2001-2002 UI
    http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/...20141216192919
    http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/...c/3qwqwqw0.jpg

oldest images of the game ranging 1999-2000 are there:
    http://reznik.wikia.com/wiki/WoW_Klient_1999/2000

also heres a bigger unique gallery, development images
    http://imgur.com/a/N5cTx
    Last edited by Milerks; 2015-05-10 at 12:43 PM.

the original character selection screen looked awesome.

also "the whereabouts of "malbourn" are unknown" i wonder if that's true, or they're being cheeky... anyway, it makes me wonder who was playing it.

Deleted
    Wow very usefull

I was suprised to find that portal to Ashran in my lvl 3 garrison the first time...

Deleted
    wow very usefull

the upside-down sinners is a reference to 'big trouble in little china'.

Great thread, bookmarked

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting to find out where the "Moar Dots" stuff comes from XDD
    Quote Originally Posted by Suffer the Consequences View Post
    Gender is irrelevant. Everyone has a penis in video games, and it is measured purely on skill. Mionelol's cock is massive.

Neat stuff in that list, and a good amount that shouldn't have ever gone away.

http://imgur.com/a/Um5m5?gallery

some old as hell gallery from alpha - beta tests

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milerks View Post
    http://imgur.com/a/Um5m5?gallery

some old as hell gallery from alpha - beta tests
    Somewhere in the middle there's a picture from TBC on a new server when people rushed to open AQ. Felt pretty random ^^
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Deleted
    where is illidan?

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    -Shaman Enhancement tree had a couple of tanking talents/spells, although they were never really able to tank anything other than occasional trash.
    Nope. In Vanilla, there were Enh Shaman tanks, Paladin tanks, and even a Hunter Tank (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmhVQLfSrUo). Hardcore guilds pretty much just used Warriors, but Shamans did tank.
    The plural of anecdote is not "data". It's "Bayesian inference".

It wasn't mentioned in the OP but I didn't see anything about being able to kill enemy faction auctioneers.. Fun times. There were no guards on the roofs etc for that either

Being a rogue and ganking in the enemy capital then seeing horde screaming gave me so much joy. Just jump on the roof and watch everyone scurry like ants.

Also you could wield any weapon at some point and you had to level your proficiency in each type, e.g 1h swords, staffs, daggers etc I believe there was even an achievement for this at one point.

If anyone is interested I'll post videos of mountain climbing to reach all the unreachable areas in vanilla, I just made them for fun as I enjoyed exploring.

Another one, people used to tag Azuregous when they saw guilds going to kill it, sometimes they got the kill...

When kazzak was in blasted lands guilds of the same faction used to grief each other by suiciding to heal up kazzak because they wanted the kill!

There is an ogre (i think he was fishing) in dust wallow marsh that used to be a horde quest giver. I as alliance was able to get the quest and complete it, I believe he gave a shitty green.

I was able to complete the warlock dreadsteed quest as a rogue, I just couldn't buy the mount. I forget what the reason was.

In brs people used to use the mind control hat to MC people into the lava, kek.

When the new armored mounts were introduced they allowed people to trade in the old armorless mounts for them through an NPC, they weren't forcibly changed hence why some people (including myself) still have them.

Old mounts could also be put in wrapping so that they could be sold on the auction house.

You had to farm resist gear for vanilla raids, you had to buy sets from armor producing professions early on to survive encounters.

Fiery blaze enchant wasn't soulbound at one point and could be sold on the AH.

Blacksmith (i think) used to create elemental sharpening stones back in the day, I think they were more useful than poisons in MC since the bosses were poison immune.

Epics were rare. World drop epics were astoundingly rare.

You could edit out pretty much all the gates in the game with wow model editor, so BG gates, boss gates etc. You could replace pet models with towers etc to reach unreachable places. Not that I did any of this

Mages could blink through certain places reaching unfinished areas.

Previously the only way to get steemwheedle cartel rep was to farm a couple of quests near dire maul, it was tedious but some people did it. Same with the wildhammer clan, people actually hit exalted.
    Last edited by Creomortis; 2015-07-24 at 12:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Creomortis View Post
    It wasn't mentioned in the OP but I didn't see anything about being able to kill enemy faction auctioneers.
    You can still kill enemy faction auctioneers

Also you could wield any weapon at some point and you had to level your proficiency in each type, e.g 1h swords, staffs, daggers etc I believe there was even an achievement for this at one point.
    That was in WotLK the case still and not in early Vanilla/beta like most of OP's post and pretty much everyone knows about that

When the new armored mounts were introduced they allowed people to trade in the old armorless mounts for them through an NPC, they weren't forcibly changed hence why some people (including myself) still have them.
    OP already mentioned that

You had to farm resist gear for vanilla raids, you had to buy sets from armor producing professions early on to survive encounters.
    That was also pretty recently the case still (WotLK>Naxxramas>Sapphiron)

World drop epics were astoundingly rare.
    The droprate of the same world epics which dropped back in Vanilla do still have the same droprate nowadays

Mages could blink through certain places reaching unfinished areas.
    You still can, as well as many other classes

Previously the only way to get steemwheedle cartel rep was to farm a couple of quests near dire maul, it was tedious but some people did it.
    This only changed after Cataclysm was released, which is even more recent than all the previous points

Not only saying that some of your points have flaws, but I think the OP of this thread wants to share early historical changes and not recent changes
    Last edited by Tisane; 2015-07-24 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tisane View Post
    You can still kill enemy faction auctioneers

That was in WotLK the case still and not in early Vanilla/beta like most of OP's post and pretty much everyone knows about that

OP already mentioned that

That was also pretty recently the case still (WotLK>Naxxramas>Sapphiron)

The droprate of the same world epics which dropped back in Vanilla do still have the same droprate nowadays

You still can, as well as many other classes

This only changed after Cataclysm was released, which is even more recent than all the previous points

Not only saying that some of your points have flaws, but I think the OP of this thread wants to share early historical changes and not recent changes
    I played from vanilla I find it hard to differentiate when things happened sometimes(weapon skill). These are just big points for me that I recall around that time.

Brutallus (2nd boss in SWP) has been inslaved by a Warlock on the PTR and brough out of the instance

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Brutal...s_Enslaved.jpg

And do you know about the disease which killed players and NPCs in the big cities. It was originated from ZG and spreaded in the world by hunters' pets
    http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Corrup...ood_Plague.jpg
    Last edited by Okorsis; 2015-10-15 at 01:11 PM.

I didn't see the list grew up ! So many details, thanks .... memories...

I've just finished reading all the pages, and yet not all of fun facts were mentioned.
    on patch 3.1 PTR a paladin skill Lay on Hands got the cooldown shortened from 1 hour to 20 minutes. By using T3 set bonus (which used to decrease cooldown by 12 minutes), glyph and holy tree talent you could make it shorter by 21 minutes, which meant no cooldown, full health heal with mana return.
    sorry for necroposting, but this thread should never die

@OP

Cool list but that is the biggest text wall in the history of text walls. Mix in some Enter key imo.

Too long, did not read.