Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Vanilla model updates

I doubt they have said it - and since search is disabled I'm not scrolling through 400+ pages to see if anyone has asked.

So has anyone read or seen in beta old race updates? It's depressing to see humans/orcs/undead/trolls/dwarves/etc look so pixelated compared to their BC/Cata counterparts.

Please for the Love of God Bliz - update these races.

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont think they are updating current races in the xpack

You know, you spend most of your time in armor that covers your whole character, that is more detailed, why bother updating old models unless you run around naked all the time?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think they actually said they didn't have immediate plans to do so. Which is basicly saying it's gonna happen at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by pinycone View Post
    You know, you spend most of your time in armor that covers your whole character, that is more detailed, why bother updating old models unless you run around naked all the time?

Becuase some models,like the night elf male are completly screwed up on every level. Weapons go thought their arms and legs, and the anatomy is just riddiculus.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Atica View Post
    Becuase some models,like the night elf male are completly screwed up on every level. Weapons go thought their arms and legs, and the anatomy is just riddiculus.
    That's a model problem not a detail problem. And changing the model for one race/sex combination would require a new model for every single piece of armor or weaponry in the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chakosa View Post
    Welcome to how the game was always and is supposed to be played. Have fun not being able to be an autistic shit anymore.

If it were going to happen for Cataclysm, you'd know about it already. That's the sort of thing they'd include in the list of expansion features because it's a pretty big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by kabshiel View Post
    If it were going to happen for Cataclysm, you'd know about it already. That's the sort of thing they'd include in the list of expansion features because it's a pretty big deal.
    Actually I'd think it would be a reason not to tell us. If they can't get it done in time we're gonna harp on them for telling us about the candy but not giving it to us. I'll bet if they do update the models to be as pretty as the goblins and Worgen they'd wait till a month from shipping or maybe Blizcon. Either way I don't think they want another Dance Studio situation.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolmageddon View Post
    That's a model problem not a detail problem. And changing the model for one race/sex combination would require a new model for every single piece of armor or weaponry in the game.
    not really. (I think that) they dont "make new armor model" for every playable race at all. take a helmet for example, they'll just set some paths on a model's head and the raw model gets changed according to it. (Humans get the normal helmet, but the normal model is changed when it is equiped by a Tauren.)

The models aren't...terrible...but some of the animations are terrible.

To bad you cant use custom ones :/

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atica View Post
    i always wanted Night Elf women to look more like their concept arts and not like some silly anime chick.

http://www.wowwiki.com/File:Nightelves-160x.jpg

LF serious models :\

And some models are just silly looking. I mean, I was looking at the facial expression on the male goblin yesterday. You can see his eyebrows lift and move about. While the old races look awful. I mean, female trolls don't even have eyelids.

Hopefully they finally fix that robe bug (when you are swimming on pretty much any race you can see straight up the robe and nothing is there, pretty much completely see through)

Brock2525
    Quote Originally Posted by Boloney View Post
    i dont think they are updating current races in the xpack
    Based on?

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    I think they actually said they didn't have immediate plans to do so. Which is basicly saying it's gonna happen at some point.
    They've never said this.

Quote Originally Posted by kabshiel View Post
    Nope.

I would support updated face textures/models.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

@banestalker

Imo they do look like the concept art. But like allways they're just concept art and the result after it will never be 100% after it.
    Backstab!<=Q(^_^)===Q>==>(X_x)Q
    Pro at stunnlocking clothies to death since 2005.

http://www.youtube.com/user/badde09

15+ Year Old Account
    It would be nice, but logistically, I don't think it is feasible. I'd imagine the reason is that every armour and weapon model in the game would have to be adjusted, which would just create a real nightmare.

Animation updates, however, would be very welcome.
    For the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaiwyn View Post
    It would be nice, but logistically, I don't think it is feasible. I'd imagine the reason is that every armour and weapon model in the game would have to be adjusted, which would just create a real nightmare.

Animation updates, however, would be very welcome.
    Yeah, I don't really understand the requests for full model makeovers. Re-texture some faces, add a few hairstyles / colors, and let's get some updated movements.

I think they need to make it more of a public event. Have their guy(s) draw up some concepts and put them to a vote on the forums. Don't keep us in the dark like they did with the barber shop, only to introduce cross-race hairstyles.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Some parts on the older models are just crap. the older models, when they move thier arms strait up, you can see only the arm strech to the point where it doesn't even look normal. That doesn't happen as bad as Dreanei or Blood elves but darn it is horrible.

Funny how Blizzard cannot simply update old models to keep up with the slightly superior graphics of newer content. But other MMO's like Eve Online updated their whole game engine from ugly graphics to very realistic graphics....