Quote Originally Posted by darKaiK View Post
    I use 3dStudio Max, tried Maya, but just didn't liked it.
    Do you import them into any other programs for digital sculpting like Mudbox, or is the detail on the model itself in Max? If it's in Max itself I can see why you did a quick render, it must be incredibly high poly count to get that type of smooth edge.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Do you import them into any other programs for digital sculpting like Mudbox, or is the detail on the model itself in Max? If it's in Max itself I can see why you did a quick render, it must be incredibly high poly count to get that type of smooth edge.
    It's Max all the way.
    (whisper)I'll tell you a secret, the surface on the models is really smooth, and doesn't have any bumps or what so ever, the details you see there are made by the diferent shades in the texture (wood texture let's put it that way), and putting that same wood texture as a map, for bump therefore giving it the look that what is darker is a depression in the material.

Also had to do a quick render because i was at work, and that is definitly, not work related xD

It's Max all the way.
    (whisper)I'll tell you a secret, the surface on the models is really smooth, and doesn't have any bumps or what so ever, the details you see there are made by the diferent shades in the texture (wood texture let's put it that way), and putting that same wood texture as a map, for bump therefore giving it the look that what is darker is a depression in the material.

Also had to do a quick render because i was at work, and that is definitly, not work related xD
    Ah, I figured that if it was quick you would be using bump and specular maps to give it the illusion of depth if you wanted to have it rendered in any reasonable amount of time. Looking around the edges of the model where you can usually see some of the "corners" textures can't cover up well, it looks incredibly smooth, which is why I thought it might have been worked on a bit in Mudbox. The wood grain specular map is beautiful by the way, it looks incredibly natural which can be tricky with reflections on more organic looking things. Much respect <3
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Currently working on a commission for a shadow priestess, and trying out a new style. I understand the forum has a no nudity policy, so hopefully my censorship is enough ^^. If not, feel free to remove it.

http://i.imgur.com/464ng.png

High five!

edit-

Just finished some monster-y art related to WoW:

One of my fav questlines in Wrath of the Lich King was the bit in Grizzly Hills where you track down and eventually fight Ursoc, one of the twin bear demigods, who has been reincarnated by his furbolg followers using the dark power of Yogg-Saron. They quickly discover that it is a bad idea to attempt to resurrect your demigod using the black blood of the Old God of Death.

I had the idea that some unscrupulous furbolg might also attempt to resurrect Ursoc's brother, Ursol, with disastrous results:

Bigger version here. Shur'nab, Yogg-Saron!
    Last edited by Golden Yak; 2012-04-09 at 08:19 AM.

Wink Maya is a good program

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by darKaiK
    High five!
    Pfff..
    Well I guess someone has to take side for Maya here so that's some work of mine made with it: :P
    Since I'm new and not allowed to link the pictures directly some links to my DA.

Night elf Sentinel:
    plehnard.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d3dit1j
    plehnard.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d327hp7

Self portrait of my formal character (don't play anymore)
    plehnard.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d40jsga

Starcraft Kerrigan fan art (slight nudity)
    plehnard.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4obl4h

Two more pieces of landscape art. They are admittedly, earlier works. My 2nd an 3rd coloured drawings ever made on photoshop, as opposed to the other ones which were along the lines of 5th and 6th.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowbane View Post

Thanks for my new desktop wallpapers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabtheshaman View Post
    Thanks for my new desktop wallpapers.
    You're very much welcome. I'm glad people actually think they're good

Some reallly awesome pictures here, keep it up wish I was reasonably talented at Art

Here's my latest work. I am trying to learn how to color my drawings in Photoshop so this was originally a drawing I did a couple years ago and is now my first real attempt at coloring.

Amazing art! Will probably use a couple for wallpapers. =D

Concept sketch for self-portrait with bear form.

My Candy kitty ^_^

Candy as a MLP (Her name used to be Aero lol)

Last edited by Candycat; 2012-04-17 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    Pfff..
    Well I guess someone has to take side for Maya here so that's some work of mine made with it: :P
    Since I'm new and not allowed to link the pictures directly some links to my DA.

Night elf Sentinel:
    http://plehnard.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d3dit1j
    http://plehnard.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d327hp7

Self portrait of my formal character (don't play anymore)
    http://plehnard.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d40jsga

Starcraft Kerrigan fan art (slight nudity)
    http://plehnard.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4obl4h
    Fixed the links for you, glad to see you around here with your art finally

Thank you very much Arnorei

I had been browsing all way thru this topic on an ipod touch 4g.. Fantastik mon, I aint no seen dis freakin hot ladies..

One slight problem: too few art from Splenda.. Her pics are literally awesome

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/i/20...ka-d4w4lsd.png

A WIP of my first ever commission... Noses, how I hate thee...

Ortheka in the past. The horns were cut down for purpose: to wear the hood. They they had been growing out really quickly anyway.

Aaand some silly Twilight's Hammer stuff XD They're just sitting there singing their vertion of "Lion sleeps tonight"