Thread: Fray Island.

Page 1 of 19
... LastLast

Fray Island.

You, a champion, or someone here to fight, enters from the far off lands of your kingdom. You arrive early in the morning. You arrive at the pier, which is filled with different races, and people. A tournament of fighting skill, and prowess is being held, and the Argent Tournament, Shattered Sun Offensive, Horde, and Alliance, all have champions there, willing to fight.

Garots unloaded from the boat. The dock was crowded. "Uhhg, I cannot believe this became so popular.." He grabbed his only bag, and walked towards the registry.

Last edited by Garots; 2010-06-17 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Picture
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

10+ Year Old Account
    Vetreth looked over towards the island as he walked towards the dock.
    So this is what my life has become he thought to himself.
    He sighed and continued to walk onwards towards the island, taking a detour to stay out of the way of a group of undead gathered around the edge of the pier, and joined the queue that was beginning to gather on the entrance to the registry office.

"Name?"
    "Garots"
    "Affiliation?"
    "Shattered Sun Offensive."
    "Age?"
    "43"
    "Ok, that's all we need, please move to the 3rd Barracks."

Garots walked off. This would be an interesting tournament.
    Last edited by Garots; 2010-06-17 at 09:08 PM. Reason: '
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

10+ Year Old Account
    ((Do we have to be affiliated to a particular faction or can we merely be acting on our own?))

Vetreth reached the front of the queue and a bored looking Orc sized him up and began asking questions.
    "And your name is...?"
    "Most people know me as Morrowdawn" Vetreth Replied.
    "Who are you fighting for? Which faction is sponsering your entry?"
    "I fight for no one but myself"
    "Ok... age?"
    "61"
    "Aren't you a bit old for this...? Ahwell it's not my funeral move along."

Vetreth looked around at the people gathered here. He was still not sure why he was here but it would become apparent in time.

He was mostly here our of curiosity, he had hear some trainees talking about it back in Silvermoon and Gilon had decided to make an apperance.

The dwarf he talked to in the registry office had a thick accent and Gilon had a lot of trouble understanding him but it seemed like he was entered and he was rushed off in the direction of a few barrack, which he was supposed to say in though, he didn't know.
    "By blood and honor we serve" Gilon Sunfire

((You can act alone as well.))

The barracks were dark, musky, and smelled of rotting wood. He found a bed, and threw his bag on it. "I guess this is home.." He started to fall asleep. "The opening ceremony begins in a day, so I might as well sleep..."
    Best of 5 years!

10+ Year Old Account
    Valkore walked up to the registry. He thought this would be a good opportunity to prove the superiority of blood elves and death knights. He was pointed in the direction of the 7th Barracks, and when he arrived, he saw orcs, trolls, tauren, and undead. "Ughhhh..." he muttered, and claimed a bunk off to the side.

He stumbled, falling. There were sewers here, that held...dozens of....people....dying....monster rats....Death.....

He awoke...panting, he sat up. It wasn't even midday yet. He stood up and walked to the door. He saw an even bigger crowd of people on the docks. "Great."
    Last edited by Garots; 2010-06-17 at 09:30 PM. Reason: i
    Best of 5 years!

After a brief inspection of all of the barracks Gilon decided to stay in the 7th barracks as it was the cleanest and smelt the least of rotting wood and excrement. He picked a bunk towards the back, set his things down and went to go explore the rest of the island.
    "By blood and honor we serve" Gilon Sunfire

10+ Year Old Account
    Valkore walked back outside, to see the crowd getting larger. He decided to lift some weights, and went to the large training facility to do so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Morrowdawn began to realise that other people had been sent to specific baracks. When he turned around to ask the Orc that had signed him up where he was meant to go but he had moved on to the next hopeful combatant.

So instead Vetreth decided that he would choose his own barracks to stay in. The 2nd Barracks seemed to be filled with mostly Alliance races and so far, they were the only races he could still trust, there was also a handy anvil in it so he decided to set up there.

10+ Year Old Account
    ((I thought the barracks would be by affiliation? Like 1 and 2 for alliance, 3 and 4 for shattered sun, 5 and 6 for argent crusade, and 7 and 8 for horde.))

10+ Year Old Account
    A rouge stood near the place where you registred for the tournament, but for some reason the orc would not let him join, the big orc had found out that the rouge had been part of a crime organization and they did not want any bandits destroying the tournament.

"I'm not a part of the defias anymore!" the rouge shouted into the ears of the big orc.

"And how can you prove it?" The man sighed as he ripped of his red mask he had around his neck.

"Just sign me up... i wont cause any trouble, I promise" The orc looked questionable up on the man.

"Okey you get one chance, but be aware that if any strange things happen in here and you become one of the suspects, I will make sure you'll be sent back to Stormwind in a body bag" The rouge nodded as he got a small smile around his face.

"So your name is Ghard, your fighting for the Stonemason?" The orc gave the human a weird look.

"What?"

"I'm sorry, but there is no more Stonemason, so i will set up that you fight for yourself" Ghard grunted a little.

"And your 39 years old, now you will sleep outside as we already have to many people in the barracks, so i hope you have brought with you your own tent" Ghard nodded and walked of to find a spot to set up his tent and wait for his first battle.

10+ Year Old Account
    (( That would make sense but everyone seemed to be going to ones at random so I thought I'd take my character where most people ended up? I can move him if there was an actual point in where we go though.))

(( In fact, as you describe Barracks 7 as having undead in it my character would stay right away from it so i'll go move him.))

Deleted
    Tharaldriel got off the boat and onto the pier. To anyone who might know him (and truly, few did), he would have been unrecognizable. He wore a blackish-purple robe with a hood that concealed most of his visible features. The robe was adorned with runes, but relatively simple. "Fate has led me here... Now let's see what happens next.", he mumbled. He walked over to the registerman.

"Name and age?" the clerk barked.
    Tharaldriel thought for a second. "Ebontreade, and I bloody can't remember.", he rasped. The clerk, slightly taken aback, just motioned to a nearby barrack which Tharaldriel set off towards.

(( No, it makes absolutely no sense for Thara to be here. And it probably won't show up in his history. It's just been hella long since I last RPed. ))

10+ Year Old Account
    Vetreth placed his rucksack down on the bunk that he had chosen. He looked around the Barracks he was in. Around him were a multitude of different races, mostly members of the alliance but there were a few unaffilited to the alliance dotted around. The room was dark and dingy and looked as though it had been left to sit for several decades before having a few bunks thrown in for the tournament.
    Enough of this depressing hut. he thought as he left the barracks to explore the island.

((Barracks are all random. The registry isn't the most organized.))
    Best of 5 years!

10+ Year Old Account
    ((Oh okay))
    Valkore arrived at the weights, only to see them full. "Darn these crowds" he said and he walked back out. He walked up to a manager. "Hey, when does the tournament start?" he asked.

((You can RP ALL NON PLAYERS! You cannot kill them though.))

Garots wandered around. The crowds stifled him. He saw the manager, next to an Elf. "I have a question!" Garots butted in, interrupting the Elf.
    Best of 5 years!

10+ Year Old Account
    "Hey, wait your turn." Valkore shouted. "Dang humans..." he muttered.

((Garots, you gonna be the manager?))