Gnomeregan still a dungeon?

Hey guys, first post on mmo-champion but long time reader. Anways, something caught that caught my eye this morning while looking at zones and whether or not they are playable in the current beta build....Gnomeregan being one of them? Correct me if im wrong, but like the Echo Isles (darkspear isles), wasn't it supposed to be recappureted by the Gnomes? Rhetorical question, but maybe the lower levels of gnomer still held by the troggs? Anyways, would be interested in hearing your thoughts on this

Might not be finished.

Gnomeregan (24 - 34)
    This is what's in the beta LFD tool.

So far, the quest line about the recapturing of Gnomer fails to take the city and the Gnomes only take the airport and the rest of the surface.. Not that there's a lot on that surface, but I did't look for screenshots of that place from the beta.
    Last edited by Amorac; 2010-07-10 at 01:53 PM.
    ~Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see.~
    ~Every damn thing you do in this life, you have to pay for.~

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I never really understood the purpose of topics like the one you have created.. Why do you care what others think. 90% of this forum posts are pure speculations of whats yet to come.. If you have played this game long enough then you should already know that what counts its not our thoughts , but what Blizzard will decide to do..

There absolutely no reason creating such topics cause ur thoughts or mine dont count at all. And yes Gnomeregan will become an end game dungeon..

Deleted
    Gnomeregan is part of Dun Morogh. It says on the frontpage that DM is not playable. As long as that's the case, it makes sense to have the old dungeon in the LFD tool. Once they make it playable, I'm sure they'll remove it. Remember, it's beta, not everything is done already...

Quote Originally Posted by Amorac View Post
    So far, the quest line about the recapturing of Gnomer fails to take the city and the Gnomes only take the airport and the rest of the surface.. Not that there's a lot on that surface, but I don't think I've seen screenshots of that place from the beta.
    This makes sense. I had a feeling the gnomes would fail in retaking the city. I was looking forward to a cataclysm without a gnomeregan, but meh whatever, I'm still very pleased with the rest of the updates

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, Gnomeregan will still be a dungeon. YOu only retake the surface of Gnomeregan and 'Evilmastergnome' still lives, thus the dungeon is still there.

Quote Originally Posted by deathtognomes View Post
    I never really understood the purpose of topics like the one you have created.. Why do you care what others think. 90% of this forum posts are pure speculations of whats yet to come.. If you have played this game long enough then you should already know that what counts its not our thoughts , but what Blizzard will decide to do..

There absolutely no reason creating such topics cause ur thoughts or mine dont count at all. And yes Gnomeregan will become an end game dungeon..
    Exactly, it's all speculation unless something screams fact. But never the less, I was interested in finding out what other people thought on gnomeregan, since most people were under the impression that I would be removed as a dungeon once the gnomes took it back (I know, crazy thought right?)

10+ Year Old Account
    This has been stated a thousand times over. The gnomes are NOT taking all of Gnomeregan. They will try but fail, ending with only the surface (a.k.a. the part of Gnomeregan that isn't instanced).

Edit: for those wanting proof http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...Id=24261188784

"To that end, we are introducing a new quest line and event by which players can take part in taking the first steps to do just that by recapturing Gnomeregan’s surface and reclaiming a small portion of their former home."
    Last edited by Elovan; 2010-07-10 at 02:10 PM.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, that would be pre-Cata where you take back the surface, it'll be part of the pre-release, just like taking back Echo Isles is.
    I'd imagine the Gnome starting quests would be recapturing all of it. And there will be some sort of "time-machine" to take you back to the original Gnomeregan. Just a guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    changed gnomer, maybe, cant be the same after a bomb went off in it, maybe its more trogg based, with an additional mecaplug based instance coming in as him being hte big bad guy, we need a gnome based raid.
    Chow is my love monkey.

Public forums are places for discussion.

That's lame, being a gnome running around gnomeregan would've made gnomes feel more enchanting :/
    Ideas:
    Self Adventuring
    PVP Public Events
    "Steal the shit out of my ideas"

only the surface levels of gnomeragen were recaptured... the gnomes are building a city around its entrace.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Biased much? If opinions dont matter then why did you bother posting?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk_Fogg
    But don't worry guys... you're not going to Space Camp but at least you've got those remote control trucks and your confidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Olmec
    The player that conquers the most countries in sixty seconds, wins!

Why do you care? If you are not interested then just move on. He didn't open the post for you to 'understand' his reasoning. Maybe he is curious what the rest of the players think, regardless of whether or not its speculation.

i hated gnomer leveling. worst.