Page 1 of 3
LastLast

LFD Slackers/Freeloaders

So today I was running some dungeons on my new Druid tank, and got SM Graveyard. The group goes forward, but the rogue stays stealthed at the entrance. We assume he's AFK so we just clear the first boss and most of the trash. By the time we get to the fountain in the middle, someone says to kick him. He starts talking saying he's only here for a bag or something(Strange, the last boss doesn't even drop a bag), and that we don't really need him, so he'll just sit there until we're done. Tried to votekick, but nope, Blizz implemented that horrendous 15-minute timer where you can't kick someone. We just laugh at him and clear all the trash to waste the remaining 9 minutes on the timer, before votekicking him and clearing the last boss.

TL;DR: Asshole rogue sat 'afk' the whole time in SM Grave, hoping to leech loot off the last boss.

Has anyone else encountered people doing this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen this so many times, remember in a OS10+3D there was a hunter, that just stood afk by the boss auto attacking with this weapon. Fortunatly for us, this was a raid group so we could kick him instantly.

So many times on my alts people find ranged dps and /follow them. than they say brb and never come back until something they needs drops. what a conincidence that they come back at the perfect time to roll.....

Never, but then again, I haven't used the LFD for low-levels in a very, well... Ever, actually. And at 80, since I'm the tank, I'd arrange for him to die, pulling AoEing mobs to him to unstealth him, put up Ret aura to help him build Threat, HoP the healer, Salv a DPS who can't drop threat easily (i.e. Feign Death), and bubble. Then be patient for the timer to run out and kick him.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPistachio View Post
    Bornakk lifts the cup of coffee up to his mouth...
    ...when the Scythe of Elune comes crashing through it.
    ???: I can't you let you brew that, Starbucks!

Deleted
    Since the beginning of time and until the end of all days, there will always be people out there trying to "cheat" their way up the ladder. Too lazy, bad-mannered or just too "kids". The only good thing is that at level 80, we can choose not to play with them at any time, by joining a raiding / pvp guild.

Deleted
    That happens but just very rare.
    Usually they just leave without saying a word in a middle of a fight.

People can be a-holes sometimes. Once I've kept a rly retarded random-dungeon group hostage through the 15 minute timer.

I've encountered this a lot leveling alts. They are easy enough to kill so they aren't leaching exp. My disc priest I just don't heal them and on my bear I'll have everyone else wait back while i pull far enough away so they don't get in combat. I die, but so does the afker(if they are following someone else I have them do that).
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

the bag he was talking about was the Satchel of Helpful Goods that you get if you do a random dungeon at lower levels, ironic seeing how he was the least helpful person in the group

10+ Year Old Account
    If you hit the train tracks you've gone to far.
    Never seen it. I didn't start using the LFD till 65 (was already 65 when the LFD came out)and have yet to see this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll View Post
    I've encountered this a lot leveling alts. They are easy enough to kill so they aren't leaching exp. My disc priest I just don't heal them and on my bear I'll have everyone else wait back while i pull far enough away so they don't get in combat. I die, but so does the afker(if they are following someone else I have them do that).
    They get xp as long as they are inside the instance and close enough to the mobs, no matter if they are alive or dead.

I've had similar things happen in random heroic runs where someone is pretty much just auto attacking the whole time and they say "sorry, I'm tired." or some other lame excuse. Also had someone that was a dps in h vh, but spent the whole time just skinning, and we couldn't vote kick them cause of tht timer. By the time the timer was up, we were already on the last boss. The good news is that timer is being removed in a way. We'll be able to vote kick people sooner depending on how often you initiate the vote kick it seems.

anytime i see people afking i either get them killed or vote to kick at last boss.they waste thier time waiting around to leach so let them suffer the wait to get into another group to complete

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shokat View Post
    Since the beginning of time and until the end of all days, there will always be people out there trying to "cheat" their way up the ladder.
    This sums it up. I could share a number of stories, but the last thing I'd want is to hear of people copying what I've witnessed. Thankfully the ignore list prevents repeat offenders.

10+ Year Old Account
    This happens alot to me because alot of my alts are tanks for dungeon queues. BoA and BiS gear at that level with a little know how and I am normally top damage in the place. Alot of the dps just get lazy and have me do the majority of the damage regardless the pull. Another infamously lazy move, AoE spam regardless of the pull size. Oh 1 mob let rain of fire rip. If everyone stepped up in these dungeons and really fulfilled their roles the best they could, alot of fail or lazy groups would not exist.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yup, some hunter auto shotting everything. Tried to vote kick, group rejected it so I left. If they don't want to find another DPS they can find another healer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sara View Post
    They get xp as long as they are inside the instance and close enough to the mobs, no matter if they are alive or dead.
    You can get XP when you're dead? That's news to me. People used to die and let people kill stuff for them to farm rep on level 1's without dinging before XP lock was introduced.

I havent had any experiences with people doing this, but just about every low level dungeon I have gone through has been a horrid experience. So I just avoid low level dungeons until I get to northrend. Then I will do random dungeons, to build up triumphs for when I hit 80

10+ Year Old Account
    Today I dinged my warrior 80. and the first Random hc I went into there were 2 guys from the same guild and thenthe healer and tank and me. me the healer and tank went on an started clearing trash but the other 2 said somthing like " going for a shower back n 30 min" n the other one said "going to eat dinner" All I thought was what a couple of fucktards and left with a debuff...
    War requires the sledge hammer, but will be decided by the scalpal
    Intel i5 2500k -Intel 330 180GB SSD - Saphire HD OC Edition 7870 - Gigabyte Z77-D3H Intel Z77

Quote Originally Posted by Sara View Post
    Unless they've recently changed something, no they don't.