Thread: New servers?

New servers?

Hey guys while I've been a longtime follower of mmo-champion I finally took some time to create an account for the forums, so hi! Next I'll cut right to the chase, I've been a avid wow player since vanilla and through each expansion. I'm really excited for cataclysm (I plan to reroll as an enhance shammy as a complete offshoot) but I would like to have a clean start with a couple friends both from the game and irl. I was wondering if anyone has heard (or seen a blue post) about if they're going to release new servers for cataclysm. I'm hoping they will just like they did for wotlk but it's always nice to know for certain. Thanks a lot!

Probably, but I haven't seen anything official on it. I'd count on it though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

They released new servers with BC and Wrath. And I'm sure Cataclysm is going to bring in loads of new players, so yes it's highly probable. They're not likely to announce them far in advance though, I think they gave a day or two notice for the new Wrath servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep. i think so.

I would say that im pretty positive blizzard will get new servers for the new expansion.
    If it's red, it's dead, so therefore please save yourself the trouble of trying to run.

I'm doubtful. There are a lot of low population realms, and I think Blizzard would be smart to fill them a bit more before opening brand new servers.

With all the work Blizzard has done with revamping most of the zones I would think they would release at least one new realm. But of course, their thinking may be, just roll an alt if you want to experience all the new stuff.