Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ezkaos View Post
    Aside the lack of quest updates, the lack of flight being added to the TBC starting zones is appalling.
    This is the big one. I'd wait 'till February for Cataclysm for every zone on Azeroth (sans those in Northrend) to be given an overhaul. I'm just crossing my fingers that Cataclysm will have "aftershock" patches...

Just Your Average Lurking Huntard LOLPRIEST forum lurker now.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    Questing is no different. You can quest all the way to 80 (or 85 come Cata), then go back and do quests in zones you didn't quest in while getting to max level. I guess that's time travel too? Is this the part where I say your point is debunked, like it somehow adds validity to my argument and invalidates yours?

We've been on the same major content patch (3.3) for 10 months. I'd rather they work on zones that need the work and get this expansion done than worry some new player needs their hand held in order to add two and two together.
    That is my point. Let's say they don't change a FEW quest text in the BC zones (Really, it's frikkin' quest text), there was no reason to let the other zones stay untouched... Now, the ONLY reason I won't QQ about this is if they revamp them on a patch, I hate it when Blizz makes empty promises, and Arathi has 30 quests only, do you think that's fine?

Quote Originally Posted by Oweena View Post
    Since when has mudsprocket been in since vanilla?
    Go ahead, tell me, with a straight face, that Dustwallow quests have the SAME quality than, say, Westfall or even Duskwood (Which isn't half as good as Silverpine). I don't really care much for it already, since atleast I'll be able to tolerate questing there... But it's really sad, and I doubt Cataclysm will have much action in "Aftershock" patches, although that'd be ideal.
    Last edited by JohnnyTKF; 2010-10-04 at 01:19 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Arathi isn't done.

Silithus/Dustwallow have already been revamped in the last 5 years.

The TBC content is located on a different world server and would take a LOT more work to integrate into the Vanilla realm then you think. This is the reason for the lack of flying.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dcemuser View Post
    Arathi isn't done.

Silithus/Dustwallow have already been revamped in the last 5 years.

The TBC content is located on a different world server and would take a LOT more work to integrate into the Vanilla realm then you think.
    Arathi IS done. I'm tired of people saying it isn't, here, look at this thread:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...24878&sid=2000

There, enjoy. Check the thread the Worgen mentions, Arathi won't change. Be realistic, it could've changed yet Blizzard didn't give a crap.
    I searched "Arathi" in the official forums, and I've seen a bunch of threads, not like there'll be much QQ, but Blizzard deserves the complaints they'll get this time.

(Where the hell did you get the Arathi rumor? It's done. I hate to say it, because I'm still against it, but we'll have to deal with it)

I'm still amazed anyone is surprised they didn't have the time to update every zone. People forget that revamping the old world was done IN ADDITION to doing an entire expansion's worth of content. That is a huge task, and while in the perfect world they simply would have waited until they got all the content done, the playerbase is sick and tired of WotLK, and the longer it takes, the less people are willing to wait and see how Cataclysm turns out.

I'm not attacking or defending that decision, I'm simply pointing out the reality many seem to be missing. They really, quite honestly, can't afford to release the expansion past December. Blizzard most definitely doesn't want a situation where people start canceling their subscriptions, because you never know how many of those people will come back.

Besides, there's no reason they can't patch in changes. That's not ideal, especially for leveling content, but I know they cannot be happy with some of the zones and how inferior they are compared to the rest. I can't see them letting that stand. I wouldn't expect anything drastic, but a few questlines or a new questhub here or there can make a world of difference.

Just don't cast stones at them for not revamping the entire thing. Just redesigning the old world for flying must have been a monumental task, so it should be more then expected that some areas would be more polished than others. That's not laziness; just reality.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTKF View Post
    Arathi IS done. I'm tired of people saying it isn't, here, look at this thread:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...24878&sid=2000

There, enjoy. Check the thread the Worgen mentions, Arathi won't change. Be realistic, it could've changed yet Blizzard didn't give a crap.
    I searched "Arathi" in the official forums, and I've seen a bunch of threads, not like there'll be much QQ, but Blizzard deserves the complaints they'll get this time.

(Where the hell did you get the Arathi rumor? It's done. I hate to say it, because I'm still against it, but we'll have to deal with it)
    That list has been inaccurate for ages. It listed all of the zones even when half of them weren't done.

But still, the official list (http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...36776&sid=2000) was updated to show Arathi as complete, so that is disappointing.

Blizzard stated at the very beginning that they wouldn't be overhauling all the zones.

15+ Year Old Account
    They did, as far back as the Cataclysm announcement.

I believe they're only going back to lore that really needs to be fixed. the dreanei story may change a little hopefully

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dcemuser View Post
    That list has been inaccurate for ages. It listed all of the zones even when half of them weren't done.

But still, the official list (http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...36776&sid=2000) was updated to show Arathi as complete, so that is disappointing.
    Indeed it is I wanted to see an epic quest chain featuring Danath... Maybe they'll do it on a future patch. (Who am I kidding? It'll stay that way forever)

Quote Originally Posted by Blastro View Post
    I believe they're only going back to lore that really needs to be fixed. the dreanei story may change a little hopefully
    Well, considering they fixed every Old World zone except those (And Arathi needed a fix in lore, you know, with Danath promising to go back, I expected that'd happen)... They just said "Well, we got no time, so screw these zones". It's a damn shame, but we can't do anything about it.
    Last edited by JohnnyTKF; 2010-10-04 at 01:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zingbat View Post

all i got to say

**SPOILER**

ORG IS FUCKING AWESOMESAUCE
    sooooooooooooooooooooo true

but yes this is true they gonna be lots of explaining if they want this to make sense :/
    I has beta

Deleted
    none of it really makes sense, especially with the announcement cinematic for cata, saying how we're fighting the lich king and all this shit goes down, wait a second... i'm leaving to fight a weaker threat that we supposedly already dealt with? then you throw in the new loading screens, for outland and northrend and they make even less sense, then again, completely crossing off all those raids/dungeons as soon as they become outdated would make it more difficult to level (pure questing and grinding would be rubbish) and it means a lot of their hard work would just get thrown away, meaning it'll only be usable for 2 odd years and considering a few months of effort goes into each patch, that really would be a bitch

Dustwallow Marsh has changed btw. The horde camp is destroyed and alliance have pillaged it. Quests are updated to the current Cataclysm events. Theramore has a new highway/bridge across the sea. Also Alcaz Isle and island off the coast i think is some sort of prison (Alcatraz) and with cataclysm prisoners have escaped.

Arathi Highlands and SIlithus may not have any physical changes however new quests have been added and they have been updated to reflect the cataclysm events.

The BC Zones I know hvnt been changed but apparently it was too far for Deathwing to fly to Quel Danas and Azuremyst Isle.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. I don't believe Silithus is even done yet
    2. Arathi has lots of changes, new quest hub, and one of them old characters we killed is now a Forsaken.
    3. Dustwallow has a new highway through it, not much else is known to me. Bet it's changed enough to be relevant.
    4. The other zones will be changed if they see fit, but not on release. They've said they want to do the same treatment to OL.

Quote Originally Posted by Blastro View Post
    I always found it a bit odd that they wouldn't revamp BE/Draenei content. I understand that the content over there is "fresher", but these zones are so intrinsically linked to the BC time-frame that it's going to feel weird playing as one of these races now. I think they deserved to be updated more than some vanilla zones (most of which being focused on local concerns rather than being linked to the latest happenings).

Quote Originally Posted by vilepickle View Post
    1) Azuremyst 2) Bloodmyst 3) Eversong 4) Ghostlands 5) Dustwallow 6) Silithus 7) Arathi

Most of these zones have had a number of changes since the launch of the original game so they probably don't feel the need to spend more time on them.

IE. 1, 2, 3, 4 did not even exist in Vanilla. Dustwallow got some upgrades with the Ony revamp if I recall. Silithus was totally revamped in Vanilla itself from its original pathetic state. Arathi is the only one that stands out to me as not having anything done to it.

Overall, it's most likely a time constraint and almost all of these zones have things that are more current than the ones that have been sitting there forever.
    Right on the money, bliz already messed with the majority of these zones less than 4 years ago(everything not on the list in Old World got changed for Cata by a good amount). Also, Arathi is out of the way and hasn't changed from the cataclysm at all(the coastal part of arathis is off a cliff edge, so I doubt you could even say they were effected by the rising waters.) Dustwallow had a whole new neutral quest hub added a not too awful long ago, and Silithus is also out of the way of any problems that we'd face in cata.

You guys are the right amount of angry for this topic.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mark-out View Post
    Dustwallow Marsh has changed btw. The horde camp is destroyed and alliance have pillaged it. Quests are updated to the current Cataclysm events. Theramore has a new highway/bridge across the sea. Also Alcaz Isle and island off the coast i think is some sort of prison (Alcatraz) and with cataclysm prisoners have escaped.

Arathi Highlands and SIlithus may not have any physical changes however new quests have been added and they have been updated to reflect the cataclysm events.

The BC Zones I know hvnt been changed but apparently it was too far for Deathwing to fly to Quel Danas and Azuremyst Isle.
    Whoa, where did you get that info? Because Brackenwall Village wasn't burned, and the other one has been burned forever now. Only quests updated are the breadcrumbs, and the Bridge is the only change I noticed apart from lil' things. Where did you get the Alcaz prisoners info? Let me guess, a "friend" told you.

Allright, cut the crap. No really, you are just trolling. Silithus HAS ZERO NEW QUESTS! You troll... And Arathi has new text changes. Stop trolling dude, because you are just bad at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanfastic View Post
    1. I don't believe Silithus is even done yet
    2. Arathi has lots of changes, new quest hub, and one of them old characters we killed is now a Forsaken.
    3. Dustwallow has a new highway through it, not much else is known to me. Bet it's changed enough to be relevant.
    4. The other zones will be changed if they see fit, but not on release. They've said they want to do the same treatment to OL.
    Arathi has 4 changes, and no big ones, except Galen's fall, and guess what are the quests in there? Go get Trok'alar... AGAIN. Yes, really. Dustwallow has new breadcrumbs only, and a detective in the Shady Rest inn, that's all I've found. Mark out is just bullshitting you, Silithus has 0 new quests, and Blues said they wouldn't change it, patches might, but not now.
    Last edited by JohnnyTKF; 2010-10-04 at 02:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcangel14 View Post
    Who says silithus/arathi doesnt get new quests?
    and since when is dustwallow back to vanilla timeline?
    Silithus has 0 changes. None. Nothing at all. Except for a portal that takes you to the Blasted Lands.

Arathi ONLY has a new Horde base that has a few quests relating to Galen... Aaaaaand that's about it.

The Dustwallow quest changes/additions didn't change the continuity of the zone, they just made the questing in the zone not laughable. The time line of those quests still takes place in Vanilla. Did you even do those quests?
    "Pulsars are the bulimic cosmic anomalies..."

Mostly agree on what Illfayt says.

The only truly unchanged zone would be Silithus.
    Blizzard already mentioned in the early Cataclysm interviews that they wouldn't revamp the TBC-zones, so naturally they're exempt.

The reason on why Silithus is untouched could be due to how everything in that zone is revolved around the Gates of Ahn'Qiraj, and that it would take quite some effort to revamp and at the same time feel relevant to the events in Cataclysm.
    One possible scenario would be dealing with the aftermath of the war against C'Thun, but that has already been wrapped up in the comics and is being continued elsewhere in WoW.