Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    there werent really many deaths during the cannibal arc, in the comics it wasnt even really an arc it was just a kind of couple issue side story on the way to dc.

so they are really fleshing that plotline out alot more in the show. in the comics they are just a couple people who really sucked at hunting so they started eating people.

however theres some pretty hardcore deaths during the negan arc.

after dealing with the governor and everything rick gets pretty arrogant thinking he can pretty much take on anyone and negan kind of shows him he cant. and i wont spoil who but negan gives someone a little attention with a baseball bat to prove he means buisness

i also agree with beth being useless.

the beth and daryl solo episode had so much stupid in it. "yeah lets burn our shelter during the night so we have to sleep in the woods where zombies or people could catch us easily"
    Thanks again! And yeah I've heard about Negan giving some special lovin' to Glenn in the comics, right? Is Negan the person that runs this Alexandria place then, or someone else? Sucks not having access to those comics, would love to read them..can't wait to get my hands on them some day. Watched all the seasons of the show more than 5 times now, you really notice a lot of stuff you haven't before, when watching them a few times over.

Does Carl by any chance go even a bit mental in the comics or anything or does he keep his sanity pretty much? Just asking since he seemed so strange in the second half of the last season of the show, and they keep filming his eyes/looks so freaking much compared to anyone elses. Just wondering what's up with that.

And glad to see someone agrees with me on Beth, and that episode as well :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    This is a pretty big spoiler about the cannibals in the comics, so click at your own discretion.

If I remember correctly, in the comics, The Hunters (cannibals) consisted of about 5 people who ate the rest of their group to survive, children and all. Then when it was just the small group left they decided to start hunting other groups. So they followed Ricks group for a while without them knowing and Dale got bit by a walker. Dale went off to the woods to die alone when the cannibals grabbed him, not knowing he was bit. They didn't like to kill their victims and wanted the meat as fresh as possible so they would cut off body parts and eat them while the person is still alive. So as they are eating Dale, Dale starts laughing maniacally and yelling that they are eating tainted meat (pretty great scene if you ask me, I hope it makes it into the show [obviously not with Dale]). And then after that the rest of the group finds them and kills them all pretty quickly without much hesitation. They went in a whole new direction with the TV series and I hope they don't drag it out for a whole season.
    Oh wow, thank you for that piece of information, that does indeed sound interesting and awesome! And nah I don't mind spoilers at all, seeing as they might not even be spoilers, you never know, that's the fun in it. I am just very interested to hear about the comics in general, just to have something to speculate on while waiting for the next season. Although hearing all these plotlines and such from the comics just makes me want to read them even more but I will just have to wait..

think of negan and the saviors as kinda like the mob who are like "hey give us a good chunk of your profits and we'll 'protect' your shop so nothin happens to it"

they basically just demand shit from people and then if they dont give it to them they kill them.

carl is pretty okay sanity wise. he definitely becomes way more cold blooded but hes not crazy or anything. he just does whats needed to survive
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    By the way, again to the people who have read the comics; Is Eugene in the comics, or some character that equals his?
    Was just wondering since I keep seeing people say that he is lying about the whole cure/DC-thing like it's 100% sure that he is, so is that something that is in the comics or are those just guesses seeing how his character is a bit odd?

Quote Originally Posted by Khaldi View Post
    By the way, again to the people who have read the comics; Is Eugene in the comics, or some character that equals his?
    Was just wondering since I keep seeing people say that he is lying about the whole cure/DC-thing like it's 100% sure that he is, so is that something that is in the comics or are those just guesses seeing how his character is a bit odd?
    He's in the comics, and so far his character has been very similar.

In the comics it's just a lie because he wants the company and doesn't want to be alone. He figures he can successfully maintain his ruse against the 'army grunts who don't know better'. He gets the shit kicked out of him by Abe eventually when it comes to light.

Why are people spoiling future characters and events in this thread (most notably Negan)? If I hadn't read most of the comics, I'd be deeply annoyed, personally.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Why are people spoiling future characters and events in this thread (most notably Negan)? If I hadn't read most of the comics, I'd be deeply annoyed, personally.
    Unless I am mistaken, the threads title even says *SPOILERS*. Plus, I asked.
    And anyhow, the comics don't seem to always equal what happens on the show. I personally am very curious about what goes on in the comics in comparison to the show, plus it gives me something to speculate and ponder about until the next season is out.

If someone doesn't want any spoilers, they should probably stay away from a thread with a huge spoiler-warning, shouldn't they :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nekovivie View Post
    He's in the comics, and so far his character has been very similar.

In the comics it's just a lie because he wants the company and doesn't want to be alone. He figures he can successfully maintain his ruse against the 'army grunts who don't know better'. He gets the shit kicked out of him by Abe eventually when it comes to light.
    And thank you! ^^ I thought that might be how it was in the comics...will be interesting to see if and how that will play out on the show. Can't wait!

And anyhow, the comics don't seem to always equal what happens on the show. I personally am very curious about what goes on in the comics in comparison to the show, plus it gives me something to speculate and ponder about until the next season is out.

If someone doesn't want any spoilers, they should probably stay away from a thread with a huge spoiler-warning, shouldn't they :P
    I imagine by "spoilers" it means the newest episode of the show and backwards is fair play.

10+ Year Old Account

That's why it says [TV] not [TV/Comics]. This is only about the TV show and spoilers are only about past episodes. The latest one with ~1 week waiting period.

Deleted
    Well I cannot be bothered to argue with people that just don't know what they are talking about, even less if the subject is as pointless as this.

The comics do not equal the show. If you wish to avoid spoilers of any kind, don't go to a thread with a spoiler-warning. Problem solved. And you can just skip the posts about spoilers, no one is holding a gun to your head to read those posts.

Have a pleasant day
    Last edited by mmoc0180b66b9b; 2014-08-27 at 12:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I cannot be bothered to argue with people that just don't know what they are talking about, even less if the subject is as pointless as this.

The comics do not equal the show. If you wish to avoid spoilers of any kind, don't go to a thread with a spoiler-warning. Problem solved. And you can just skip the posts about spoilers, no one is holding a gun to your head to read those posts.

Have a pleasant day
    No need to get rude...

Look at these two threads:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...es-No-Spoilers
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Discussion***

The first one has two simple rules:
    For those of you who have read the books, please keep any spoilers in this thread. Thanks!
    Please do not post any book or un-aired episode spoilers in this thread. If you see these types of spoilers, then please report them. Thank you.

The second one is completely free for anyone to post what they want.

That's how it should it be with this thread: Because it's only about the TV Show it should not contain spoilers from the Comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    No need to get rude...

Look at these two threads:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...es-No-Spoilers
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Discussion***

The first one has two simple rules:
    For those of you who have read the books, please keep any spoilers in this thread. Thanks!
    Please do not post any book or un-aired episode spoilers in this thread. If you see these types of spoilers, then please report them. Thank you.

The second one is completely free for anyone to post what they want.

That's how it should it be with this thread: Because it's only about the TV Show it should not contain spoilers from the Comics.
    More relevant is the first post of THIS thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nazdreg View Post
    Mod Edit: remember this is for discussion of the TV show and not the comics! if you wish to discuss the comics please go to the following thread. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...%28Spoilers%29[/COLOR][/B]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    More relevant is the first post of THIS thread
    Same thing, but yeah

The Comic thread died at post #5. That being said, you also cannot spoil things which have already aired, or at least that's been the general rule on this subforum as I've seen it. My opinion (and not necessarily the rule of the land as a mod on this subforum) is that spoilers refer to anything outside the arc of the aired episodes. This thread has changed a lot in 4 years, and while they may have wanted to foster a separate Comics thread in the beginning, the fact that the show deviated far from the comics has made comic talk in this thread more "acceptable" over time.

I'm up for it being up for discussion, but I don't see why you can't talk about the source material in a spoilers thread.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    The Comic thread died at post #5. That being said, you also cannot spoil things which have already aired, or at least that's been the general rule on this subforum as I've seen it. My opinion (and not necessarily the rule of the land as a mod on this subforum) is that spoilers refer to anything outside the arc of the aired episodes. This thread has changed a lot in 4 years, and while they may have wanted to foster a separate Comics thread in the beginning, the fact that the show deviated far from the comics has made comic talk in this thread more "acceptable" over time.

I'm up for it being up for discussion, but I don't see why you can't talk about the source material in a spoilers thread.
    Because there are people who haven't read the comics yet, or haven't gotten as far and they should be able to come to a thread labeled TV without having to worry about comic book spoilers. Either keep them out or change the title to TV/Comic, and edit out the Mod note to not talk about comic book spoilers, so that people know it's not safe to enter if you don't want spoilers. This is the reason that the GoT Thread is labeled as TV/Book, because source material spoilers are being discussed as well.

EDIT: I think I might see the disconnect. It's not just a worry about spoiling the TV show from info for the source material it's also about spoiling the comic books for people who haven't read them yet.

I haven't read the comics either, but everything I've read in this thread seems to indicate knowledge of the comics doesn't equate to knowledge of the show. My question is, is this a true-enough rule that comic talk is largely irrelevant to spoiling the show?

I haven't read the comics either, but everything I've read in this thread seems to indicate knowledge of the comics doesn't equate to knowledge of the show. My question is, is this a true-enough rule that comic talk is largely irrelevant to spoiling the show?
    You might have missed my edit. There's also the problem of people talking about the Comics in the TV thread spoiling the comics for those who haven't read them yet.

Oh, I see, you don't want the comics spoiled. Fair enough point.

Depends on what you consider a spoiler. Do the show deviate from the comics? Yes. But even if certain characters die before or after they originally died, and there are characters there aren't in the comics, some of the bigger story-beats are still around. It is possible that Negan won't show up, and it is possible that Eugene isn't a liar, but both of these things are pretty likely to happen.

In the Doctor Who thread, Arlee said mentioning a conjecture that uses info outside the show is a spoiler. Applying the same logic here, even if it's just a guess that one of these things will happen, the guess is based on info outside the show.
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2014-08-27 at 08:59 PM.

But this is a thread clearly marked as having spoilers, the Dr. Who thread isn't.

But this is a thread clearly marked as having spoilers, the Dr. Who thread isn't.
    True. But it is also marked [TV] and not [TV/Comics].