Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'm saddened at male blood elf hate =( I only picked the race because it's the only male Horde race without back problems and also the only race in the game with the proper proportions of a human being...

Wow this ain't stereotyping at all!

But seriously, I would have to say the worst players I meet are almost always gnomes... lil' bastards. Then the next would be orc males (usually warriors) and undead males. The best people I meet are usually female taurens, drae'nei, female dwarves.... and blood elf males!!! JK about the belf males but I hardly meet bad people who are belf males.

15+ Year Old Account
    I see the ugliest races are the nicest,maybe it is in the eye's of the beholder and nicer people can only accept ugly people?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    I play all races, classes and both genders. I don't think it effects my personality. I'm generally easy going.

Quote Originally Posted by Aildaris View Post
    Wow this ain't stereotyping at all!

But seriously, I would have to say the worst players I meet are almost always gnomes... lil' bastards. Then the next would be orc males (usually warriors) and undead males. The best people I meet are usually female taurens, drae'nei, female dwarves.... and blood elf males!!! JK about the belf males but I hardly meet bad people who are belf males.
    That male belf ret paladin that's in everyone of my random heroics that's wearing and gemming spell penetration is definitely bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Female orcs are always the rude ones

Warlocks are always very nice (Go figure) Give advice in the group for new players, always reassuring, calm confident.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knarg View Post
    A race of cursed wolfmen that have only just gotten their baser nature under control sound nearly as dangerous to their allies as to their enemies.

Kind of like a race of deranged, munitions-stockpiling green midgets.

Why, it's almost as if Blizzard planned it...

15+ Year Old Account
    Funny you mention male tauren shaman.
    They are the bane of everything in this game to me.
    They act nice but are really horrible people, and they tend to always try to one up anyone around them.
    And a lot of them are from the south >.>

my list
    top 3 most hated
    1. UD's fcking rude=?
    2. Belf's Jerks
    3. Human male the more SSJ they are the worse

Top 3 Most loved.
    1.Troll, female the best
    2.Dwarf, Again female are nicer then males.
    3.Taurens both are cewl.

Quote Originally Posted by thatbezoguy View Post
    I play all races, classes and both genders. I don't think it effects my personality. I'm generally easy going.
    Same with me. Although, the stereotypes don't apply to every player, just the majority. I play a male Nelf and a female Draenei (and lots of alts) but I don't apply to either of the stereotypes I've observed from Nelves (stupid, impulsive) and Draenei (elitist, although usually friendly)

Beautiful sig made by Nicolette

Male Human - Tend to act like/be little kids. Warriors and paladins tend to be a bit elitist (though often also immature).
    Female Human - Sometimes immature but overall fine. Paladins and priests can be pompous.
    Male Dwarf - Funny guys, usually fairly mature. Very tolerable.
    Female Dwarf - Are either funny or think they are but aren't. Many nice players too.
    Male Gnome - Grand example of people that think they are funny but aren't. Many immature and bad players, especially with mages and warriors.
    Female Gnome - Quirky players but overall alright. Warriors tend to think they're good but aren't.
    Male Night Elf - Many little kids. Don't care for male night elves at all, except for priests, which seem fine.
    Female Night Elf - Tend to be mature but think highly of themselves. Priests and druids in general are elitist. Hunters tend to be down-to-earth and fun.
    Male Draenei - Either are immature and bad or very mature and awesome. There don't seem to be many people that are in-between here. Shaman and mages are great.
    Female Draenei - All seem pretty on top of things. Some shaman are not-so-great, but paladins and hunters are stupendous.
    Male Orc - As with male draenei, either mature+good or immature+bad. Shaman are good.
    Female Orc - Very friendly players, almost always mature. I don't think I've met a bad female orc actually, of any kind. Probably my favorite race+gender now that I think of it.
    Male Tauren - Can be pretty immature. Warriors, shaman, DKs, and hunters are the worst example of this.
    Female Tauren - Are pretty chill. Druids can be iffy as far as niceness go, but most players are pretty mature.
    Male Troll - Very fun players. Hunters and priests are exceptional.
    Female Troll - Mostly relaxed and fun. I see a bunch of achievement/profession-oriented characters here. As with males, hunters and priests are awesome.
    Male Undead - Tend to be immature or elitist (usually both when it comes to warriors and rogues). Warlocks tend to be good.
    Female Undead - Almost always elitist or very nice. Mages and warlocks tend to be good.
    Male Blood Elf - I hate to agree with most people, but male blood elves are just plain awful. Worst combo here. Either elitist or extremely immature, and usually a combination of both. Paladins and DKs are the worst by far.
    Female Blood Elf - I've never met anyone here that's too bad. Paladins can be snobby, mages are usually lousy. Warlocks and rogues tend to be pretty good.

---

Of course, there are always exceptions to these generalities and they're just my general feel for players.

No. everyone's mileage varies. playing a race has no affect on a player's personality. a player choosing to play a class with a particular play style may indicate their personal preferences or attitude. for example, some classes may like to maintain control or have lots of fast, weak attacks opposed to a class that has a few strong attacks. I would compare that to a personality that likes to see measurable effects of their actions and effort spent (few strong attacks) whereas many weak attacks reflect a preference to expend a lot of effort constantly and see continuous result from their actions.

Most players play several classes/races, so its impossible to define the effect a race has on their personality. if anything, I think the preference to continue to play a class reflects their personality preference, temperment. though even this isn't predictable because a player can play any race at a given time. I know I don't even consider the race when I load the character, sometimes I forget which races my characters are. I don't see a valid argument, sorry.

Edit: some things that may influence a player's style or reflect their personality are, say a rogue tendency to keep someone stunned and not "playing fair" a healer or support spec buffing party members may reflect a supportive person, a tank may choose to tank because he prefers to lead people, and this class role may help him become a better leader in turn. a crowd controlling mage may hint at a player who likes to be in control of a situation.
    Last edited by ungar; 2010-07-31 at 03:22 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imhullu View Post
    Funny you mention male tauren shaman.
    They are the bane of everything in this game to me.
    They act nice but are really horrible people, and they tend to always try to one up anyone around them.
    And a lot of them are from the south >.>
    Waaaiiit, so you're from America i assume?

Maybe there's a a difference from european male tauren shamans and then american male tauren shaman?

I mean, we were already into the stereotypical stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blood Elf males are ugly people trying to be the pretty people that picked on them in middle/high school. Blood elf female is a 500lb dude drinking diet coke because it's "better" for him and because he thinks belf girlz are smexy. Paladin regardless of race = scrub, also includes the before mention blood elf stigmas. Undead rogues are 11-16 year old wannabe PvP heroes who listen to terrible metal music while playing badly in PvP, usually have insta-poison on off hand, slow off hand dagger. and don't know what mut prep is or why its good in PvP. And by bad metal I mean disturbed.

10+ Year Old Account
    tbh i dont think i could answer this question fairly for one currently only 2 races can play my main class so i had to choose play with friends(horde) or go for the more human looking one (alliance) if u arent sure which class i play its a druid =) in the upcoming i will be becoming either a noob worgen or a blazing troll, but as for the current state certain class race combos really mess with ya. (My grammar sucks dun hert meh)

On my server the elitist jerks tend to be Blood Elves on the Horde, and Humans/Draenei on the Alliance.

Don't mean to generalize but from what I've seen, those races seem to have more jerks than kind folk.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a Horde player, my experience has generally been:

Trolls are generally either ubernoobs or Awesomesauce Niceguy McWin.
    Tauren are usually nice people, and quite possibly stoners.
    Blood Elves are not good people. At all.
    Orcs tend to be the most stable group, tending toward the median.
    Forsaken can really go either way.
    Signature? Feck!

I'd say that race/gender are a result of personality, not the other way around.

But I find that male Gnomes are always completely untrustworthy. With two exceptions, ever, over my years of playing, every male Gnome has been either a ninja or absolutely clueless.

Dwarves (provided they aren't Hunters) always seem to be perfectly amiable folk. Likewise with Trolls, all of whom are just a little bit into RP (nevah met a Troll who didn' respond well to da voodoo talk). Tauren seem to be more friendly than the average. A disproportionate number of gank-happy Rogues are Undead or Night Elf. Retadins, Protadins, and Destro 'Locks seem to invariably suffer from superiority complexes.
    Still waiting on the skillscore addon ...

male Tauren are usually the first to jump up and res me in a raid then its usually BEs i don't think i've ever been rezed by an undead.

Quote Originally Posted by Contrary Jerry View Post
    Blood Elf males are ugly people trying to be the pretty people that picked on them in middle/high school. Blood elf female is a 500lb dude drinking diet coke because it's "better" for him and because he thinks belf girlz are smexy. Paladin regardless of race = scrub, also includes the before mention blood elf stigmas. Undead rogues are 11-16 year old wannabe PvP heroes who listen to terrible metal music while playing badly in PvP, usually have insta-poison on off hand, slow off hand dagger. and don't know what mut prep is or why its good in PvP. And by bad metal I mean disturbed.
    LOL, no. I rolled a bloodelf female because I figured if I was going to level another character 80 levels it might as well be something aesthetically pleasing enough to look at, and the males run very very gay :P (I'm not 500 lbs for playing a female BE, I'm 170 lbs athletic though pretty skinny for being six foot) take for example female orc, I think they're ugly, I'd never play one. forsaken have ugly model skins IMO, they could have been drawn better...for a cartoon, they're too cartoonish for me. trolls are hunched over, skinny-as-skeleton undead... my experience, people roll a different race for most of their characters, so it says nothing about personality if this is the norm.