Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The only portals we'll probably find are to say places like Deepholm, most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Vallin View Post
    So let me get this straight, you all want the portals turned off? But let me guess, you all take the portals dozens of times a day because it saves you time as well, but you all see it fit to complain about them? Thats the pot calling the kettle black to me.
    Well when the portals are there its hard not to use them. Sort of like the bus. When I know I can catch it right outside my apartment I'm not gonna spend 2 hours walking from my neighborhood, down the highway, and into downtown; I'm gonna take the 25 minute bus ride.

Anywho, I use my ground mount all the time and the occasional flight path in old world content and don't mind it at all. It's nice just riding around sometimes to get where you want to be. One of the reasons why I enjoyed getting Loremaster so much was because of this. It's just too bad every zone is near barren of people as they're all sitting in Org queued for randoms.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    i heard a portal or something will connect darnassus and stormwind, similar to the undercity/silvermoon orb.
    They wont do that, the boat that used to head to Darkshore from SW now goes from Teldrassil to SW.

I hope they remove the portals in Dalaran and in Shatt.

Momma gotta get some new shoes.

There will, in fact, be new portals.

They will be orange.
    God damn those casuals and their utter refusal to ever complain as much as the so-called hardcores.

10+ Year Old Account
    i want more world pvp

No need for more portals really. Think about it.

IF is connected to SW by a tram, and if you're lazy the FP isn't too long between them.

Stormwind, Exodar, and Darnassus all have boats to Auberdine. So the Alliance is pretty set.

The Horde is also stocked with transports as it is. Orgrimmar has zeppelins to both TB and Undercity. (Though I think the one between org and TB needs a speed boost...) and Undercity/Silvermoon have that nifty orb.

So basically, every Alliance city is already fairly close to Stormwind via boats/tram, and every Horde city is close to Org with zeps and the blood elf orb. We don't need portals in the normal cities. Hell, I even think the portals to the blasted lands are a bit much.

Quote Originally Posted by Boloney View Post
    i want more world pvp
    ^^This
    Quote Originally Posted by Sl
    So you just see mages running up to the boss going "AGGHHH"
    and everyone else being like, "What.. what are you doing?"
    "CDS UP BRO DONT WORRY, AHHHPEWPEWPEPEW"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesingwary-Eliada View Post
    Well when the portals are there its hard not to use them. Sort of like the bus. When I know I can catch it right outside my apartment I'm not gonna spend 2 hours walking from my neighborhood, down the highway, and into downtown; I'm gonna take the 25 minute bus ride.

Anywho, I use my ground mount all the time and the occasional flight path in old world content and don't mind it at all. It's nice just riding around sometimes to get where you want to be. One of the reasons why I enjoyed getting Loremaster so much was because of this. It's just too bad every zone is near barren of people as they're all sitting in Org queued for randoms.
    makes me cry what they did to wow

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boloney View Post
    makes me cry what they did to wow
    Damn those portals. They killed wow.

Quote Originally Posted by s1ppr View Post
    Damn those portals. They killed wow.
    He's talking about the Random Dungeon tool and players staying in Major cities from 15-80.

I can see Garrosh being too lazy to walk between cities, or wanting to keep quick access between them so he can step through and smack people when he wants to. Portals might happen...

Quote Originally Posted by Maewen View Post
    Please do not add any portals.

This is a MMORPG and let the player travel between maps.

Joining any event(arena, bg, dungeon, raid)while you are jumping on Orgrimmar Bank is not cool. That's not Modern Warfare Game, select server and start headshotz!
    I agree, plus I intend to play on my mage so, awesome.

also, MW2 is awesome

id rather have a kirin tor mage in every town including the small ones and pick where to teleport to from a list. CBA to fly

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    You've got a pretty exaggerated sense of the amount of time it takes to go places in the game. For example, it's five minutes TOPS from Orgrimmar to Undercity, thanks to zepplins. Thunderbluff is a little bit longer, but with flying mounts allowing you to no longer have to wait for a zepplin, is also five minutes tops, if that.

People cry about stuff taking 15-20 minutes when in reality it doesn't take anywhere near that long, especially not so when we can use flying mounts in old world.
    flying mounts may change this, but atm it takes 8 min to use the FP from SW - booty bay. thats pretty long if u ask me. most other areas take a similar amount of time, and thats not interactive either. its one thing having to ride a horse, or fly to an area, but to be on an automated route for extended periods of time sucks.

so sure, we can fly in cata, but lowbies cant. contested zones are going to be a bitch to level in with aerial ganking also lol.

Quote Originally Posted by tanked View Post
    so sure, we can fly in cata, but lowbies cant. contested zones are going to be a bitch to level in with aerial ganking also lol.
    Actually, this is what I want. When lowbies start getting ganked they get on their mains, get friends, etc... This could help bring back World PvP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sl
    So you just see mages running up to the boss going "AGGHHH"
    and everyone else being like, "What.. what are you doing?"
    "CDS UP BRO DONT WORRY, AHHHPEWPEWPEPEW"

Quote Originally Posted by Corgran View Post
    Actually, this is what I want. When lowbies start getting ganked they get on their mains, get friends, etc... This could help bring back World PvP
    thats actually a good point, touche..

im in favor of world pvp, so this could work heh

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodbyecruelwow View Post
    Yeah, but the saint casualz done have time for it(lol), so they need everything handed out. Deal with it since it's blizztivison 70% of customers atm.
    I really hope you're trolling because that's pretty funny. So hardcores don't want to have portals? This is new to me.
    I am a filthy casual!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kill kill kill
    Red=dead!

This will help your dear WPvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Metallikiddd View Post
    Get rid of FP's and put in portals.
    Now you're thinking with portals!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.