Poll: Do you play WoW with in-game music on?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Depends what I'm doing.

If I'm leveling an alt - then yes.
    If I'm raiding or doing instances - then no, because then I am probably on Skype or Vent.
    If I'm farming tons of something in one zone - then no, this is when I usually break out my own music to not get extremely bored.

yeah buddy

Music is part of the video game, it's the graphics for your ears.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukari View Post
    Equality is a universal concept, you either care about it for everyone, or you don't care about it. It can't be compartmentalized, you can't champion equality for solely one group, that's inimical to the whole idea of equality.
    To make room for the cupcake!

I play with it on unless im raiding..

Really helps me immerse myself ya know.. some zones have beautiful music

Playing MMORPGs and RPGs with the sound on is usually not an option for me...
    I always got my music playing, love it this way
    But, I do play FPS games with the game sounds
    Quote Originally Posted by Membrane
    Every day I wake up, log in and look at the nine other class icons in the character creation screen. Then I burst into laughter, create a portal into a distant realm, do a motherfucking double backflip through that portal while slinging pastries and blasts of PURE COSMIC ENERGY everywhere, respeccing into frost midair and deep freezing two gnomes before landing on my feet. In my wake only disintegrated corpses, strudel crumbs and adorable turtles are found.
    Yeah, I troll, Whatever

I didnt for the first 4 years, then i quitted a while, and when i started i left it on, really brings a extra feel and vibe to certain places.

Sometimes I've had sound off but it doesn't feel right without it, like you're only getting half the game. It feels like more of a job than a game without any atmosphere to it, plus most music is awesome in the game.

powerman 5000 > wows weird crappy sounds

Quote Originally Posted by Conno View Post
    only when i'm in grizzly hills. Awesome music.
    This.
    Grizzly Hills and Howling Fjord seem to have the best feel....

The in-game music is nice and I only have sounds on when questing or leveling for added role-play effect. When raiding, fishing or grinding mobs I have huge playlist of my favorite goa/psytrance/ambient albums in Winamp. But yeah I do enjoy the in-game music very much, in some zones is soothing and in some very aggressive, just great and diverse.

I turn it off when i'm doing a mind-numbingly boring (grinding, dailies, boring areas and bad quest lines/quest hubs).

Sounds affects/music are to get you to feel more immersed. I will never feel immersed when killing the billionth pirate of the day so why bother ? I just put on some music and make the task a little less annoying.

TRAIN SET ANYONE?! xD

Deleted
    Nope, my Younger sis is an anime fangirl... and.... I got some decent sounds out of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGzLw...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by Davantius View Post
    Heres an awesome tip for those that want to listen to the in game music and the npc voice acting in raids without having to put up with the combat noises and the moans and groans comming from the player characters as they fight:

Type in, or make a macro:

/console Sound_ListenerAtCharacter 0

That makes all the sound you hear come from the position of your camera rather than where your character is. So you still hear the boss's speeches and the music at normal volume but you don't hear any combat noise.

Then go into your 'Sound and Voice' options and disable the tick-box labelled 'Error Speech'.

This stops the 'I'm out of range' and 'That ability isn't ready yet' speech that is played constantly during battle.
    You are my hero ! Thanks mate !

10+ Year Old Account
    I just have Loop Music unchecked. Lowers the redundancy of being in an area for over-long periods of time. Other than that, been a huge fan of the in-game music since the first time I set foot in Stormwind many years ago.

Can't play the game without the Sound/Music on because it just doesn't feel right, it all adds to the atmosphere of the game
    For the Horde!

I'm usually playing with all sounds off as I tend to have some kind of movie/series running in window next to WoW. But when I feel like submerging deeply into the world, I put on headphones and turn the ingame music on because it's truly epic.

I like to have the music on, most the time the actual combat sounds end up getting on my nerves though.

10+ Year Old Account
    yes when im just out in the open doing quests and so on, and most of the time i keep it on for heroics but in raids and BG's and arena's il blare some other music. to get me pumpd

---------- Post added 2010-07-20 at 08:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Davantius View Post
    Heres an awesome tip for those that want to listen to the in game music and the npc voice acting in raids without having to put up with the combat noises and the moans and groans comming from the player characters as they fight:

Type in, or make a macro:

/console Sound_ListenerAtCharacter 0

That makes all the sound you hear come from the position of your camera rather than where your character is. So you still hear the boss's speeches and the music at normal volume but you don't hear any combat noise.

Then go into your 'Sound and Voice' options and disable the tick-box labelled 'Error Speech'.

This stops the 'I'm out of range' and 'That ability isn't ready yet' speech that is played constantly during battle.
    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...am-reborn.aspx works for every class
    Prot for life!

I turn it down until its almost muted. I've usually got TV or the missus in the same room so its hard to have it on a decent enough volume. I just haven't found a reason to turn it back up again.

Only time i ever do is when a guildy says 'Oh, have you heard the cool music in here'. Like in Sindragosa's room - last time i recall