10+ Year Old Account
    I'm fine to stick with this one if others are, just wondered if the discussion had already been had.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Wes Welker will be playing for his franchise tag as he didn't come to terms in New England.
    That means he'll still be playing for the Pats right? Losing Welker would be awful

I doubt it. Even with Gronk putting up a record season and Hernandez being great, guess who still lead the league in receptions? Wes Welker by TWENTY TWO. He was second in the NFL in yardage 112 behind Megatron. Welker is not in anyway a replaceable asset the Pats can let leave and I doubt they will. Bob Kraft is way too smart of an owner, outside of that recent weird ass Youtube audition video thing with his gold digger girlfriend (who is a 6 at best on the gold digger scale), to let Welker walk. Plus it isn't like there is a team that gives Welker a better shot at a ring except for maybe Green Bay.
    ^ There were weeks last season where Welker pretty much carried my entire Fantasy team. He doesn't get much spotlight, but he is dependable and manages to get things done.

The NHL thread is about 5x the size of this one now and doesn't have any loading issues. If it gets up to the point where there are problems with loading times like the Pony threads or the SWTOR megathread once upon a time I say we start a new one. As long as the thread functions properly might as well stick with it since it makes it easier to reference past comments people made about the draft, free agency, trades, etc.
    It's not so much about pages as about number of posts. Big threads start having issues somewhere around 80k posts in general and that is usually when we close them and make a new one

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    That means he'll still be playing for the Pats right? Losing Welker would be awful

^ There were weeks last season where Welker pretty much carried my entire Fantasy team. He doesn't get much spotlight, but he is dependable and manages to get things done.

It's not so much about pages as about number of posts. Big threads start having issues somewhere around 80k posts in general and that is usually when we close them and make a new one
    Ya Welker is still a Pat and probably will be for the forseeable future since I'm sure they will reach a deal with him next offseason. Also, pages and posts are practically just the same thing aren't they since each page has a set number of posts.

Anyone mention Dez Bryant getting in trouble, AGAIN? This time he hit his mom and got arrested. That guy, what a guy, eh? So far in his time in the league he has been sued for not paying a jeweler for hundreds of thousands of dollars in custom jewelery bought prior to ever signing a contract in the NFL, hit his mom leading to an arrest, got banned from a mall, etc. He is just such a pro. And people wonder why Dallas always has character issues. At least when Mike Irvin was doing cocaine with prostitutes they were winning lol.

Nah you can have it set to 20 posts per page or 40

And yay about Welker still being a Pat

10+ Year Old Account
    Ray Rice got a contract. That made me happy, now if only Cam Cameron gets hit by the team bus....

This season has been full of people getting into trouble, even one from one of my teams, Aldon Smith of the 49ers. However, Bryant needs to get counselling or something. He has so much talent, but at the moment it seems like such a waste on him, because so far he doesn't understand that being an NFL player doesn't give you above-the-law status. Vick thought that too, he went to jail, sure he has come out of it better, but I mean really? you waste two years in prison when you can be making millions upon millions of dollars doing something that many people would kill for an opportunity to play again.

Welker is a good WR, but when someone does shell out the big bucks for him next year, they will see that some of those numbers were helped out by being in the Pat's system. I hate the Patriots with the burning passion of a million suns, but they have an amazing staff that develops that system, it doesn't matter if you have a DT out there playing WR, he would likely still get some serious numbers because of that system.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

15+ Year Old Account
    Tim Tebow is the red zone QB for the Jets. Looking forward to the inevitable starting QB drama.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is amusing http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/...tioned-cash-in

Not to beat a dead horse, but Dallas is throwing money at Romo for a reason. I don't think it has anything to do with "clutch". I just think he's an odd situation, where a really good player gets screwed, because the numbers he puts up don't reflect the team's success. Well, if your quarterback has some of the best numbers in football, and you're losing, then what's the problem? Steven A. Smith says it (although that idiot should still stick to basketball), that Dallas blew four fourth quarter leads last year. because Tony Romo plays linebacker, it's his fault, right?

Also, no surprise here, Brett Favre is gonna be a high school coach

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/81...gh-school-fall

Here's hoping that Sanchez blows it 1-2 games into the season and just lets Tebow take over. I don't think either of them is capable of bring a championship to the Jets, but I think Tebow is more consistent. It'd be pretty genius offensive coaching to.. you know.. not throw 60 passes per game when you have a solid back in Greene.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    Here's hoping that Sanchez blows it 1-2 games into the season and just lets Tebow take over. I don't think either of them is capable of bring a championship to the Jets, but I think Tebow is more consistent. It'd be pretty genius offensive coaching to.. you know.. not throw 60 passes per game when you have a solid back in Greene.
    Well they fired Shotty and brought in Sporano who is a pretty heavy run first guy which should help. Their offense was just so fucked up last year. I had Greene on my fantasy team and you just couldn't start him after a point because you didn't know if he was going to touch the ball 20 times or 9. He carried 15 times or less in 8 games last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    This is amusing http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/...tioned-cash-in

Not to beat a dead horse, but Dallas is throwing money at Romo for a reason.
    And, as a Giants fan, I hope he stays there the rest of his career. At least I know I won't have to worry about Dallas in December any time soon.

Also, the Jets are just a mess. This season will certainly be interesting to watch.

15+ Year Old Account
    Aaron Berry from the Lions got arrested last night for three charges of assault including brandishing a weapon during the dispute. Second arrest this offseason for him, sixth or so for the Lions. You can take the thug off the streets, but you can't take the streets out of the thug.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    yikes, the Lions are becoming the Bengals of a few years ago, or the Cowboys of the 90s...
    22 miles of hard road
    33 years of tough luck
    44 skulls buried in the ground
    Crawling down through the muck
    Ah yeah...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbadxampl View Post
    yikes, the Lions are becoming the Bengals of a few years ago, or the Cowboys of the 90s...
    Nah the majority of our arrests are just for pot which shouldn't be a crime anyways. The Bengals have some hardcore criminals. The Lions still need a good dozen DUIs, letting underage kids have alcohol at your house, drug distribution, and gun possession charges to go before they even get close to the Bungles.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can take the thug off the streets, but you can't take the streets out of the thug.
    Speaking of that, Marshawn Lynch got arrested for a DUI.

I don't personally think he'll get suspended... but who knows. If anything I don't see it as being long.

15+ Year Old Account
    Aaron Berry got released by the Lions this morning. Congratulations Berry on pissing away your NFL career.

Reading SB Nation, how the hell is Visanthe Shiancoe still a free agent? That dude was good for the Vikings, a team without a QB. Visiting with the Eagles tomorrow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chad Johnson changed his name back to Chad Johnson. I say it that way because I never acknowledged his other name. The same way Ron Artest is Ron Artest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chad Johnson changed his name back to Chad Johnson. I say it that way because I never acknowledged his other name. The same way Ron Artest is Ron Artest.
    I noticed that on his twitter.

I remember the shitstorm when he changed his name, and I wasn't even following football back then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trent Richardson finally signed his deal with Cleveland. 4-year/20.4 million

Just popping in to say..
    Here we go Steelers, here we go!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I never did either. just like when Prince became "dopey-looking symbol"

Trent Richardson finally signed his deal with Cleveland. 4-year/20.4 million
    FINALLY

Quote Originally Posted by Olala View Post
    Just popping in to say..
    Here we go Steelers, here we go!
    shut up.
    22 miles of hard road
    33 years of tough luck
    44 skulls buried in the ground
    Crawling down through the muck
    Ah yeah...