1. #2601
    Apparently he works for NBC.

  2. #2602
    The Lightbringer draynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,870
    Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    As an aside, conscript, the Giants had the worst running game and a bottom five defense (if it wasn't also the worst) in the NFL last year. The only reason they even made the playoffs is because Manning dragged them kicking and screaming. The defense got better, but it still wasn't amazing. Not like the first SB.
    also their division was rubbish and nobody knew how to handle a pass rush, that accounts for them making the playoffs, once there they acquitted themselves rather well and earned their title though

  3. #2603
    Fluffy Kitten conscript's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Jonesville, Michigan
    Posts
    10,443
    Brees and the Saints finally got a contract done. 5 years $100 million, $40 million in year 1 and $60 million guaranteed through the first three years.

  4. #2604
    Epic! Gracin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    BFE, USA
    Posts
    1,643
    Damnit, I was just talking with someone today about Brees sitting for the season and where he could land in 2013.

  5. #2605
    Stood in the Fire Rivenda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    478
    A bit old news but seems like Bears and Forte are close to getting a deal done. http://chicago.sbnation.com/chicago-...rable-progress
    I sure as hell hope this is true and they get the deal done before deadline.
    I'm telling you guys, with a new GM/OC you better watch the Bears... /cross fingers for a medicore Oline
    Oderint dum metuat.
    Success is dependent on effort.

  6. #2606
    Fluffy Kitten conscript's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Jonesville, Michigan
    Posts
    10,443
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivenda View Post
    A bit old news but seems like Bears and Forte are close to getting a deal done. http://chicago.sbnation.com/chicago-...rable-progress
    I sure as hell hope this is true and they get the deal done before deadline.
    I'm telling you guys, with a new GM/OC you better watch the Bears... /cross fingers for a medicore Oline
    Good. They should have had that deal done a long time ago for as much as he does for that team.

  7. #2607
    Stood in the Fire Rivenda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    478
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Good. They should have had that deal done a long time ago for as much as he does for that team.
    Indeed, but if he want's money like A. Foster I can see why they don't wanna sign a LT deal. I still blame J.A. for not signing a deal long time ago... in the matter of fact I blame J.A. for everthing.
    Oderint dum metuat.
    Success is dependent on effort.

  8. #2608
    Moderator Pendulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Treno
    Posts
    13,064
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivenda View Post
    Indeed, but if he want's money like A. Foster I can see why they don't wanna sign a LT deal. I still blame J.A. for not signing a deal long time ago... in the matter of fact I blame J.A. for everthing.
    Foster's gonna have a bad year. Calling it now.

    General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

  9. #2609
    Fluffy Kitten conscript's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Jonesville, Michigan
    Posts
    10,443
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Foster's gonna have a bad year. Calling it now.
    Even if he does, Ben Tate will put up Pro Bowl numbers. Foster is good, but he is a system product just like every single guy who has ran under the system that Houston imported from Denver. Terrell Davis, Portis, Bell, Slaton, on and on have put up phenomenal numbers in that zone blocking scheme, were replaced when they got expensive and Denver/Houston enjoyed next to no drop in production.

  10. #2610
    Moderator Pendulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Treno
    Posts
    13,064
    Broncos DB Elvis Dumervil is being charged with third-degree felony charges for aggravated assault with a firearm

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...avated-assault

    Suddenly the story-less Broncos might have something on their plate. Getting rid of Tebow was supposed to kill the publicity, but this seems like a pretty big deal. No surprise his agent is sticking up for him, though I doubt there's any validation to what he said.

    General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

  11. #2611
    Fluffy Kitten Badpaladin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    ccaarrrrllllll
    Posts
    11,090
    Yikes. Fuck, my team is supposed to not have these drama queens on it!
    My Short Required Reading List: One. Two. || Last.fm

  12. #2612
    Fluffy Kitten conscript's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Jonesville, Michigan
    Posts
    10,443
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Broncos DB Elvis Dumervil is being charged with third-degree felony charges for aggravated assault with a firearm

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...avated-assault

    Suddenly the story-less Broncos might have something on their plate. Getting rid of Tebow was supposed to kill the publicity, but this seems like a pretty big deal. No surprise his agent is sticking up for him, though I doubt there's any validation to what he said.
    Yikes. Thats a good way to kill off your career and lose every dime you have ever made or will ever make as a pro athlete. He gets cut off in traffic and has to flash a gun around. What a fucking idiot.

    Forte and the Bears actually got a deal done and it was actually for a reasonable $8 million per year.

  13. #2613
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Broncos DB Elvis Dumervil is being charged with third-degree felony charges for aggravated assault with a firearm

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...avated-assault

    Suddenly the story-less Broncos might have something on their plate. Getting rid of Tebow was supposed to kill the publicity, but this seems like a pretty big deal. No surprise his agent is sticking up for him, though I doubt there's any validation to what he said.
    What the what...

    Ok... so the next news story about the Broncos is going to be positive and happy... it has to be.... ><

  14. #2614
    Fluffy Kitten conscript's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Jonesville, Michigan
    Posts
    10,443
    A little over an hour until franchise tag extension deadline. Cliff Avril of the Lions, Dwayne Bowe for the Chiefs, Ray Rice for the Ravens, and Dashon Goldson for the Niners remain unsigned to long term deals and have not agreed to sign their franchise tags meaning they could hold out into training camp.

  15. #2615
    Stood in the Fire Rivenda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    478
    Oderint dum metuat.
    Success is dependent on effort.

  16. #2616
    Fluffy Kitten conscript's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Jonesville, Michigan
    Posts
    10,443
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivenda View Post
    I look forward to the complete media explosion in Chicago when he tears his ACL in week 2.

    Ray Rice actually managed to reach a deal with the Ravens against all expectations. Wes Welker will be playing for his franchise tag as he didn't come to terms in New England.

  17. #2617
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    I look forward to the complete media explosion in Chicago when he tears his ACL in week 2.

    Ray Rice actually managed to reach a deal with the Ravens against all expectations. Wes Welker will be playing for his franchise tag as he didn't come to terms in New England.
    Not looking good for Welker's future in NE is it? He is primarily a slot receiver isn't he? Running outta room between the hashes with those draft picks and that TE duo from Outer Freaking Space.

    After that franchise tag passes this season I see him hitting free agency unless he has some amazing year.

  18. #2618
    Fluffy Kitten conscript's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Jonesville, Michigan
    Posts
    10,443
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiddi View Post
    Not looking good for Welker's future in NE is it? He is primarily a slot receiver isn't he? Running outta room between the hashes with those draft picks and that TE duo from Outer Freaking Space.

    After that franchise tag passes this season I see him hitting free agency unless he has some amazing year.
    I doubt it. Even with Gronk putting up a record season and Hernandez being great, guess who still lead the league in receptions? Wes Welker by TWENTY TWO. He was second in the NFL in yardage 112 behind Megatron. Welker is not in anyway a replaceable asset the Pats can let leave and I doubt they will. Bob Kraft is way too smart of an owner, outside of that recent weird ass Youtube audition video thing with his gold digger girlfriend (who is a 6 at best on the gold digger scale), to let Welker walk. Plus it isn't like there is a team that gives Welker a better shot at a ring except for maybe Green Bay.

  19. #2619
    Moderator Northern Goblin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cumbria, England
    Posts
    6,707
    Drama in Denver? This should be entertaining /popcorn.


    I've not been keeping up with this thread much in the offseason, especially not post draft. Are we using this for next season or starting a new thread for 2012/2013?

  20. #2620
    Moderator Pendulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Treno
    Posts
    13,064
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    Drama in Denver? This should be entertaining /popcorn.


    I've not been keeping up with this thread much in the offseason, especially not post draft. Are we using this for next season or starting a new thread for 2012/2013?
    Can just rename the thread if you want, or make a new one so this one doesn't get too big. Your decision really.

    General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •