Thread: Nelf Mages

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Nelf Mages

They've told us that one of the new class/race combinations are Night elf mages.
    Anyone got more information? Screenshots?

Anything would be appreciated

A mage tempted to race change :>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by U1z View Post
    They've told us that one of the new class/race combinations are Night elf mages.
    Anyone got more information? Screenshots?

Anything would be appreciated

A mage tempted to race change :>
    Okay order the first:

Your probably better off asking about this in the Cataclysm general discussion if what your after is Lore and Screens.

Order the second:

Ancient of Arcane!

Order the third:

Goblin powah!

wait, didnt the night elves ban the use of arcane/demon magic? maybe its just demon magic they dislike but night elf mages just seem....wrong IMO.
    "They will come for us now, all of them" "Let them come, Frostmourne The Banshee Queen hungers."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrizar View Post
    wait, didnt the night elves ban the use of arcane/demon magic? maybe its just demon magic they dislike but night elf mages just seem....wrong IMO.
    Malfurion and Tyrande forbade the use of Arcane magic by an Kal'dorei, however the Highborne Kal'dorei (mighty mages see War of the Ancients) left Kal'dorei society and continued thier studies at Eldra'thelas (dire maul). Todays Night Elf mages are these Highborne.
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Highborne

and here's a small quest that provides a bit of insight into night elf mages and the Highborne's return
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Quest:A_Cautious_Return
    The greatest question of all time: If you encountered a big red button with a sign that says DO NOT PUSH THIS BUTTON....would you press it? i sure as hell would...who could resist a button like that? No one thats who...and if they say they wouldnt...theyre dirty liars and you should slap them with a pickle.

Quote Originally Posted by YTOfficer01 View Post
    Malfurion and Tyrande forbade the use of Arcane magic by an Kal'dorei, however the Highborne Kal'dorei (mighty mages see War of the Ancients) left Kal'dorei society and continued thier studies at Eldra'thelas (dire maul). Todays Night Elf mages are these Highborne.
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Highborne
    okay, so all of the highborne that werent turned into naga, a few highborn went to dire maul to hide and the rest went to rebuild the original night elven cities but soon got exiled. so they became the high elves and in time they became the Blood Elves. The lost highborne that were in dire maul left and returned to the night elves and those are the night elves mages we see today?

I mostly play horde but interested in both sides of lore, so that is why i ask.
    Last edited by Headayke; 2010-08-17 at 09:20 AM. Reason: spelling
    "They will come for us now, all of them" "Let them come, Frostmourne The Banshee Queen hungers."

okay, so all of the highborne that werent turned into naga, a few highborn went to dire maul to hide and the rest went to rebuild the original night elven cities but soon got exiled. so they became the high elves and in time they became the Blood Elves. The lost highborne that were in dire maul left and returned to the night elves and those are the night elves mages we see today?

I think the Night Elves that got exiled evolved into High Elves because of their exposure to the Sunwell.

High Elves didn't "in time" become Blood Elves, they are still the same race. The Blood Elves just gave into their hunger for magic and absorbed demon magic, while the High Elves fought through their withdrawals and overcame their addictions.

But yes, the remaining Highborne that were servants of Xavious and Azshara that did NOT make their way to the Sunwell are now returning to Kaldorei society, and these are the Night Elf Mages that are playable in Cataclysm.

They only quit using it to avoid the attention of evil demons.
    Now they are using it to prevent the end of the world by killing many of those same demons.

Isn't it to dangerous for an elf to be a mage??? ... they will burn there face off. (hint druid casting)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrix View Post
    I think the Night Elves that got exiled evolved into High Elves because of their exposure to the Sunwell.

High Elves didn't "in time" become Blood Elves, they are still the same race. The Blood Elves just gave into their hunger for magic and absorbed demon magic, while the High Elves fought through their withdrawals and overcame their addictions.

But yes, the remaining Highborne that were servants of Xavious and Azshara that did NOT make their way to the Sunwell are now returning to Kaldorei society, and these are the Night Elf Mages that are playable in Cataclysm.
    Always remeber, the Blood elves "evolved" from High Elves, like how high elves and Kaldorei share the same root, so do HE and BE, BE differ physically and phisiologically from HE which means you can classify them as a divergent species.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YTOfficer01 View Post
    Always remeber, the Blood elves "evolved" from High Elves, like how high elves and Kaldorei share the same root, so do HE and BE, BE differ physically and phisiologically from HE which means you can classify them as a divergent species.
    They didnt evolve, they changed their name and how they feed their magic addiction. And the Night Elfs was created long before the high elfs.

Actually in the original society MAgic was a everyday part of every elves lives here is what happened in correct order
    #1 Highborn (most prestigious magic users of all elves)are driven by the demon sargaras to summon him into azeroth
    #2 some highborn were not controlled and simply doing what their highborn queen requested
    #3 the war game and went
    #4 The highborn split into 2 groups at this point
    * Naga (deformed and evil these are the ones who were corrupted by sargaras)
    * Remaining highborn went into exile some of which went insane.

#5 some of the remaining highborn build Silvermoon city (they are not all highborn but they were all elves who were to addicted to overcome magic.
    #6 The remaining KAldori (the Druidic Nightelves) join the alliance
    #7 the highborn in silvermoon eventually fed on Fel magic and as such are looked down upon by the other highborn because messing with known demonic energies is considered taboo even by them.

#8 The highborn in silvermoon change their names to bloodelves or Sin'dori and join the horde

The highborn outside of silvermoon retain there old name of Quel'dori
    Last edited by skrump; 2010-08-17 at 09:48 AM.

moonfire n starfire are arcane mirite?

Quote Originally Posted by XepNes View Post
    They didnt evolve, they changed their name and how they feed their magic addiction. And the Night Elfs was created long before the high elfs.
    ^ This.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Blood_elves

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by XepNes View Post
    No, they have evolved they originally changed thier name but thier culture and use of magic has created a new evolved race of the 'dorei' genus. Blood elves are noted as having several features that differeniate them from High elves.

- Ruddier Paler skin
    - Eye that glow green with demonic fire
    - Darker Hair
    - "stouter" than thier High elven brethren, they are much more broadly built with a sturdier frame
    - Sharper features.

Now the evoloution is only in it's early days and it will be a while before they are as different to the HE as the He are to the NE. But it is occuring and what was originally only cultural differences have become biological ones.

Deleted
    No matter how you look at it with regards to the Highborne hiding out, I still think the lore behind the allowance of Nelf mages was a cop out and a way to excuse them adding an interesting class to the night elves.
    Why they didn't give them shammy or something I'll never understand. Surely they knew that mages were going to ruffle a few feathers. I just don't get the whole "No magic, ever, we'll kill you if you use it, unless you're my brother then you get to go underground for 10,000 years" changing to "Well we had a nice little chat with those fellows who helped make the planet explode and now we're letting them move in with us"

Meh, it's morning, I know it doesn't make sense, just verbal vomit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malgarroth View Post
    No matter how you look at it with regards to the Highborne hiding out, I still think the lore behind the allowance of Nelf mages was a cop out and a way to excuse them adding an interesting class to the night elves.
    Why they didn't give them shammy or something I'll never understand. Surely they knew that mages were going to ruffle a few feathers. I just don't get the whole "No magic, ever, we'll kill you if you use it, unless you're my brother then you get to go underground for 10,000 years" changing to "Well we had a nice little chat with those fellows who helped make the planet explode and now we're letting them move in with us"

Meh, it's morning, I know it doesn't make sense, just verbal vomit.
    Paladin would of been better. Templars of Elune *sagenod*

http://www.wow.com/2010/05/04/know-y...ven-evolution/

If you care about elven "evolution".
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

Night Elves - The Night Elves who were of the lower caste pre-sundering and who weren't arcane users (there are very few exceptions to this, one being Illidan) and became the leading power of their society afterwards, they were granted druidic powers by Ysera, and mainly populate the forests of Ashenvale, Hyjal, Darkshore and Teldrassil. Examples are Malfurion Stormrage, Maiev Shadowsong, and Tyrande Whisperwind. They have purple skin, elongated ears, amber or silver eyes, and are tall and muscled.

Highborne Night Elves - These are the highborne who served Azshara before the Sundering, and who survived it without turning into Naga. They used arcane magic, and were banished some 3000 years after the Sundering for reckless use of their power. Most fled across the sea to distant lands, but some took refuge in the ruins of their cities in southern Kalimdor, and now offer their aid to their former bretheren. Examples are Mordent Evenshade and Prince Tortheldrin. They have purple skin, enlongated ears, amber or silver eyes, and are tall and slightly less muscled then the Night Elves

Highborne High Elves - These are the Highborne who sailed across the sea to discover Quel'thalas. Led by Dath'remar Sunstrider, they were banished from Kalimdor and made a new home in northern Lordaeron. They built Silvermoon City, and discovered the Sunwell. Arthas' attack on the city decimated their numbers, and their source of arcane power diminished. The survivors fought with the Alliance remnant in Lordaeron against the undead. Some remained with the Alliance and are there to this day. Examples are Vereesa Windrunner and Champion Isimode. They have pinkish skin, shorter ears than Night Elves, long eyebrows, blue eyes and are average height and quite lean and agile.

Highborne Blood Elves - These elves are the ones who turned to demonic magic to sate their lust for magic. They joined the horde, and are more sinister and inclined to fire and fel magic more than their High Elven counterparts. Examples include Kael'thas Sunstrider, Aethas Sunreaver and Lor'themar Theron. They have pinkish skin, shorter ears than Night Elves, long eyebrows, green eyes and are average height and quite lean and agile. Fel magic gave them darker skin, more striking coloured hair and a haughty, crack addicted look.

Satyr - The Night Elves and High Elves who sided with the Legion during the War of the Ancients. Examples are Lord Xavius and Zenn Foulhoof. They are like hairy night elves with hooves, horns and fur.

Naga - The Highborne who were blasted beneath the surface during the Sundering and were transformed into the serpentine people by an Old God. Examples are Queen Azshara and Lady Vashj. They look like big snakes that stand upright with muscled scaly arms and head.

I don't give a rats ass about Lore but I do know that Night Elves are suppose to be mages come the expansion. I patiently await this as I hope to make my gnome mage, a night elf mage once we can race change.

However, that does depend on what racial changes come to each race before I make that change.