Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    *Tank dies*
    Raid: WHAT.
    Thats happening for my guild on heroic lich king. Noob pallies don't know how to time heals in that brief .26 seconds they have before the tank randomly goes from 100% to dead. And on one occasion one of them managed to get a LoH's off, but the game was like "LoL I don't care your dead anyways". Recount showed the tank at 40% hp, the LoH criting for 60k overheal (no healing actually done) then dieing .1 second later
    But your eyes are drawn of charcoal they're black they're so cold they're so imperfect because they see a sleeping world where waking isn't worth it

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Bojangles View Post
    Thats happening for my guild on heroic lich king. Noob pallies don't know how to time heals in that brief .26 seconds they have before the tank randomly goes from 100% to dead. And on one occasion one of them managed to get a LoH's off, but the game was like "LoL I don't care your dead anyways". Recount showed the tank at 40% hp, the LoH criting for 60k overheal (no healing actually done) then dieing .1 second later
    Soul Reaper should replace the next melee swing.

Popping Vampiric Blood, a trinket, and having my 4 pc up and then surviving with 3k health only to be killed by an infest tick that first hit .2 seconds before soul reaper is SO MUCH FUN.

kriS411
    sorry, but what the op mentioned sounds more like raid fail then mechanics fail to me.

only encounter where you may get owned by is blood prince council and the very unforgiving LK HC encounter.

soul reaper should replace the next melee swing.

Popping vampiric blood, a trinket, and having my 4 pc up and then surviving with 3k health only to be killed by an infest tick that first hit .2 seconds before soul reaper is so much fun.
    qft

Quote Originally Posted by elkninja View Post
    Never raid in Vanilla WoW?
    Had to laugh there
    Backstab!<=Q(^_^)===Q>==>(X_x)Q
    Pro at stunnlocking clothies to death since 2005.

http://www.youtube.com/user/badde09

Stood in the Fire The Painkiller's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You should all consider yourselves lucky for even being there, the only progression guild I joined that considered themselves "hardcore" and been around since vanilla couldn't even clear putricide at all! They broke up a couple months ago, leaving one (and I mean ONE) progressing guild on the horde side on my server.
    Everyone's insane but me...

10+ Year Old Account
    Boss mechanics that can kill you is not poor fight design :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do you have a green ooze up in p3? That wipe can't be blamed on RNG.

---------- Post added 06-22-2010 at 10:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by elkninja View Post
    Never raid in Vanilla WoW?
    I can tell that you didn't.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Quote Originally Posted by Zamph View Post
    We have this boss on "farm" in ICC 25, but yesterday as usual right before phase 3, a Malleable Goo is thrown at the green ooze target resulting in a good chunk of deaths.

I understand there is some RNG in encounters, but with PP it takes it to another level. The chance to have a raid wipe out of your control is far greater.

Anyone else getting annoyed by this?
    Just curious, does your raid use hand of sacrifice? divine sacrifice? power word shield? This is EASILY liveable through.

At the very least the raid leader yells gtfo from there and the one guy dies and gets bres'ed/you 24 man it with 20% buff.

is this a qq thread about pve being difficult?!??

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blitzkreig1212 View Post
    is this a qq thread about pve being difficult?!??
    0/10.
    People please don't feed him.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

10+ Year Old Account
    malleable goo at targeted player? clearly a fail of the raid.

hint: no malleable goo in melee range(when enough people stand outside ofc)

Quote Originally Posted by Pojodan View Post
    I'm not fond of fights that have Random_Big_Damage_1 and Random_Big_Damage_2, that are on seperate, fluxating timers which allows for both to go off at the same time at the same target. This just makes twitch reaction on your healers' part far too important, and good healers are hard enough to come by as it is.
    Yes but PP cant exactly be considered that. His raid group has a choice move towards and wipe half the raid or run away and let 1 die seems like common snese not a Big damgage + big damage the abilities are far more complex.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    NightHaawk rolls a 2 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: HA HA HA HA
    Chikko rolls a 1 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: FFFUUUUU

i might be wrong, but i think you are doing normal mode. at witch point, you all need to get a lot better because with the buff he is faceroll on heroic.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eltrollo View Post
    ever raid prince in kara in t4 and less now that was annoying rng
    Kara = TBC =/= vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Mahican View Post
    Kara = TBC =/= vanilla
    I have no idea what this is supposed to mean and I feel like I should.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll View Post
    i might be wrong, but i think you are doing normal mode. at witch point, you all need to get a lot better because with the buff he is faceroll on heroic.
    Correction. To you he is a faceroll not to someone like OP proggresing through normal. (a little late i might add)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    NightHaawk rolls a 2 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: HA HA HA HA
    Chikko rolls a 1 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: FFFUUUUU

There are plenty of fights to complain about rng on, putricide is most definitely not one of them. In fact I've always considered him to be the best designed fight in icecrown and one of my favorite bosses in the expansion. Before the icc buffs came in, he was a great challenge in heroic.

But yea, if you want to complain about a boss with unavoidable rng and bad fight mechanics, look at Sindragosa, double holy pally unchained used to give a huge chance for tank death, in 10 man the problem can be even worse. Last week we took only one caster to eat the unchained debuff. In p3 she got blocked, as soon as she did, 2 healers get unchained, and the next mark for block went on the 3rd healer, that is just amazingly bad luck + horrible boss design right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozendekay View Post
    Soul Reaper should replace the next melee swing.

Popping Vampiric Blood, a trinket, and having my 4 pc up and then surviving with 3k health only to be killed by an infest tick that first hit .2 seconds before soul reaper is SO MUCH FUN.
    Just heal yourself for 60k, should be able to with VB up.

Putricide is actualy the 2nd encounter after heroic LK that doesnt make me want to sleep...A very good design.