Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Nightelf Mages in Cata?!

I don't know if this is old or not but...

Nightelf mages in Cata?! wait, what o.O ... didn't they outlaw the practice of arcane when adopting druidism, and didn't all users of arcane magic be punished by DEATH, and didn't the elves known to use arcane magic be exiled?! (Of course this is how Qual'thalas and the Highelves came about)... There is also a lot of crap that happened to nightelves because of arcane magic, no matter the lore reason i don't think they would adopt it...

Mistake me if I'm wrong... or tell me to stfu if this has been posted before ;D

EDIT: Sorry, i know now... I've only been reading into cata this last week after an extremely long absence from the Lore -.-
    Last edited by Sweepstakes; 2010-08-20 at 05:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweepstakes View Post

Nightelf mages in Cata?! wait, what o.O ... didn't they outlaw the practice of arcane when adopting druidism, and didn't all users of arcane magic be punished by DEATH, and didn't the elves known to use arcane magic be exiled?! (Of course this is hoiw Qual'thalas and the Highelves came about)... There is also a lot of crap that happened to nightelves because of arcane magic, no matter the lore reason i don't think they would adopt it...

Theres a quest in Dalaran on live that explains it, The nelfs from DM know somethings going down and they want no longer want to be isolated so they are trying to rejoin the Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Shendralar, who left night elf society after the War of the Ancients, are attempting to return. You can see the prologue to that in the Temple of the Moon on live.

10+ Year Old Account
    the nightelfs they banished when they made the new laws u stated are being brought back with the laws now abolished

Yeah, basically look into Dire Maul

*sighs again at the increasing number of threads similar to this*

Just go to Dalaran, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

Nightelf mages in Cata?! wait, what o.O ... didn't they outlaw the practice of arcane when adopting druidism, and didn't all users of arcane magic be punished by DEATH, and didn't the elves known to use arcane magic be exiled?! (Of course this is how Qual'thalas and the Highelves came about)... There is also a lot of crap that happened to nightelves because of arcane magic, no matter the lore reason i don't think they would adopt it...

You must be realy late , they already announced this at blizzcon nearly a year ago...

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahhh, ok... thanks

I'm gonna look into this quest once i buy wow time for the first time in months -.-
    Last edited by Sweepstakes; 2010-08-20 at 05:16 AM.

Haha, yeah. Short, yet explains a lot.
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

Just like the Tauren have the quest explaining how Tauren Paladins will come along, also is a quest explaining how Night Elf Mages come to be.
    "They will come for us now, all of them" "Let them come, Frostmourne The Banshee Queen hungers."

The only sad thing is whereas the Tauren Priests and Paladins are a society that could easily be readily accepted we never really get to see Tyrande or the Night Elven people as a whole's reaction to the mages and their intention to join them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow121292 View Post
    The only sad thing is whereas the Tauren Priests and Paladins are a society that could easily be readily accepted we never really get to see Tyrande or the Night Elven people as a whole's reaction to the mages and their intention to join them.
    Yeah, mages seem to just slip in there unnoticed with no conflict or anything -.- meh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garots View Post
    *sighs again at the increasing number of threads similar to this*

Just go to Dalaran, please.

*sighs*

welcome to like a year ago?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eltrollo View Post
    *sighs*

welcome to like a year ago?
    Haha, well that is almost the length of time in which i stopped WoW and dropped it's lore :/ MUST... CATCH... UP! i have along day ahead of me...

Yes they can become mages. No clue would make one, NE have the most hideous casting animations in the game. And 78% of being a mage is spamming spells.

Simply put, nothing lasts forever. They did outlaw the use of that type of magic...10,000 years ago. Times change, people change...stuff just changes. Nothing stays the same for all eternity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha, well that is almost the length of time in which i stopped WoW and dropped it's lore :/ MUST... CATCH... UP! i have along day ahead of me...
    u mean lore decided to progress instead of have a closed book

They are reading up, enough cornering them, Eltrollo.
    Best of 5 years!

10+ Year Old Account
    Basically :/ i quit because the lore got boring & slow... now that cata is close it's becoming more exciting & seems to have progressed quiet a bit...

Basically :/ i quit because the lore got boring & slow... now that cata is close it's becoming more exciting & seems to have progressed quiet a bit...
    Yeah, it is very non-static, and it will make me begin to play again as well! ^^
    Best of 5 years!