its flaws", "Fixes would make it very strong", "Fixes would make it worthwhile", and "I hate it."

There's no option I can pick. I don't love it. I don't like it in spite of its flaws. I don't think the minor fixes would make it extremely strong. I think it's already worthwhile and I don't hate the spell. So what would I reply? It's situational, but useful. It has a core flaw, not a superficial one, but that does not make it bad, or unusable. There's also no way to fix that core flaw without completely overhauling the spell. So.... Yeah.

10+ Year Old Account

PoM does not have a personality to redeem it. It is judged entirely on its technical and mechanical aspects. If its base core is the center of its problems, then awesome is the last word that should be used to describe it. It is not a crippled kid with a heart of gold and a dream. It's a data string.

What I am saying is not that PoM is horrible, but that your parameters don't really allow a good sample of peoples opinions. Your options work out to: "I love it", "I love it despite its flaws", "Fixes would make it very strong", "Fixes would make it worthwhile", and "I hate it."

There's no option I can pick. I don't love it. I don't like it in spite of its flaws. I don't think the minor fixes would make it extremely strong. I think it's already worthwhile and I don't hate the spell. So what would I reply? It's situational, but useful. It has a core flaw, not a superficial one, but that does not make it bad, or unusable. There's also no way to fix that core flaw without completely overhauling the spell. So.... Yeah.

Okay, I understand you, and I get you. I'll add a new poll option. However, I still think that a flaw is just a quality that makes it less than perfect. At least, that's the dictionary defintion that I go by. I have a Pop Rocks shirt in my closet. It's pretty awesome, but the sleeves aren't as long as I would prefer. It has a flaw, but plenty of qualities that still make it pretty awesome.

EDIT: Thank you for staying civil and listening to my points, by the way.
    S (moderator)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

awsome w/ flaws.

1. If it dsnt jump 5 times in 7s then its not reaching full potential (LET IT STACK BABY!)
    2. Not a smart heal
    3. It heals for a ton. But if the target takes to much it dies, it should like heal like idk... not let them die if its on them >.> but thats to PWS ish