Reforging priority

i already know that reforged to hard hit cap is supposivly the best but right now im at 19.16% Hit and i only miss 6-7 melee attacks on a boss...so i was wondering what i should go for next haste mastery or crit?

---------- Post added 2010-10-15 at 09:51 PM ----------

anyone know ?

seems like absolutely noone knows?

10+ Year Old Account
    Missing one Melee swing is a DPS loss and a Rage loss.

Reforge for 27% hit. If your gear has crit and haste on it after reaching that cap, it's fine.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I'm not so sure Mastery is even all that great for us right now. Perhaps if it reduced cooldowns/improved durations it might be a bit better.

It's;

Hit to 8% > Expertise to cap > Hit to 27% > Strength > Crit/Haste > Mastery
    Quote Originally Posted by Chakosa View Post
    Welcome to how the game was always and is supposed to be played. Have fun not being able to be an autistic shit anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by lolmageddon View Post
    It's;

Hit to 8% > Expertise to cap > Hit to 27% > Strength > Crit/Haste > Mastery
    Quote from Darian_TruBlade from the elitist jerks sticky thread.
    "Get 8% Hit (including Precision), 26 Expertise. After that, Strength > Hit (up to 27%) > Crit > Haste > Mastery"

So you're a little bit off.
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2010-10-16 at 08:38 AM.

Once you have a satisfactory amount of hit and expertise the only things you should reforge for are crit or mastery, with crit being good for both, and mastery being fairly good for arms but only mediocre for fury. It may be mediocre, but it is still more useful than haste.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Quote from Darian_TruBlade from the elitist jerks sticky thread.
    "Get 8% Hit (including Precision), 26 Expertise. After that, Strength > Hit (up to 27%) > Crit > Haste > Mastery"

So you're a little bit off.
    Since you can't reforge strength it can't be in the priority.

That aside if you prioritize strength over hit once you have 8% then you,d never get any more hit as there is no cap.

I'd have to agree with lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormegil View Post
    Since you can't reforge strength it can't be in the priority.

That aside if you prioritize strength over hit once you have 8% then you,d never get any more hit as there is no cap.

I'd have to agree with lol.
    You can't reforge strength but since 6.5% ExP is NEEDED and ExP is the only red stat that we can reforge then if you need ExP you should REFORGE for it rather than GEM for it which would make it exactly as if you were reforging a secondary stat into STR. This is ofc as i was saying, if you were under the cap.

i found this method useful after spending loads of gold on variations on reforging, the priority i used for reforging was

Hit (27%) > Haste/Crit (Tried to balance both numbers so i wasnt low on one buthigh on another) > Mastery

I chose gem choices

STR > Haste > Crit

Reason why i had haste on a higher priority, you get enough crit from gear and the extra haste is good for rage gen.

I probs have a few flaws in what im doing but it seems to be working fine for me at the moment.

I would recommend keeping crit at 33% minimum so you can always have flurry active. For me I have reforged hit as much as possible and when hit was not available I reforged to haste. So far so good though I would like a bit more incoming rage from my hits. Damn that normalization. Also, qq about orc axe specialization being reduced.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayne View Post
    I would recommend keeping crit at 33% minimum so you can always have flurry active. For me I have reforged hit as much as possible and when hit was not available I reforged to haste. So far so good though I would like a bit more incoming rage from my hits. Damn that normalization. Also, qq about orc axe specialization being reduced.
    "Flurry:
    Contrary to popular belief, 33% chance to Crit will not guarantee 100% Flurry up-time, not even close. A relatively close formula to calculate Flurry up-time is:
    1 - ( 1 - c ) ^ x
    Where 'c' is your Crit chance expressed in decimal (i.e: 35% crit = 0.35) and 'x' is the number of attacks made in one cycle of Flurry (3 from auto attack swings, and generally one additional from instant attacks; 4 is a commonly used number).

Example: 35% crit yields
    1 - ( 1 - 0.35 ) ^ 4 = 0.8215 which translates to 82.15% Flurry up-time.
    Crit past 33% will of course increase your Flurry uptime, any amount of Crit under 100% (or the crit cap) is less than 100% Flurry up-time, and therefore additional Crit will increase your up-time. It is important to note that while additional Crit will increase Flurry up-time, it is subject to diminishing returns. The amount of Flurry up-time gained going for 1% crit to 11% crit is much greater than going from 40% to 50% (in both cases an increase in 10% Crit chance)."

Taken from http://elitistjerks.com/f81/t22705-dps_compendium/
    http://www.orphanguild.com/ - SWTOR Guild US West Coast PvP