Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Night Elf Warlocks!?

Lorewise, do ya think it might work?
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

Deleted
    No... Just no...

Deleted
    It started off with not many races allowing the practice on "dark magic" and warlocks were not really allowed in some places and i dont really think that Night elves would of been allowed to practice the demonic magic.

Then again their dabbling in magic is what caused them so many problems.
    Not too far of a stretch.

Druids and priestesses of the moon barely accepted highborne magi in their ranks. Doubt they'd allow warlocks to join =)
    My RP Character №1 - Trillium Starwind - Night Elf Druid/Warrior
    My RP Character №2 - in progress, creating

High Elf Warlock maybe...not a night elf.

Then again Warlock magic was banned for orcs after Gul'dan, yet you can still make Orc warlocks :x

Orcs accepted warlocks as "necessary evil", just like humans. Night elves see warlocks as evil, but definetely not as "necessary" =)))

High Elf warlocks automaticaly become blood elves, I suppose - after all, blood elves are high elves affected by fel energies.

15+ Year Old Account
    Star Trek Syndrome

The belief that every member of a race, species and/or culture follow the same beliefs and laws that the masses follow.

Example: The idea of every Klingon male is a warrior or the every Romulan evil and sinister.

You guys can be closed minded if you want.

OFC not every memeber. There are nelf warlocks in Cult of the Dark Strand, etc.

But let me remind you, that all nelves belong to authority of Darnassus and start their path in Teldrassil. Darnassus won't allow night elven warlocks' presence in Teldrassil or any other night elven territories, ever. It's not DnD, characters are not absolutely separate entities. They are parts of nations. And nations have their own restrictions.

15+ Year Old Account
    That's lovely, however that changes nothing. If we go by your opinion and belief, every German born between 1912 and 1940~ was a Nazi, because of theirs laws and "restrictions". (Bit of back story, under the rule of Hitler, every teacher and educator was fired unless they were a card holding memeber of the Nazi party and had to teach with a bias towards Nazism and Hitler)

Do you know what diversity is? An example close to home, which may help; England is a small country, a small island, a small population. However, there are great differences in culture, personality and acceptable behaviour throughout this small "nation". We have laws, we have people who break those laws. We ban racism, sexism and general discrimination. Do we have still have people who follow these practices? Hell yes.

Darnassus bans the practise of black magic, or "fel arts". Can people still follow these practices? Yes. Do Warlocks have the option and ability to conceal themselves? Yes.

Mages and other spell casters see Warlocks as Mages with a strong "lust for power". Are you telling me that not a single Night Elf who was used to be immortal and almighty won't crave some sort of strength or power after having this ripped from them?

You better have a damn good argument to counter this or find an amazing flaw or you'll just seem stubborn and/or ignorant.
    Last edited by Ultima; 2010-07-06 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    That's lovely, however that changes nothing. If we go by your opinion and belief, every Germany from born between 1912 and 1940~ was a Nazi, because of theirs laws and "restrictions". (Bit of back story, under the rule of Hitler, every teacher and educator was fired unless they were a card holding memeber of the Nazi party and had to teach with a bias towards Nazism and Hitler)

Do you know what diversity is? An example close to home, which may help; England is a small country, a small island, a small population. However, there are great differences in culture, personality and acceptable behaviour throughout this small "nation". We have laws, we have people who break those laws. We ban racism, sexism and general discrimination. Do we have still have people who follow these practices? Hell yes.

Darnassus bans the practise of black magic, or "fel arts". Can people still follow these practices? Yes. Do Warlocks have the option and ability to conceal themselves? Yes.

Mages and other spell casters see Warlocks as Mages with a strong "lust for power". Are you telling me that not a single Night Elf who was used to be immortal and almighty won't crave some sort of strength or power after having this ripped from them?

You better have a damn good argument to counter this or find an amazing flaw or you'll just seem stubborn and/or ignorant.

I like the argument. Let me take a whack at it. As we saw Sir Zelick was an undead paladin and the only reason why he was the only (or few) to do this was because of his faith. According to this one could roll an undead pally, however, blizzard has stated that they do not want undead pallies. The reason why is most likely that because there just are not sufficient enough numbers of the undead that would have enough willpower to be a paladin. This then leads to the Night elf warlocks. Yes, there are some nelf locks out there but not nearly enough.

By the way, I think NELF's should not be playable warlocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    (Oh god I'm such a troll)

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, I'm afraid you've fallen into the trap. The topic is "Lorewise, do ya think it might work?", not "Will it be implemented?".

We are discussing the possibility of the existence, which I am glad you agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by Trillivm View Post
    Orcs accepted warlocks as "necessary evil", just like humans. Night elves see warlocks as evil, but definetely not as "necessary" =)))

High Elf warlocks automaticaly become blood elves, I suppose - after all, blood elves are high elves affected by fel energies.
    wrong. humans do not accept warlocks if you ever played an alliance warlock 1 of the quests even tells you this if you ever read it. allaince warlocks are kept in secret. i dont know how blood elves became warlocks but things you should know are NO RACE not 1 accepts warlocks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Blood Elf?

Well , if u don't want to be imprisoned for 10,000 years, you'd better stay away from Demons
    Just believe... all cars have mind.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why:
    Humans - Saw the power of the Warlocks the Horde had, followed suit. Rejected by society but tolerated so long as they don't flaunt themselves or cause harm.
    Gnomes - Same as above.
    Dwarves - Seeing the power of the Dark Iron, they decided that fighting fire with fire is acceptable.
    Orcs - Continuing the legacy, but less recklessly. Used to help understand Mannoroth's blood taint as well.
    Worgen - A power thing.
    Trolls - A power thing.
    Blood Elves - Their boss sided with a half-demon. He said it was ok.
    Undead - I don't really have to explain this one do I?
    Goblins - Someone at blizzard said "HEY! What if the green dudes could summon green dudes?!" and someone replied "THATS HILARIOUS! DO IT!"

Why Not:
    Draenei - Demons destroyed their planet and forced them into exile for a millenia
    Night Elves - Demons (and magic addiction) destroyed half the planet, created the Naga, caused the most powerful magic user and queen to betray their people (Illidan, Ashzara). 10,000 years later when they start getting used to the idea that magic isn't THAT bad, the 2nd in command of the Burning Legion destroys their link to immortality.
    Tauren - Goes against the Earth Mother's beliefs.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by sac View Post
    wrong. humans do not accept warlocks if you ever played an alliance warlock 1 of the quests even tells you this if you ever read it. allaince warlocks are kept in secret. i dont know how blood elves became warlocks but things you should know are NO RACE not 1 accepts warlocks.
    The Forsaken, and to a lesser extent the Blood Elves have Warlocks that are publicly accepted. Particularly the former, though. The Forsaken do not seem to have any objection to Warlocks at all... but then, the Forsaken have been pretty unabashedly evil thus far themselves.
    That's just between you, me, and my pal Captain Winky.

15+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't describe it as evil. More like...

If all the races went camping, most of them wouldn't look at it, but it'd be there if they needed it. Blood Elves would "forget" their moral compass and the Forsaken would smash it with a hammer.

R.I.P. YARG

I also believe that bliz doesn't want nelf warlocks, because that would just open up the suggestions for demon hunters... not that people really need encouragement.