Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Kicked for Smite healing

So I was doing my daily random, and I got yelled at and then kicked for healing primarily with smite/atonement.
    I got yelled at just for Smite healing, they said it was only for pvp and shortly there after kicked me, even though I was keeping everybody topped off, and we had had no wipes.

What do other priests think about healing with smite?
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

It's fine for randoms and your pug group was dumb for kicking a healer that can actually help finish the dungeon a little faster.

I don't like it in 25's though because you can't choose the heal target, but on the other hand you don't need the alternative talents so you might as well take it; the atonement ability may still be a little useful for some fights.

Gotta love ignorant players. It's funny, because I've healed entire instances as balance for the sake of extra dps and people didn't mind... Hopefully people will start to clue in and realize that there have been massive changes and what they once knew they may not know anymore.

Smite healing seems like a pretty cool idea to me, I like it a lot.

When i am tanking daily in offspec, i am happy when healers is helping with dps and not staying\running around, watching at full hp bar
    Aldoraan Ret Pally since 2.4

Outland - love forever

I'm not a healer but I have done some healing as Ret (I know Ret heals FtL but heals was dead with boss at 3%). I wouldn't have kicked you or vote to, as long as group was being healed when needed. I don't care what spell u use as long u keep the tank & group up we're good.

Some people are weird. I don't care how you heal as long as I am being healed on my tank. Just keep up

I have been smite healing in my randoms here lately. The tanks usually find it really cool to have the extra 2500 or so dps i put out in healing gear right now (was 4k before patch but I have heals now while doing it so i'm okay).

Healing sindy on icc10 though caused some issues when trying to utilize it to get mana back... i think for raids i'll pass but for heroics it's king.

Prior to the patch, I healed in Shadowform. Improved Vampiric Embrace, plus being fast on Shields was enough for any non ICC heroic. Now, I'm using Smite Chakra. Me having a full mana bar is pointless if it's not being put to use, and if people aren't taking the damage what else am I supposed to do?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

When lvl 85 premade was first available on beta, I was healing a regular instance on my shaman. The new aoe healing spell "Healing Rain" creates a white patch on the ground to show the healing area. Literally had dps running out of it, thinking it was a ground fire type effect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Evangelism and Archangel give me 957 mana per stack of Evangelism which needs on smite at 579 (less 3% per stack of Evangelism) . It's free mana as long as you can afford the time to cast it. That's reason enough to be smiting, let alone getting a free heal for it.

Your group just wasn't keeping up with the priest changes. If I'm not mistaking Shaman have a similar talent, and druids get free Wraths if they choose to spec it. So maybe it's the entire group just not being aware of healer changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a buff to your healing, the only people going against this wether its 5-10 or 25man are the ones who aren't able to adapt or don't understand what it does.., atm it looks to me like Blizz plans are working as you see the gap between the poor n' good players opening already, literally can't wait til 85 when everything is in play

Quote Originally Posted by Zeyn View Post
    When lvl 85 premade was first available on beta, I was healing a regular instance on my shaman. The new aoe healing spell "Healing Rain" creates a white patch on the ground to show the healing area. Literally had dps running out of it, thinking it was a ground fire type effect.
    Well, at least we know they CAN run out of fire. Now we just have to train them to know which fires are GOOD and which are No Nos... rofl

Quote Originally Posted by Zeyn View Post
    Same problem with the druid's Efflorescence. I'm a sad druid.

HOPEFULLY, people will learn what Healing Rain and Efflorescence look like and realize "Oh, this isn't gonna kill me, it's actually helping!"
    Hopefully.

But the OP's story kinda pisses me off. The shear number for jerks I run into in PuGs is disgusting. If the entire group is consistently at full health, then by all means, continue smite healing. The more dps there is, the faster the run. I REALLY hope that group had to wait a LONG time for another healer to queue, because that was just rude with no basis for kicking. Ugh.

Glyph of Holy Nova.

Spam.

Profit.

I was quite sad to see that Atonement was still broken on my Priest though.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

People WILL tell you you're wrong. You know you're not, post their ignorance in a "worst experience"-thread and move on. Best way to deal with stupidity : ) I'm leveling a priest atm, most peeps don't mind PW: S and smitehealing all the way.

People in randoms are aholes, I often heal as shadow (unless the tank is really undergeared) because I get tired of poor dps and I want fast Ques. I am often top dps and no one ever dies. I had a tank yelling at me one day even though he was like 6k GS and virtually needed no healing while I was keeping every time topped off with my shadow dmg.

When I tank I only have one request, healer keeps me alive and keeps up with me, other than that I don't care how they heal, I have had many boomkinds heal me in pugs and I Love it

i know how you feel. people abuse the healer even though they arent going below 80% HP. i used to get yelled at for not going in tree form because i was tired of looking at my tree butt all day -_- got kicked a couple times too. In WoW people like to bitch even when nothing is wrong.

Its sad when you get a group of dumbasses who think they know your class better than you.

Rofl at the kick. Even if it is total fail it is funny. Kicked for smite healing lolz.
    @ OP dont complain, its just ignorant people. Combined with those that insist that u flask for a heroic(exagerating but u understood i hope) u can get kicked for such minor stuff.

For heroics i suppose this is the optimal way to heal. You heal and dps! Even faster heroics ftw. Elemental shamans can heal a heroic also extremely easy as they dont run out of mana. Correction. They star the fight with 0 mana and they end with full.

So why not have some fun as healers. Let us dps a bit, we can do it in a simple faceroll UP HC.

As for healing rain. Now that u said that i am gonna give lessons at 85. "Ok guys before we start let me show u something. You see that green circle? Oh that green circle is the opposite of bad red/black circles. It actually heals you!"
    English is not my native language and i type fast. So bare with my typos, like "jsut".

a heal is a heal. point blank. that pug was ignorant. if I spam only mutilate on my rogue, and still top the damage charts in a pug, i dare someone in said pug to chastise me (i'd never do that though lol) i don't see where it matters if its a "pvp heal" i wasn't aware 4.0.1 released pve and pvp health bars which needed specific types of heals...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eyeofskadi View Post
    Well, at least we know they CAN run out of fire. Now we just have to train them to know which fires are GOOD and which are No Nos... rofl
    good fire is the stuff me and warlocks shoot from our hands ^_^