Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Lightbulb Anyone else want a new Kara like raid?

WARNING: THIS POST IS FULL OF NOSTALGIA!

Ahh yes, I remember back in the days when I first started playing WoW. It was vanilla WoW, my class of choice was a warrior. Nooby as I was, I went arms with a 2hander because it looked the most awesome! I was around level 40 when TBC was released (Man that took me some time). Finally hitting level 70 I started pvping, then after about a year of not any serious gaming at all, 2 of my friends from college started playing as well. This is when we started raiding, and when I started healing on my druid, and yes it was indeed quite a bit into tbc.

We started off in a small, newly started raiding guild that was currently progressing in Kara (yes I know you had all done it before me). And man was it fun! Castlevania in WoW is how I can best describe it. Spooky, amazingly designed bosses, and challenging as well. (We were mostly wearing dungeon blues.) I miss those days of laughing our asses off at the Opera Event, my friends (I was healing) cumming over their dps on Curator, the death threats from Shade of Aran, the beam troubles on that blue dragon boss (which I failed hard at, they all told me to stand in the purple beam which doesn't exsist). And finally, the randomness of the Prince fight. We all had to bring our ace game (atleast it felt like that to us noobs) and a bit of random luck to down that sucker!

And yes, I was tired of kara after farming it week after week for emblems, but I still go back there from time to time to solo it (thank you 10k more hp in bear form after the patch.) and to remember the days when we were new to raiding. I also remember myself saying when we were far into BT/MH that I missed Kara, and that I had allways loved that instance. What is there not to love? Perfectly designed, and allways entertaining. (Dont whine because you did it 999999 times and got tired of it)

So what do you think? Any raid later that can live up to Kara? Its not the huge lore raid, with massive bosses with a gazillion hp like ICC/BT/Sunwell but it had what they don't, charm and the right setting. I could even turn game sounds/music back on in Kara, cus of the awesome voices and music.

Do you wish for another, small, exciting and spooky raid like Kara?

/end of nostalgia.

(sorry for double post, not sure where to post it)
    Last edited by years; 2010-10-24 at 09:54 PM.
    You'll be suprised what the difference it between US and Europe. Only UK has some similar american stuff but thats because Napoleon failed to conquer it.

10+ Year Old Account
    could use a poll but yes from me
    Your speaker volume BETRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS YOU!

10+ Year Old Account
    "Cumming over their dps on curator"............ that's disturbing

I agree Kara was indeed one of the best raid. It was awesome in every way and def reminds one of Castlevania lol

10+ Year Old Account
    no thank you

just the crypts maybe

for me kharazan was the best raid in tbc i loved it all so its a yes from me but if they give an attunement for entry shorten it and make it a guild wide achievement for completing the chain but u can still get the attunement on a guildless char

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by years View Post
    So what do you think? Any raid later that can live up to Kara? Its not the huge lore raid, with massive bosses with a gazillion hp like ICC/BT/Sunwell but it had what they don't, charm and the right setting. I could even turn game sounds/music back on in Kara, cus of the awesome voices and music.
    ulduar hard mode beat anything, but kara was so much more medieval

10+ Year Old Account
    Fighting alongside Turalyon and Alleria against the Burning Legion
    kara is my second fav raid of all time. My Fav is ofcourse Ulduar, this instance is so epic that nothing will beat it ever....ever.
    Participator in the Great 'Real ID Forum Change' Riot July 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Divaet View Post
    I love being self-richeous..
    Quote Originally Posted by DailyBlink View Post
    Malygos flips out and creates a mana blackhole. Mages no longer use Mana, instead having a new resource called 'Derp'.

I'm hoping that Blizzard at some point opens Karazhan Crypts as a raid dungeon. Of course there'd have to be a lot of work and changes (would need to be bigger, better textures, more variation and tons of bosses and enviornmental dangers), but that place could become so creepy and epic that Karazhan would seem like a pillow fight.

Kara, just brings back so many nice memories

Deleted
    Ulduar > Kara > BT > *. /thread

But yes, you can feel the epicness and attention to detail dripping from a place like Kara and the real sense of a different era/game gone by - even if you never raided it at level.

As to whether they'll ever make another one like that: I think it highly unlikely, even though they should given the new lockouts how much less the majority of endgame players will be raiding.

I would LOVE a new kara raid, but I doubt we'll get it.

We'll just have to wait and see.

Karazhan is simply, THE BEST raid ever made. Super awesome atmosphere, relaxing and cool music, different bosses, epic interior. Just everything is kara is done flawlessly, bravo to Blizzard for this one.
    Nobody is perfect. I am nobody. I am perfect.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, but i want 2 new types of raids,

I want new Ulduar like and Ahn'qiraj's like .... I am an old god fan

Stolen ... from elyssia .... mad elyssia?

Kara was indeed, a very awesome raid instance, one of the better ones Blizzard has made. Sadly, if Bliz con is any indication at all, there will never be raids like Kara again. Sure i understand their reasoning, but it certainly doesn't mean its always "better".
    We are warriors, born from the light
    An army for freedom, defenders of life
    Warriors, euphoria will rise
    Returning from darkness we bury all lies

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crush View Post
    No, but i want 2 new types of raids,

I want new Ulduar like and Ahn'qiraj's like .... I am an old god fan
    /highfive

Though i wouldnt want to see replicas of the two, more old god raids would be nice

I agree that a new Kara-like raid would be nice, I'd much rather have Ulduar or AQ40. It could be just me, but these new raids like Ruby Sanctum, Icecrown Citadel and Trial of the Crusader (ESPECIALLY ToC), are just missing something that the old ones had.

No doubt, Kara was well designed. I have an affinity to the new. I don't want something like we've had before. I want something with new looks and new feels and new mechanics. It does appear blizzard is attempting to deliver on this as awell.
    Quite often, the difference between an idiot and a genius is simply a matter of success rate.

Deleted
    I would not mind seeing Kara reused in Cataclysm as a raid. Add a couple of teleports to it, Ulduar style - and voila.

Change some of the bosses to keep up with the lore, or make a time rift (with all the magic stored in one centered location due to being a hub of leylines, and some earth devastation one could easily make that place more fucked up, besides; time aint normal in that place anyway) so that we play in it during the TBC timeline.

Inverted Kara please. That would be great to see what's lurking in the depths, perhaps even a chance to face off against some fallen council members. The atmosphere of the original was overwhelming. I especially loved the npcs/trash had things to say while fighting and dying. We don't get a lot of talkie trash anymore. Let alone an event as glorious, varied, and scripted like Opera that forces team work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    Yes because having an opinion in opposition to your opinion makes us all bastards. Great logic there.