Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Warriors in Cataclysm

iI haven't played WoW in about 15 monthes, but i'm probably coming back to it before cataclysm. My favorite class was always warrior, and they started to suck really bad so i was seeing if they are going to get any better. pvp and tank wise. k thxs

15+ Year Old Account
    Im not sure if this is a troll or what, but "they started to suck"? What game were you playing? Everyone know the suck factor is inversely proportional to the time an expansion has been out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your point is?

15+ Year Old Account
    I think he was wondering if we are going to get better. Reading comprehension helps I suppose.

10+ Year Old Account
    If by better you mean.

Rage normalised so as not to be Unbearably bad at the start of an expansion
    Rage normalised so as not to be slightly OP in BIS end of expansion gear
    ARP removed from gear so that we use the same gear as the other plate wearers.
    Heroic strike Becoming an off GCD instant that we can use properly now without losing our autoswing.

then yes warriors are becoming a "better, more balanced class" in cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by ProLikeJesus View Post
    iI haven't played WoW in about 15 monthes, but i'm probably coming back to it before cataclysm. My favorite class was always warrior, and they started to suck really bad so i was seeing if they are going to get any better. pvp and tank wise. k thxs
    lol at a troll post... knowing that warriors are topping dps meters in almost every raid as long as the warrior knows what he's doing...

Ok, I'm pretty sure he was refering to solo pvp and it's true, warriors suck at solo pvp unless wearing at least relentless, 50% arp and 325 dps weapon. Anyone claiming otherwise, is a scrub in 0 resilience whining a warrior touched his privates with his shadowmourne in a duel.

On topic, the new pvp warrior stuff looks very promising for cata. They get several new abilities that should help a lot with solo pvp.

Not to mention the reduction of mortal strike debuff to 20% just like all other classes. This may seem like a nerf but if you think about it, warriors have always been plagued by the mortal strike debuff and how the devs balanced warriors around it, leading the class to rock in arena with a healer but to suck balls while alone. The reduction of the mortal strike debuff looks like a sign the devs will do more for the warrior in the solo pvp department.

I wouldn't throw the towel in just yet. If the warrior changes make them as good at pvp as any run of the mill dk, rogue, warlock etc...I'll definitely reroll warrior for cata.

u guys have to admit that warriors were doing pretty bad, i think. But like i said i haven't played in a long time, but i've been watching my friends play so ya.

good to see there working on uping the self healing factor.

im waiting for a new computer because this one is terrible and can restart like every 10 minutes for no reason and/or freeze

---------- Post added 2010-08-21 at 03:29 PM ----------

oh and someone tell me real fast if warriors are going to be one of the best tanks again

u guys have to admit that warriors were doing pretty bad, i think. But like i said i haven't played in a long time, but i've been watching my friends play so ya.
    The ONLY time warriors were bad this expansion was arms in S5 and Fury at the beggining of Ulduar. Thats it.

ok thats about the time i stopped not to long after Ulduar, so they did get alot better, thats what your saying?

im waiting for a new computer because this one is terrible and can restart like every 10 minutes for no reason and/or freeze

---------- Post added 2010-08-21 at 03:29 PM ----------

oh and someone tell me real fast if warriors are going to be one of the best tanks again
    Can't say that but the other tanks ARE getting nerfed.

It's a pretty common Blizzard tactic: when something is in need to buffs, they don't buff it but rather make everything else even worse than it.

ok thats about the time i stopped not to long after Ulduar, so they did get alot better, thats what your saying?
    All tanks are going to be equal in Cataclysm ..

And warrior is rocking right now, especially Fury dps. They are topping meters everywhere. And I'm perfectly sure they will be on par with all the other classes in Cataclysm too.
    Quote Originally Posted by HoX
    trust me druin=PWN is ptw durid not durin but np its no sorry 8) .but is good ask if you can no know so yeah good to you but ask if you no know 8) but trust me i have playin long so DRUID IS BEST=3 form beat all i mean explmame=stealh cat like rogue(pwn9 8) then BOOM big bear big heelth so its moar armor than cat and then just tree?=no tree god like cenarius but give you more heelth=pwn then you go owl and stars do magic to you 8)

Quote Originally Posted by Aciied View Post
    All tanks are going to be equal in Cataclysm ..

And warrior is rocking right now, especially Fury dps. They are topping meters everywhere. And I'm perfectly sure they will be on par with all the other classes in Cataclysm too.
    ok im probably going to be rolling Warrior again if it's like u guys are saying. What about pvp, are they going to be pwnage? lol

Quote Originally Posted by wanax View Post
    The ONLY time warriors were bad this expansion was arms in S5 and Fury at the beggining of Ulduar. Thats it.
    Not sure if I'd even go as far as to say Fury was "bad" seeing as how at the end of Naxx Fury warriors were rippin' stuff up & thanks to the self-heal and AoE damage from WW they were the dps used in the first OS-zergs. (With a DK tank, a single healer and a single hunter to kite off the enraged drakes.)

ok ya im rolling warrior then most likely

15+ Year Old Account
    pvp is still a toss up considering the spread of MS and such, but arms had a lot of utility added in beta so it will be interesting to play.

This guy obviously hasn't heard of a Fury Warrior wielding a Shadowmourne.

I feel bad.