10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    I think it says less about Flacco and more about the quality of QB play in the NFL right now. Flacco's numbers are ok and he has success in the playoffs because they hide him on a really good team. If Romo could win at all in December, he might be top 5 but his numbers are just across the board worse when it matters. If I had to guess why Jaws ranked his QB's this way, that would be my best one.
    So in other words, he's an idiot for ranking QB's by the rest of his team.

Flacco ahead of Romo, Ryan, Schaub, Vick, and especially Stafford is rediculous. I like Jaws but this Flacco ranking is making me wonder what the hell this guy is thinking.
    I am rather pleased Cutler is in the top 8, he seems to not get much respect for being an elite QB. Id guess Jaws would put him at #8 just because all the other guys left have Superbowl rings except for Rivers. Rivers did fall off recently so maybe he will be #8 instead. I do find Eli and Big Ben usually overrated though.

As much as I do not like the cowboys. Romo is a great QB, the only problem is he has more short comings than most QBs in the NFL. He puts up good stats but he is a horrible game manager. He foals up more critical plays then he saves.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Maybe if Tebow gets the job on the Jets, he'll look more accurate when his receivers actually know how to run routes.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...9673--nfl.html
    What the what? I feel like they just need to stop reporting on the Broncos because it feels like every time they do I find out something that just hurts my head

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    What the what? I feel like they just need to stop reporting on the Broncos because it feels like every time they do I find out something that just hurts my head
    You're talking to a Cowboys fan here, so I know that feeling. With Tebow gone and Manning there, maybe the only reports will be about how much they win. Who knows? I think Denver has a better team than Indy did when Peyton was there and playing.

The NFL rejected the appeals of the Bountygate players. No real surprise there.

You're talking to a Cowboys fan here, so I know that feeling. With Tebow gone and Manning there, maybe the only reports will be about how much they win. Who knows? I think Denver has a better team than Indy did when Peyton was there and playing.
    Actually it's the opposite - Broncos' schedule is probably the most difficult next season. A lot of analysts aren't even predicting a winning record.

The NFL rejected the appeals of the Bountygate players. No real surprise there.
    No surprise. And good, the league needs to be hard on them.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    No surprise. And good, the league needs to be hard on them.
    regardless of your opinion of the "bountygate" players (when are we going to stop adding "-gate" to everything as a shorthand for referring to news items?) does anyone else think it's pretty messed up that the guy hearing the appeals is the same guy that assigned the penalties in the first place? Roger has WAY too much power in my opinion, if there's ever gonna be a fair appeals system it HAS to be a non-biased third party.
    22 miles of hard road
    33 years of tough luck
    44 skulls buried in the ground
    Crawling down through the muck
    Ah yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by mrbadxampl View Post
    regardless of your opinion of the "bountygate" players (when are we going to stop adding "-gate" to everything as a shorthand for referring to news items?) does anyone else think it's pretty messed up that the guy hearing the appeals is the same guy that assigned the penalties in the first place? Roger has WAY too much power in my opinion, if there's ever gonna be a fair appeals system it HAS to be a non-biased third party.
    It wouldnt be a problem if the players hadnt signed this kind of deal into existence with the last CBA. It is pretty much the players association's own fault that theyre stuck with Goodell being judge jury and executioner. It was a battle of millionaires vs billionaires and the billionaires won.

edit: i know Vilma's appeal was to Goodel, but i think the other 3 had a separate arbitrator.
    Last edited by Logonov; 2012-07-04 at 05:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

"They was WATERING them. They was trying to GROW WHEELBARROWS."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logonov View Post
    It wouldnt be a problem if the players hadnt signed this kind of deal into existence with the last CBA. It is pretty much the players association's own fault that theyre stuck with Goodell being judge jury and executioner. It was a battle of millionaires vs billionaires and the billionaires won.

edit: i know Vilma's appeal was to Goodel, but i think the other 3 had a separate arbitrator.
    I love listening to Brees and Fujita among others bitch about the discipline set up. Guess who two of the highest ranking players union members were for those negotiations, oh ya, Drew Brees and Scott Fujita. If you had a problem with it then you should have been more focused on that rather than some of the other issues they fought for. Hard to complain about the terms of a contract when you are the ones who signed it. Drew Brees was in every single one of those meetings so as far as I am concerned his constant statements about it are a joke.

And what did the players expect to happen at their appeal exactly? According to Goodell's statement they presented no evidence, called no witnesses, asked zero questions of the two main investigators they requested by in the meeting.
    ''Although you claimed to have been 'wrongfully accused with insufficient evidence,' your lawyers elected not to ask a single question of the principal investigators, both of whom were present at the hearing,'' Goodell wrote in his appeal ruling. ''You elected not to testify or to make any substantive statement, written or oral, in support of your appeal; you elected not to call a single witness to support your appeal; and you elected not to introduce a single exhibit addressing the merits of your appeal. Instead, your lawyers raised a series of jurisdictional and procedural objections that generally ignore'' the collective bargaining agreement.
    Did they honestly believe that their appeals would succeed because their lawyers said the CBA is messed up?
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-07-04 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Did they honestly believe that their appeals would succeed because their lawyers said the CBA is messed up?
    It's a common tactic with appeals of all sorts, if you have no evidence that you are innocent then attack the system =/

15+ Year Old Account
    What's sad is all their lawyers really needed to ask was for Goodell and Co to provide proof that they were involved. They didn't, and tbh I don't think it would have mattered because so many people in the Saints organization fessed up to it, but atleast posing the question is better than sitting there silent like an idiot.

So yet another former Giant threw Eli under the bus a couple days ago. Amani Toomer said Tony Romo is the best QB in the division. Congrats, you sold out a team mate to promote yourself by making a Bayless-esque ridiculous statement. No idea who he works/wants to work for as a sportscaster, but it won't be in NYC.

10+ Year Old Account
    So yet another former Giant threw Eli under the bus a couple days ago. Amani Toomer said Tony Romo is the best QB in the division. Congrats, you sold out a team mate to promote yourself by making a Bayless-esque ridiculous statement. No idea who he works/wants to work for as a sportscaster, but it won't be in NYC.
    If that's all he said, I don't see the issue. Opinions are opinions, and he doesn't have to be loyal to a team he doesn't even play for anymore.

15+ Year Old Account
    If that's all he said, I don't see the issue. Opinions are opinions, and he doesn't have to be loyal to a team he doesn't even play for anymore.
    True, but cmon he's saying Romo>Eli?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evián View Post
    True, but cmon he's saying Romo>Eli?
    Do we really have to go through this again? Romo has much better stats. You can argue Manning is better, but it's nothing out of the ordinary to think that Romo is better too. Toomer isn't obligated to say anybody's better, just as you;ll never hear Dan Marino say "yeah, that Chad Henne is the best QB in the league!".

15+ Year Old Account
    Do we really have to go through this again? Romo has much better stats. You can argue Manning is better, but it's nothing out of the ordinary to think that Romo is better too. Toomer isn't obligated to say anybody's better, just as you;ll never hear Dan Marino say "yeah, that Chad Henne is the best QB in the league!".
    Personally, I think Romo is a better QB. He is just in an absolute shit situation while Manning has the fortune of playing for one of the best run teams in the sport. They are just a better team all around than the Cowboys plus they are far more stable on the sidelines. Manning is a good QB, but so is Romo. If you flopped their teams I think they both teams would have the same number of championships as they have right now. Neither or them are transcendent "only reason their team wins more than three games" type of QBs like Peyton Manning, but they are both good enough. Personal opinion, but I felt both of Manning's super bowl wins had much more to do with their great defense and a couple of all time great catches than they did with Manning carrying the team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Personally, I think Romo is a better QB. He is just in an absolute shit situation while Manning has the fortune of playing for one of the best run teams in the sport. They are just a better team all around than the Cowboys plus they are far more stable on the sidelines. Manning is a good QB, but so is Romo. If you flopped their teams I think they both teams would have the same number of championships as they have right now. Neither or them are transcendent "only reason their team wins more than three games" type of QBs like Peyton Manning, but they are both good enough. Personal opinion, but I felt both of Manning's super bowl wins had much more to do with their great defense and a couple of all time great catches than they did with Manning carrying the team.
    Second all-time in career passer rating, and he gets way too much shit.

He didn't present it as his opinion. He's trying to be a sports journalist and said it was indisputable fact. Numbers don't lie or some such bullshit. We don't have to get into this debate again, I brought up all the numbers a few pages ago. States are close, Romo's are better. Eli actually wins games.

As an aside, conscript, the Giants had the worst running game and a bottom five defense (if it wasn't also the worst) in the NFL last year. The only reason they even made the playoffs is because Manning dragged them kicking and screaming. The defense got better, but it still wasn't amazing. Not like the first SB.

Anyway, you can put up all the numbers you like, when you have a losing record in December and a 1-3 playoff record, I'll pass.

10+ Year Old Account
    He didn't present it as his opinion. He's trying to be a sports journalist
    Oh god, please tell me nobody actually wants him to work for them as a journalist.

Apparently he works for NBC.