Poll: Do you believe the Alliance still have ownership rights to Lordaeron

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 39
... LastLast

the Alliance still have ownership rights to Lordaeron

Because according to lore, refugees from Lordaeron were "streaming" to Stormwind after the Third War.

This from the WoWRPG source book, page 214.

So was King Varian statements and actions wrong for the Battle of Undercity event, or where they right?
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

Re: the Alliance still have ownership rights to Lordaeron

Altho I hate to post links from wikipedia, it might give you a better idea :P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acquisition_of_sovereignty

Let's take a look at the two human/formerly human populations of the Horde and Alliance.

Horde:
    -Forsaken who died defending Lordaeron from the Scourge

Alliance:
    -Lots of humans with no claim whatsoever
    -The little bitches who cut and run

Now who do you think has more claim?
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

I dont really know what to respond.
    To some point I still see it as a human city, but they abandoned it.
    When the forsaken came along it was completely emptied so I guess that sums it up.

My ancestors are European. I personally claim rights to the entire island of Great Britain.

See what I did there?

Imo no, but if they do, well then.

Come and get it! Death to the scourge, and death to the LIVING!

Anatidae

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    My ancestors are European. I personally claim rights to the entire island of Great Britain.

See what I did there?
    o o my ancestors are dutch i claim all rights to New York

Deleted

If any of the Menethril bloodline was still alive, than yes. (we still dunno what's happend to Arthas' sister, Calia, after the 3rd war)

but otherwise, no

Quote Originally Posted by Thrall, son of Durotan
    I dont really know what to respond.
    To some point I still see it as a human city, but they abandoned it.
    When the forsaken came along it was completely emptied so I guess that sums it up.
    the forsaken are those that abandoned it and fought to the death to defend their country

i dont think that many escaped to stormwind judging by the first undead mission in tft, and "The Alliance" never owned lordaron, lordaron was merely a part of it. stormwind didn't send anyone to help anyway as they were too busy sparking up a civil war in their city a la pied piper with daggers..

See what I did there?
    I lol'd
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercrunchy View Post
    I play both factions and theres not much difference, we're all idiots

Truth on above, if theres another of the Menethil bloodline then they have some claim otherwise its all the Forsaken now since they sorta have claim and lorderon didn't try to retake until what..NOW?!
    Mage, Priest, Paladin
    And working on a DK!

THAT THERE IS THE LAND OF THE ALLIANCE, AND WE WILL SHOOT ANYONE WHO DISAGREES

YOU WILL RESPECT OUR AUTHORITHAY !

IMMA CHARGIN' MA' VENGEANCE!

not all people of Lordaeron died or became forsaken,however, and are not that old.

One of these survivors still includes a rather powerful and influential Calia Menethil, Arthas's sister(location unknown). Given her feelings for Daval Prestor(DeathWing), and if she has the tendency to behave like Arthas, she might as well try to roflstomp undercity, with our without presumed help from the Black Dragonflight(assuming Deathwing actually uses the feelings Calia has for him).

I still vote no, what's done is done, and seeing what has happened to the place, I seriously doubt the survivors of Lordaeron would want it, let alone the Alliance.

Edit: I do agree with ShatteredStar too. Unless Calia is just chicken(which I doubt), why didn't she just retake it when Undercity was relatively weak during the whole Wrathgate event?

Special thanks to Katana Angel for the lovely signature, check out the other things, at "Request a Signature" thread.

I vote for Chin marching in again and clearing the place of filth, they are suspected to stockpile weapons of mass destruction ...or... harboring dangerous criminals !

Quote Originally Posted by Shatteredstar
    Truth on above, if theres another of the Menethil bloodline then they have some claim otherwise its all the Forsaken now since they sorta have claim and lorderon didn't try to retake until what..NOW?!
    the forsaken are the entire "surviving" population of lordaron

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log
    the forsaken are the entire "surviving" population of lordaron
    Proof? Source? Out-of-Ass claim?

Some of the books mention refugees running to Elwynn...

Alliance dont deserve what they abandoned simple as, as another poster said, they fled like cowards while the forsaken died defending lordaeron.

See what I did there?
    Sweeet your the new king then?

As far as I know this is what happened:

- Lordaeron was part of the alliance
    - Arthas came with Frostmourne and killed / turned everyone
    - Ner'zul was weakened, part of the scourge broke free of the control of Arthas and started living in Lordaeron again

With the "death" of the LK the scourge should be removed and with that the alliance, I think, should move back and reclaim Lordaeron. The reason the alliance hasn't done this yet, I guess, is because they lost of the a big part of their army when Arthas destroyed Lordaeron.

Quote Originally Posted by Knighthonor
    Because according to lore, refugees from Lordaeron were "streaming" to Stormwind after the Third War.

This from the WoWRPG source book, page 214.

So was King Varian statements and actions wrong for the Battle of Undercity event, or where they right?
    Well those refugees were lucky enaugh to escape from clutches of Arthas, how about The Forsaken. They were ¸the real victims and they are majoritiy of inhabitants of Lordareon. All those people of nowdays Plaguelands, Tirisfal and Silverpine. All are forsaken. And it is just too arogant to say they will give that land to Alliance and Varian freely after all they were put throught.