how do I choose the best realm?

I'm running out of character slots in my Realm, and I don't wanna go to a Low population server. I want a server that's not on the other side of the country either (im east).

edit: Alright I'm choosing between Exodar, Dalaran, Grizzly Hills, and Uldaman. I prefer EST time but those ones are nearby and have a good alliance population.
    Last edited by Dayle; 2010-09-14 at 05:22 PM.

Deleted
    Aren't they all hosted in the same place?

10+ Year Old Account
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

10+ Year Old Account
    Close your eyes and pick at random imo.

Why can't we just admit it? We won't stop until the blood is flowing.

no they're in 4 different locations I think, and the time zone the game has isn't always where it's at. Mine's EST time and it's certainly not in the East.

And I can't find any info on realm location from that site.
    Last edited by Dayle; 2010-09-11 at 11:54 AM.

You didn't use google did you? It certainly took you longer to get my reply than the 30 seconds I spent to find this:

http://www.wowwiki.com/US_realm_list_by_datacenter

Anyway, I recently rerolled on Mannoroth which is an EST PvP realm on the Chicago datacenter(it doesn't really matter to me since I'm in a whole other country), it is a high population realm with pretty even alliance:horde ratio(according to wow census), and it's been a nice realm so far.

There are sites for that but still I've always been thinking that the best realm is where your friends are.

Oh btw, I'm alliance. All PvP servers are usually 99% horde so I'd like to avoid that too, obviously avoiding Malgannis server. I wish there was a thing you could just type in your state or zip code to tell you your best servers.

Wait wtf they used to be in Boston? Oh come on I thought they've always been in New York!! Just when I got my new awesome internet connection the servers move away from me...

Alright I'm choosing between Exodar, Dalaran, Grizzly Hills, and Uldaman. I prefer EST time but those ones are nearby and have a good alliance population.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wowwiki has a page talking a little bit about the background of each realm, like interesting events or top guilds. You should check the ones you're considering joining.

It's hard to choose because my server is Chicago (I'll say I'm in Boston) and the server is 70% horde medium pop, and this other server is nearby in New York but 70% alliance I'll get the same ping.