Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I will literally bet my wow account that they will make it be 30% reduced interruption JUST so we will all slave over the fact that paladins get an extra 5%.

Quote Originally Posted by Funky View Post
    I will literally bet my wow account that they will make it be 30% reduced interruption JUST so we will all slave over the fact that paladins get an extra 5%.
    I don't like using Conc Aura on my Paladin. You can have your weak 30% totem.

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

10+ Year Old Account
    quickly! shoot the damn totem! =P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foibles View Post
    Um... Shamanistic Rage
    enhance only, used as a mana tool mostly for now.

Technically Astral Shift as well.
    elem only and you have to be stunned/feared or silence, it happen really often in pve. that's why every elem sham have it now in their talen tree

No root? Storm, Earth, and Fire.
    again, elem only, and you have to be within 8 yrds of the target

The Shaman has many tools Druids and Priests don't have. Plus, come Cata, Enh's totem's will have 10% of the Shaman's max health.
    yea cuz enh shaman really have that many spare talents points to put into this , have you tried getting a enh spec on the actual beta talent tree? you can't even put your 10 points in a "sub tree"
    There fixed

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Healing Shaman haven't suffered for positions since Vanilla, they're rock solid power-houses (okay, Ulduar sucked for them, but let's move on). And we're not asking for Mana Tide. With how a Shaman's set up now, you can fill up half the buffs you need from just a Resto Shaman alone, and flesh out everything else around what you have and don't have. It's not the fact that our buffs are shared, but we have no choice, nothing to spec into to bring along, nothing to offer that isn't already there.

A Restoration Druid. 1 buff, Mark of the Wild, now shared with Blessing of Kings. Healing Priest (Discipline or Holy). 1 buff, Power Word: Fortitude, now shared with Blood Pact and Commanding Shout.

Compare it to:
    Blessing of Might-1/Abomination's Might/Unleashed Rage/Trueshot Aura
    Blessing of Might-2/Fel Intelligence/Mana Spring Totem
    Blessing of Kings/Mark of the Wild
    Judgement (yay unique health restore)
    Devotion Aura/Stoneskin Totem
    Concentration Aura/Totem of Tranquil Mind

-or-

Flametongue Totem/Wrathful totems/Demonic Pact
    Wrath of Air totem/Shadowform/Moonkin
    Windfury Totem/Improved Icy Talons/Swift Retribution/Hunting Party
    Mana Spring Totem/Blessing of Might/Fel Intelligence
    Strength of Earth Totem/Horn of Winter/Battle Shout
    Stoneskin Totem/Devotion Aura
    Healing Stream Totem (unique, yay)
    -and now-
    Totem of Tranquil Mind/Concentration Aura

Sure, a Shaman's utility is definitely not "all at once" but a shaman is so top heavy they never have to worry about it. If there's a Destruction Warlock already in your group, and you had a choice between Holy Priest or Resto Shaman, even without bloodlust, any group can pick the Shaman just because you're guaranteed more "stuff" that goes along with it.

This isn't "bring the player" this is "bring whatever raid buffs you can squeeze into a 10 man, now that Blizz is forcing it down everyone's throats".
    You've forgotten about Shadow Resistance and Inspiration. That's 200% more buffs than you suggested, pretty hefty.

But what is the point of your post anyway? Almost every shaman posting here thinks that we don't need Conc Aura and someone else should get it.

If your reason for posting so that you could whine a bit, please don't post at all, that's boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Foibles View Post
    Technically Astral Shift as well.
    Losing Astral Shift.

Ele is getting the shaft hard.

Channeled aoe roflolol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Instant View Post
    You've forgotten about Shadow Resistance and Inspiration.
    L2P your class, resto shaman got a even better version of Ispiration for a long time.

If your reason for posting so that you could whine a bit, please don't post at all, that's boring.

Boring like your number 3927842347824th thread about totems?
    Last edited by mmoc67e7f8beac; 2010-08-16 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetlejuice View Post
    Last time i checked mail had more armor than leather or cloth and shields block better than offhands....
    last time i checked enhancement shamans use 2 1h's so the shield comment is invalid, Im not talking about armor class you dolt, I'm talking about skills and spells to survive, we don't have enough.
    Raining Pandarens because of the bouncy racial?
    Quote Originally Posted by rokatoro View Post
    Some Might say it was... (•_•).....( •_•)>⌐■-■....(⌐■_■) A heavy Rain.
    I'm so sorry ;_;

Dear Shaman Community,
    You had enough buffs. Go to hell.

Signed,
    The Healing Priests and Druids of MMO-Champion.
    I don't want your stupid buffs. You can have them.

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Healing Shaman haven't suffered for positions since Vanilla, they're rock solid power-houses (okay, Ulduar sucked for them, but let's move on). And we're not asking for Mana Tide. With how a Shaman's set up now, you can fill up half the buffs you need from just a Resto Shaman alone, and flesh out everything else around what you have and don't have. It's not the fact that our buffs are shared, but we have no choice, nothing to spec into to bring along, nothing to offer that isn't already there.

A Restoration Druid. 1 buff, Mark of the Wild, now shared with Blessing of Kings. Healing Priest (Discipline or Holy). 1 buff, Power Word: Fortitude, now shared with Blood Pact and Commanding Shout.

Compare it to:
    Blessing of Might-1/Abomination's Might/Unleashed Rage/Trueshot Aura
    Blessing of Might-2/Fel Intelligence/Mana Spring Totem
    Blessing of Kings/Mark of the Wild
    Judgement (yay unique health restore)
    Devotion Aura/Stoneskin Totem
    Concentration Aura/Totem of Tranquil Mind

-or-

Flametongue Totem/Wrathful totems/Demonic Pact
    Wrath of Air totem/Shadowform/Moonkin
    Windfury Totem/Improved Icy Talons/Swift Retribution/Hunting Party
    Mana Spring Totem/Blessing of Might/Fel Intelligence
    Strength of Earth Totem/Horn of Winter/Battle Shout
    Stoneskin Totem/Devotion Aura
    Healing Stream Totem (unique, yay)
    -and now-
    Totem of Tranquil Mind/Concentration Aura

Sure, a Shaman's utility is definitely not "all at once" but a shaman is so top heavy they never have to worry about it. If there's a Destruction Warlock already in your group, and you had a choice between Holy Priest or Resto Shaman, even without bloodlust, any group can pick the Shaman just because you're guaranteed more "stuff" that goes along with it.

This isn't "bring the player" this is "bring whatever raid buffs you can squeeze into a 10 man, now that Blizz is forcing it down everyone's throats".

Please by all means, take most of our stupid buffs.

And give us your Pain Suppression, your Dispersion, your Shields that actually scale!

We got a fkn MAJOR GLYPHED shield, on a longish cooldown, that last for less seconds, absorbs less, is a static absorb, and consumes any other Earth Totem (Tremor, earthbind, SoE) we have!
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

geez, why the hell do they give us more baseline buffs in form of totems? WHY?! GC pretty much said that thanks to having so many buffs, we are shafted when we have to switch to utility totems, yet they add more totems?

Seriously, they can take half of the totems and shove them somewhere, we dont want more totems and being punished, we want less and brought on par with other classes...

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    geez, why the hell do they give us more baseline buffs in form of totems? WHY?! GC pretty much said that thanks to having so many buffs, we are shafted when we have to switch to utility totems, yet they add more totems?

Seriously, they can take half of the totems and shove them somewhere, we dont want more totems and being punished, we want less and brought on par with other classes...
    This.

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    L2P your class, resto shaman got a even better version of Ispiration for a long time.

Boring like your number 3927842347824th thread about totems?
    You don't have a clue at all. I'm not wasting any time nor energy on you.

I believe that only reason we got Conc Aurat is our dependability on heals with cast time. We don't have instant cast heals that can actually keep someone up, unlike druids and priests.

Still new water totem that overwrites Mana Spring is stupid

thats the main bit I dont understand, why make it water? why not combine it with flametongue or something <shrugs>
    Raining Pandarens because of the bouncy racial?
    Quote Originally Posted by rokatoro View Post
    Some Might say it was... (•_•).....( •_•)>⌐■-■....(⌐■_■) A heavy Rain.
    I'm so sorry ;_;

You don't have a clue at all. I'm not wasting any time nor energy on you.
    You already did.

I believe that only reason we got Conc Aurat is our dependability on heals with cast time. We don't have instant cast heals that can actually keep someone up, unlike druids and priests.
    Considering how far Heal/Nourish is being pushed down our throats? Most Priests by now already use Prayer of Healing (3 second cast time before haste, go!), and they want all healers to be using less smart-healing and more actually target one to heal them (Blanket HoTs won't be sustainable).

Your argument based on current raid context is invalid. That's like saying "omg shamans earth shield is instant and so is riptide!"

You've forgotten about Shadow Resistance and Inspiration. That's 200% more buffs than you suggested, pretty hefty.
    Inspiration still apparently isn't triggered by Empowered Renew/Divine Touch (whatever they're calling it), but still doesn't change the fact that Restoration Druids have Mark/Blessing of (the) Wild/Kings, and that's it.

You can't call Shadow Resistance a buff, just like Totem of Elemental Resistance isn't a buff. Every fight can use Windfury. How many can use Tremor Totem? How many can use Nature Resistance? It's not a buff, just a tool.

Still new water totem that overwrites Mana Spring is stupid
    I'd gladly take it from you.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

I don't like it. For the same reason SoE and WF was given to DK's.
    I registered on MMO-Champion and all I got was this lousy signature.

I'm a cynic. Deal with it!

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    You already did.
    I barely stated that i won't comment his post further :]

Considering how far Heal/Nourish is being pushed down our throats? Most Priests by now already use Prayer of Healing (3 second cast time before haste, go!), and they want all healers to be using less smart-healing and more actually target one to heal them (Blanket HoTs won't be sustainable).
    This whole paragraph is simply not true. While druids will be casting a lot more of Nourish/Regrowth/HT they still can and will depend on Rejuv/WG. This isn't my assumption, this was picked up in recent Resto Druid thread. GC said that 3x Rejuv is more or less equal to our one CH (it's not what he said word to word, but he compared situation in which those two spells would be used, and those situation were almost identical). WG costs a lot of mana, so in situation where 3 people need healing you won't use it, you will use Rejuv. I don't know why people think that HoT's will be obsolete. Druid's mastery includes HoT's and nothing else.

Your comment about PoH is also silly. Last time i checked priests didn't have 60% of healing done with PoH. Besides you still have PoM and CoH and instant shields (depending on shields). Please don't try to be a smartass and if anything, compare spells that ARE comparable. I was talking about ability to heal without 'cast time', and you responded with 'but priests also have to cast' which is not a point. Obviously every class has spells with actual cast time. But when it comes to healing w/o 'cast time' paladins and shamans are YEARS behind druids and priests.

Your argument based on current raid context is invalid. That's like saying "omg shamans earth shield is instant and so is riptide!"
    I'm not talking about current raiding. Im talking about Cata. If i were talking about current situation i'd add Tree of Life aura and Thorns to druid's buff list, and 3% damage reduction for Disc Priest. You can't heal with Earth Shield and Riptide alone, you can with PoM, CoH and Renew though. Shaman will get new spell but it has cast time.

Inspiration still apparently isn't triggered by Empowered Renew/Divine Touch (whatever they're calling it), but still doesn't change the fact that Restoration Druids have Mark/Blessing of (the) Wild/Kings, and that's it.
    Fact that Empowered Renew/Divine Touch won't proc Inspiration doesn't matter. You have this buff, and you didn't list it, which shows you either don't have a clue (don't think so) or you're biased. My Healing Stream Totem and Earthliving does't proc Inspiration Either. Druid lost one buff that much is true, i pity for him i was playing a druid for a year myself. But a druid has a major debuff (Fearie Fire), Enrage dispell of all kinds (Soothe) and still has battle ress. Those are utility more than buffs, but it's not like druid doesn't have ANYTHING at all, he just has different type of things.

You can't call Shadow Resistance a buff, just like Totem of Elemental Resistance isn't a buff. Every fight can use Windfury. How many can use Tremor Totem? How many can use Nature Resistance? It's not a buff, just a tool.
    I can't bring up Shadow Resistance, yet you can list up Healing Stream Totem? That's unfair don't you think? Not to mention you listed buffs that exclude themselves, and can't be sustained at the same time.

I'd gladly take it from you.
    Here i could write 'ok if you'll give me YYY ability'. But i won't. Cause i don't want any abilities from other classes. I'd love some new an original just for Resto (like Spirit Link). I realize this is just a game and we're here to cooperate. Obviously everyone want's to be THE BEST, that's human nature, but not to such extreme. I'd like priest to be the recipent of this 'new' buff, but for now they aren't, which on means shaman will have it worse. We can't have MP5 totem and Conc totem. And it's also possible that we won't be using Healing Stream Totem at all, despite spending two talent points to make it better (which is mandatory). As a priest you cast your things and don't care. As a shaman i have to loose something to gain something else, and this part i think is hardest to understand for other classes.
    Last edited by Instant; 2010-08-16 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Minor bugs.

Deleted

I'm not talking about current raiding. Im talking about Cata. If i were talking about current situation i'd add Tree of Life aura and Thorns to druid's buff list, and 3% damage reduction for Disc Priest. You can't heal with Earth Shield and Riptide alone, you can with PoM, CoH and Renew though. Shaman will get new spell but it has cast time.
    You get unleash elements that heal AND buff your next heal by 20%, you also get a talent that buffs your healing by 15% on earth shielded target. If you can't use them, don't blame the devs.

Obviously every class has spells with actual cast time. But when it comes to healing w/o 'cast time' paladins and shamans are YEARS behind druids and priests.
    oh rly? you know paladin got holy shock, word of glory, healing hands, light of dawn, insta-holy light with infusion of light?

Fact that Empowered Renew/Divine Touch won't proc Inspiration doesn't matter. You have this buff, and you didn't list it, which shows you either don't have a clue (don't think so) or you're biased. My Healing Stream Totem and Earthliving does't proc Inspiration Either. Druid lost one buff that much is true, i pity for him i was playing a druid for a year myself. But a druid has a major debuff (Fearie Fire), Enrage dispell of all kinds (Soothe) and still has battle ress. Those are utility more than buffs, but it's not like druid doesn't have ANYTHING at all, he just has different type of things.
    So we should count your utilties as well, such as tremor, grounding, elemental resistence, bind elemental, self rez, hex, earthbind, wind shear etc

As a priest you cas't your things and don't care.
    As a priest i can cast Fortitude. Stop. NOTHING MORE.
    You can sustain at least 4 buffs with totems.
    Last i checked 4>1.
    Last edited by mmoc67e7f8beac; 2010-08-16 at 01:55 PM.

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    You almost mitigated 'cluelessness' from previous post.

Yes, you're mathematical genius since you discovered that 4>1.

Yes i didn't mention Unleshed Elements, because i forgot about it (not that i changes anything in our discussion, it only proves that im a human).

No i didn't include talents at all, i can though if you wish.

Yes you should include 'utility', if you won't i'll start to moan why others have so many debuffs on boss, or self buffs, when i don't have any.

It's easy to compare selected things, what you need to do though is taking a look at bigger picture.

Funniest thing of all is that i THINK we shouldn't get this buff, but for different reasons. I wish for better balance to my class, you just want 'cool things', because 'you should' get it.

Instead of making it a water totem how about it be a passive aura we give off when all 4 totems are down?

That would make want to use my totems and not force me to give up mana or healing stream totem.