Mutilate weapons: Fast-Fast vs Fast-Slow

My question is, being a mutilate rogue, would i benefit more from the 0,1 DPS bonus of dualwielding HC Lungbreakers, the 1.40 dagger then i would from using the 1,80 speed Rib Spreader HC? seeing as the itemisation on the fast daggers isnt optimal for Mutilate, but they seem to pull ahead due to that 0,1 exdra DPS.

I have run them through a few spreadsheets and nearly all of them come up with different answers. I was hoping perhaps a bit of discussion and community feedback could do the trick

10+ Year Old Account
    dual-wielding H Lungbreakers is pretty much the best set up currently.
    Your sig exceeds the maximum allowed size of 500px wide by 100px high by 50kb. Please see the guidelines for more information.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantazm View Post
    dual-wielding H Lungbreakers is pretty much the best set up currently.
    How could you possibly draw that conclusion? H Heaven's Fall main hand, H Lungbreaker off hand is the best setup.

Off the top of my head, I'm thinking that switching from Lungbreaker/Rib Spreader to Lungbreaker/Lungbreaker would lower your Mutilate damage but increase your energy gain through Focused Attacks. Poison damage would remain the same since Instant Poison is normalized. I'm at work so I can't run some numbers, but intuitively I'm feeling as though Lungbreaker/Rib Spreader would win out.

As always, if you want to know what's better, use a spreadsheet.
    Last edited by Sarcasm; 2010-07-20 at 03:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BattlemasterSkarab View Post
    GOD's ARMAGEDDON and DOOM'S DAY!!!!!!.... Imagine that...
    4 apocalyptic horsemen
    Sky turned red
    Sun turned black
    All WoW servers down

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    How could you possibly draw that conclusion? H Heaven's Fall main hand, H Lungbreaker off hand is the best setup.

Off the top of my head, I'm thinking that switching from Lungbreaker/Rib Spreader to Lungbreaker/Lungbreaker would lower your Mutilate damage but increase your energy gain through Focused Attacks. Poison damage would remain the same since Instant Poison is normalized. I'm at work so I can't run some numbers, but intuitively I'm feeling as though Lungbreaker/Rib Spreader would win out.

As always, if you want to know what's better, use a spreadsheet.
    I would assume he said this because most people have no access to Heroic Lich king loot, I guess you could say the same for Heroic ICC loot but I see why he would have said that.

Anyways, Heroic lungbreaker/Heroic lungbreaker is almost always the best setup before you can get the heroic lk dagger in almost all gear sets. Extra energy trumps increased mutilate damage plus 4 extra agil due to socket bonus. My value for haste is even 2.14 and ribspreader is still 24 dps worse.
    Last edited by sabrelime; 2010-07-20 at 06:09 AM.

i appreciate the answers, will do some more runs though the simsheet for good measure