Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll View Post
    more than likely he'll either get reskined by blizz or just become tamable. regardless, a niffty trick.
    Well, you never know. They might just remove the glitch eventually, but let us keep our wolves, like they did with the spirit wolves from the Bloodhoof village questline.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbooger View Post
    I can't figure out how to do this with this new patch... can anyone give me some tips.. I helped someone else get it a while ago which is why I found it out.. I've tried the 8 secs on trap and I'm trying it with no trap as ZH66 said... how did you do it without a trap? haha

Just begin your tame EXACTLY when he begins to eat... maby a quarter of a second earlier.

Edit* Why can't new people on this forum post links/images.. Pretty lame tbh... =)
    Last edited by mmoc8b1a3c12d7; 2010-10-15 at 07:37 PM.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZH666 View Post
    Edit* Why can't new people on this forum post links/images.. Pretty lame tbh... =)
    we can. see previous replies a few ppl have SS of them with the wolfs

Quote Originally Posted by ZH666 View Post
    Just begin your tame EXACTLY when he begins to eat... maby a quarter of a second earlier.

Because I just signed up to the forums and I have to post a couple times to do so. :P

I just got him today. Forget the freezing trap, once you throw the meat at him he will run towards you, stop in front of you, sniff the ground, howl, poop, then run a short distance away and despawn. This is more than enough time to tame him and it gives you better visual queues as to when he will despawn. With my 198 haste the perfect timing was RIGHT before he sniffed the ground. Issues: his picture and name do not appear on the call pet button, so make sure he is there. I did not realize i had succeeded until i tried to tame another one and it told me i already had a pet. I'm afraid to stable him or dismiss him so as to not lose him, someone more ballsy than me can try out what works and what doesn't.

---------- Post added 2010-10-16 at 02:27 PM ----------

Dying made his name/picture appear on the call pet button. Didn't remove the oil.

After trying a LOT, I started tame with around 160 haste right before he sniffed. Tried to tame again but said I had a pet. Had to kill myself and then he was there. Thanks a ton Z and everyone else!

Nice guide! I'll try get one while some ally is doing the quest =p

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Me and a buddy got him the last days. The way we did it:

Icetrap between me and the wolf. Throw meat. When he is trapped I run into melee range. Wolf despawns nearly always at 4 sec remaining on the trap... quite easy to time the tame.

well looks like i'll need to notify blizz of this bug so you cant have it.

im pretty sure blizz already knows, and im mostly sure they don't see it as a priority. garwal was a different story since thats pretty far outside the spectrum of possibility as a pet compared to the other glitch/rares (i.e. ooze)

15+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb

Just did it with my Hunter.

1. Walk towards one of those Wolfes so he can start beating the crap out of you
    2. If he's humping you just throw him the meat and the moment you've thrown it ( or maybe 1sec later depending on LAG so work it out ) start the Taming.

THIS way I got him on my first try unlike with the Video which I wasted almost an hour for. ( Thanks for the effort anyway! )

P.S.: There's a Visualization BUG with the PetIcon so you might have to relog If you think you got him but can't see him in your PetTab.

Just got this guy! Didn't use the trap at all, just threw the meat and once he bent to sniff the ground is when I started the tame.

Did it about 10 times, and then the last time he despawned but there was no pet wolf icon to call out of my active stable from the Call Pet button. So I tried to tame another, but I got an error saying I already had an active pet. I could call and dismiss any of my other 3 active pets, but there was no wolf icon there, and I still couldn't use Tame Beast on anything else.

I thought it was some sort of weird glitch or something, so I went to a stable master to view my active stable in the window. It said I had a wolf there, and it showed a gray wolf in the preview. Then went back to my Call Pet button, and this time it showed a wolf icon there, and when I summoned it, it was the oil stained wolf!

So if you're not seeing the wolf in your active stable in order to abandon and try again, and it won't let you use Tame Beast on anything else, go to a stable master and see if its there Good luck!

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I finally got him. I did it like this: Put a trap between me and him, throw the meat. When he got frozen, I walk into melee range. At about 4 secs left on the trap, he despawns (tested it a couple of times). For my lvl 70 hunter it took about 9.4 secs to tame, so I started at 14 secs left. after a couple of tries it worked.

Note: when it worked, you don't see him in your pets list, cannot call any pet, and cannot tame another one (most of the times). Buddy of mine repeated it afterwards, and he got 2, but after the second one he couldn't tame anymore, although the stable didn't show. Needed to relog to see the pet.

Updated the vid as of 4.0.1

WoW Vlogs and Cooking Videos on YouTube. Click Below!
    http://www.youtube.com/Zeilla8

Loves ya Z
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a horde in Dragonmaw and my process was actually more random. I was waiting around in Borean Tundra for the Tripping the Rifts achievement when I decided to ask general chat if anyone had an alliance toon or an alliance friend. after one minute someone responded and offered to help out I got lucky. some random person willing to help out without offer of any gold lol. Went on vent with him, found out he was high as hell, that might have been it. Says he was bored haha. Anywho, he still had to do the quests and when he finally got to Lupus Pupus I headed to the wolf areas. This whole timing thing was starting to get really frustrating but I never gave up. I could even hear it in the guy's voice whenever he'd say, "ok, throwing" I felt kinda bad that I kept screwing up. Finally after what seemed to be a failed tamed, I looked in my active four pets and didn't see the wolf in there. I only had three pets in there. And I couldn't tame any other wolf for some reason. So I decided to fly to the nearest camp to see what the deal was and fair enough, the wolf automatically went to my stable...weird. Called him and he had his oily effect, yay!!! I was so happy. I shouted in vent haha.

Anyways good luck to all the hunters and especially to the Horde just because its alittle harder to obtain.

---------- Post added 2010-11-03 at 02:36 PM ----------

oh and I named him Noarenas lol, pretty much as a reminder to never bring him into arenas ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Minnymich View Post
    I'm a horde in Dragonmaw and my process was actually more random. I was waiting around in Borean Tundra for the Tripping the Rifts achievement when I decided to ask general chat if anyone had an alliance toon or an alliance friend. after one minute someone responded and offered to help out I got lucky. some random person willing to help out without offer of any gold lol. Went on vent with him, found out he was high as hell, that might have been it. Says he was bored haha. Anywho, he still had to do the quests and when he finally got to Lupus Pupus I headed to the wolf areas. This whole timing thing was starting to get really frustrating but I never gave up. I could even hear it in the guy's voice whenever he'd say, "ok, throwing" I felt kinda bad that I kept screwing up. Finally after what seemed to be a failed tamed, I looked in my active four pets and didn't see the wolf in there. I only had three pets in there. And I couldn't tame any other wolf for some reason. So I decided to fly to the nearest camp to see what the deal was and fair enough, the wolf automatically went to my stable...weird. Called him and he had his oily effect, yay!!! I was so happy. I shouted in vent haha.

Anyways good luck to all the hunters and especially to the Horde just because its alittle harder to obtain.

---------- Post added 2010-11-03 at 02:36 PM ----------

oh and I named him Noarenas lol, pretty much as a reminder to never bring him into arenas ;p
    Haha, nice name. ^^ Gz on the tame and thanks for the post!

WoW Vlogs and Cooking Videos on YouTube. Click Below!
    http://www.youtube.com/Zeilla8

Just now I tried calling my oil wolf and he simply refuses to show up whether I'm in MM or BM spec, all other pets work fine but not him, anyone else got this same thing going on? I could call him just find on monday/tuesday
    <Clampy> "I remeber when i first started my character and i was leveling as protection wearing spirit gear and it took me about a year to go from 1-30. but i didnt care! because everything was new and exciting and I WAS A WARRIOR!"

Deleted

I got 2. :-)

I got my oily pet today. After spending 20min doing it wrong. I did some reading here and got not 1 but 2. I did not see it in my "Call pet" spell. So after some yelling and a lot of use of bad words. We tried again. New oily wolf and some failing I got the same meassage again. "-Damit I logg out and in again." And beholde I hade not 1 but 2 Oily pets. :-)

So after some Ulduar HC I took my GM's noob hunter and we got him 1 too. Thats took only 2 trys and he got 1.

Seize, nice one!
    I'll get it on my hunter 75! ^^