Heya - So I just dinged 100 with my SPriest and needs a macro for my managing my dots.

I'm trying to make a 3-in-1 macro to:

1: /cast [mod:shift][@focus,exist,harm,nodead] Shadow Word: Pain;
    2: [nomod][target=mouseover,exists,harm,nodead] Shadow Word: Pain;
    3: if I don't have focus target nor a mouseover target SWP@target

I know all of this is possible somehow, i just can't stitch it together in a working condition. Would greatly appreciate if someone with the knowhow could stitch it together <3

Solved:

#showtooltip
    /cast [@focus, mod:shift, harm, exist, nodead] [@mouseover, harm, exist, nodead] [] Shadow Word: Pain

Works fucking amazing.
    Last edited by warptwist; 2015-08-05 at 06:16 AM.
    True wisdom is to look beyond your own opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by warptwist View Post
    Solved:

#showtooltip
    /cast [@focus, mod:shift, harm, exist, nodead] [@mouseover, harm, exist, nodead] [] Shadow Word: Pain

Works fucking amazing.
    Incidentally, you don't need both "harm" and "exist." Harm implies exist...it won't return true for harm if you don't have a focus or mouseover, respectively. Probably doesn't matter in this case, but could matter if you make this macro bigger and need room or use this logic in another, longer macro.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Deleted
    Hey!

I was wondering, is there any way to target the next numerical party member? So if you have party1 targetted, a press of a button will target party2, then party3 etc. And the same in reverse. Also if it could jump from party5 to party1, that would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotal View Post
    I was wondering, is there any way to target the next numerical party member? So if you have party1 targetted, a press of a button will target party2, then party3 etc. And the same in reverse. Also if it could jump from party5 to party1, that would be great.
    I don't believe there is, no, because of the way the protected unit functions and the environment they run in work. You might find some joy with a binding for "target friendly player" though.

Deleted
    why doesnt my macro work :<
    #showtooltip Riptide
    /cast [target=mouseover,exists] Riptide
    /cast Riptide

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riffelz View Post
    why doesnt my macro work :<
    #showtooltip Riptide
    /cast [target=mouseover,exists] Riptide
    /cast Riptide
    Because in the case that you do have a mouseover, it would try to cast Riptide twice in the same GCD. Try this:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,help][] Riptide

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    Because in the case that you do have a mouseover, it would try to cast Riptide twice in the same GCD. Try this:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,help][] Riptide
    thanks, its weird cuz i have made all my other macros like that and they work, for example healing wave, healing surge and earth shield

Deleted
    I have trouble getting my Druid travel-form/mount macro to work.
    Basicly what i want is if i hit that button and am indoors or in combat to turn me into cat form (I'm in tank-spec).
    If I'm Outdoors and can't fly just summon one of my favorite mounts.
    If i can fly use travel form (Note: in guardian spec travel Form = Flight+Travel form were as Feral has them seperated for what ever reason)
    If nothing of that applies just put me in Travel Form (so swimming/running what ever)
    so far i have this:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cancelform [nocombat]
    /cast [indoors,combat] Cat Form
    /cast [flyable] Travel Form
    /click [outdoors]  MountJournalSummonRandomFavoriteButton
    /cast Travel form
    but for some reason it does not work every time e.g. in the garrison it always turns me into travel form and sometimes even when i'm in the middle of nowhere (on Draenor).

Any ideas ?

So I have quite a few Draenic Agility Potions and Commander's Draenic Agility Potions (pots from the Alchemy garrison building). I have /use Draenic Agility Potion in my prepot macro but I'd like it to also use the Commander's pots if I have any.

/use Commander's Draenic Agility Potion
    /use Draenic Agility Potion
    /cast Feral Spirit

Doesn't work. Is there any way to achieve this functionality?

Could I get help with a couple things please? For Druid btw...

1- How do I use #showtooltip in such a way that will display the spell wrath if in moonkin form, and any other feral type spell when in feral form?
    2- What are the stances for druids now (just coming back to druid after years of not playing one)?
    3- Is there a way to cast spells (for all stances) in one line? A rough example of what I mean:
    /cast [stance1, wrath][stance2, thrash][stance3, rejuv]

The intent is to not have to use separate action bars when I change forms, so that I can use abilities on one hotkey for whatever form I'm in (hard to explain, I hope you can understand what I mean lol).

Thanks a lot for any help you all can offer!

You want the [form] macro conditional.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [form:4] wrath; [form:1][form:2] Thrash; [form:0] Rejuvenation
    Separate multiple spells with semicolons.
    If you want to cast the same spell in multiple conditions put each condition in separate square brackets. (see thrash above)

If you make your macros this way then #showtooltip should just work.

It did indeed...thanks a ton!

Hello again gods of macros!

I want a macro that with nomod i shadowstep kick my target and with mod:shift i shadowstep kick my focus.

Currently i can only make this work on one or the other and cant seem to find a way to make them both work in the same macro.

Help please

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    Hello again gods of macros!

I want a macro that with nomod i shadowstep kick my target and with mod:shift i shadowstep kick my focus.

Currently i can only make this work on one or the other and cant seem to find a way to make them both work in the same macro.

Help please
    Did you try:

#showtoolip
    /cast Shadowstep
    /cast [mod:shift,@focus,exists]Kick;[nomod,@target]Kick

Quote Originally Posted by Lefeng View Post
    Did you try:

#showtoolip
    /cast Shadowstep
    /cast [mod:shift,@focus,exists]Kick;[nomod,@target]Kick
    It wont shadowstep the focus-target with this macro. Only try to kick it...

EDIT:

I tried this

#showtoolip
    /cast [nomod,@target] Shadowstep; [nomod,@target] Kick
    /cast [mod:shift,@focus,exists] Shadowstep; [mod:shift,@focus,exists] Kick
    It shadowsteps the correct targets with the correct modifiers but it seems as it doesnt want to kick?

EDIT nr 2:

Made it work with this macro;

#showtoolip
    /cast [nomod,@target] Shadowstep
    /cast [nomod,@target] Kick
    /cast [mod:shift,@focus,exists] Shadowstep
    /cast [mod:shift,@focus,exists] Kick
    Thanks for getting me on the right track!
    Last edited by Appelgren; 2015-08-20 at 03:36 PM.

hey I'm looking for a macro to help me stop being bad on heroic archimonde :P

I have no idea if it's possible but what I would like it to do is target a doomfire spirit if it is up, and if there is no doomfire spirit then target a deathcaller

I'm really bad with macros, anyone know a way to make it work?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nygax View Post
    hey I'm looking for a macro to help me stop being bad on heroic archimonde :P

I have no idea if it's possible but what I would like it to do is target a doomfire spirit if it is up, and if there is no doomfire spirit then target a deathcaller

I'm really bad with macros, anyone know a way to make it work?
    Yes, it's possible and not too difficult:

Code:
    /tar deathcaller
    /tar doomfire spirit

However, this will not work well if either has recently been killed and the corpse hasn't despawned yet. This will end up targeting the corpse. I think to solve that, it needs to be a little trickier.

Code:
    /tar deathcaller
    /targetlasttarget [dead]
    /tar doomfire spirit
    /targetlasttarget [dead]

I believe this should first attempt to target a Deathcaller and then, if it's dead, switch back to your original target, before attempting to target a Doomfire Spirit...which, again, if you land on a dead one, you're switched back to your original target (the "targetlasttarget" needs to be after each line in case there's both a dead Deathcaller and Doomfire Spirit...in that case, just one at the end would switch you back to the dead Deathcaller). If both are up, since the Doomfire targeting is the second one, it'll end up targeting that.

Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    Yes, it's possible and not too difficult:

Code:
    /tar deathcaller
    /tar doomfire spirit

However, this will not work well if either has recently been killed and the corpse hasn't despawned yet. This will end up targeting the corpse. I think to solve that, it needs to be a little trickier.

Code:
    /tar deathcaller
    /targetlasttarget [dead]
    /tar doomfire spirit
    /targetlasttarget [dead]

I believe this should first attempt to target a Deathcaller and then, if it's dead, switch back to your original target, before attempting to target a Doomfire Spirit...which, again, if you land on a dead one, you're switched back to your original target (the "targetlasttarget" needs to be after each line in case there's both a dead Deathcaller and Doomfire Spirit...in that case, just one at the end would switch you back to the dead Deathcaller). If both are up, since the Doomfire targeting is the second one, it'll end up targeting that.
    ...I thought of doing

/tar doomfire spirit
    /tar deathcaller

but I figured it wouldn't work because if both were up I wanted to stay on the doomfire spirit, not switch to the deathcaller...

somehow I didn't think of reversing it to

/tar deathcaller
    /tar doomfire spirit

so if they are both up I will end up on the doomfire...I'm dumb >.>

Speaking of druid macros, for my druid I have a macro that I use to flip forms, as when I am tanking dungeons I tend to go to kitty in between pulls for the movement increase, then back to bear when I get to the next pack. Inversely while I am feral I like the ability to occasionally go bear in case I pull aggro until the tank can get threat back.
    Currently I am using the following macro, which, if I am a Tauren or a cat shifts me to bear, and if I am a bear, shifts me to cat.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [stance:1] !Cat Form(Shapeshift)
    /cast [stance:2][] !Bear Form(Shapeshift)
    While it works, I am looking for something a bit smarter. Regardless of spec my current macro always drops me into bear first, plus it doesn't include a way to leave shapeshift entirely.

If not shapeshifted check spec.
    - Spec 1 (Guardian): Shapeshift to Bear
    - Spec 2 (Feral): Shapeshift to Cat
    If shapeshifted to Bear
    - Shapeshift to Cat
    If shapeshifted to Cat
    -Shapeshift to Bear
    If Modifier Key Pressed (alt) return to base form (Tauren).

I tried putting it together myself but it was a complete mess (I suck at code in general) and either didnt work at all, or only kinda worked, and not correctly. Anyone else wanna try their hand at this?

Quote Originally Posted by Speshil View Post
    Hola is there a macro for Pets to stay on different targets?
    For example if you need to kill ads but they spawn far away from boss and dye so quick that it is not worth for your pet to travel there and you want it to continue on boss.
    You want to turn off assist mode on your pet, and then have a macro for `/petattack` which will trigger based on regular target rules like any spell.