Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    yeh servers are down !

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wait till 11 pst then check it's Tuesday morning

soo any idea on how to fix this "Launcher cannot obtain patching information" crap or do i just have to wait it out?

Quote Originally Posted by Circa View Post
    soo any idea on how to fix this "Launcher cannot obtain patching information" crap or do i just have to wait it out?
    Well, no matter what you're going to have to wait it out because the servers are offline for maintenance. After they come back up and you're still getting the problem (which I seriously doubt) then I'd start trying to find a fix. The update/patch server(s) are probably offline for maintenance or something simple like that.

Well i dont have time warner and im having the same issue...So it appears to be a blizzard issue but im sure they will come up with every reason in the book why its someone elses fault and not theirs...

Quote Originally Posted by ent0mbed View Post
    Well, no matter what you're going to have to wait it out because the servers are offline for maintenance. After they come back up and you're still getting the problem (which I seriously doubt) then I'd start trying to find a fix. The update/patch server(s) are probably offline for maintenance or something simple like that.
    Yeah didnt realize this morning they shut servers down (I think last week was just a reset) and got this error, freaked just a lil bit, and then realized it is afterall tuesday and everything is shut down. I did notice i can open the program from my wow folder just fine. just have to wait and see what happens when the servers are up
    "Mitt Romney is a lot like the band Nickelback. They sell a lot of records but I don’t know anybody that has one."

What I have noticed on this whole thread there is NO USEFULL INFORMATION just a bunch of cons complaining

Here is what Blizzard says to do........

run cmd

ipconfig /release

wait 30sec

ipconfig /renew

wait

inconfig /flushdns

If this does not work It is due to Realm being down OR Windows Firewall you accidently pressed block

Internet explorer has nothing to down with WoW's launcher or the ports it uses

If you dick around with your settings in Internet explorer change them back because whoever posted that worked has a IQ of a muskrat

Now if your problem continues to not work after realms are online Call tech support directly at 7am Pacific time to not be on hold for 5 hours with 12 year olds with "WHY IS MY CHARACTER GREEN" calling them

here is there number 1-800-592-5499

soon as you hear ladys voice press 1 then press 2 that will direct you in english to techsupport live

-TheGodfather

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice View Post
    Gonna kick this thread because it just started happening to me this morning. I was downloading the patch just fine. Got ~30MB into the 1GB download and it dropped me.

Same here this AM, had to go to work so dont know if it got 'better'. On Comcast myself

Quote Originally Posted by erebusman View Post
    same here this am, had to go to work so dont know if it got 'better'. On comcast myself
    useless information please do not post that "it happend to me" follow instructions of what i just said

And if you actually have Usefull information to the fix of this issue post it we have 2 whole pages of people saying what you said

WERE AWARE OF THE ISSUE NOW LET PEOPLE KNOW WHAT THERE DOING POST FIXES sitting there saying "mines broke" will not fix it

well at least i know why now, i was freaking out a bit because i couldnt get on, but it just seemed odd that even battlenet and the 'repair' option in the WoW folder wasn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by will5234 View Post

If you dick around with your settings in Internet explorer change them back because whoever posted that worked has a IQ of a muskrat

While this is true that IE has nothing to do with WoW ; many trojans/viruses do jack with your IE and try to induce proxy settings that interfere with your internet and / or networking. I've many times resolved customers internet related issues (even with other browsers) by resetting IE.

Its not a 'bad' thing to do; just not the primary suspect when you havent changed anything else and all of a sudden wow doesnt work.

Servers are down for maintainence until 9:00 AM (PST)

This includes launcher server, thus the error.

ohhhhhhemmmmmgeeeeee guiis this thing keps happnin to meh and its making my doggie wet himself!111111!!!1oneoneone~~````1111!!!1
    pweese help meh

Refreshing networking config is first thing they will ask if you did with tech email

Your error is your network configuration so lets START WITH A FRESH IP AND CONFIG

make sense? yes?

Blizzard will tell you to do the same thing then when you reply when your done you will wait a couple hours for the next step from them in email

But 99.9% sure that it has to do with refreshing AT&T realm updates they do this twice a year where they drop the tracer to blizz downloaders and updates for full update

Also Time Warner Costomers are having serious issues with connections and making positive syncs with blizzard realms (AT&T)

it wont let me post the forum link because this website has it disabled

Good to know i'm not alone. I can't get what I assume is this new patch to start downloading. half of the time i get an internet connection error when i'm connected just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by music616 View Post
    Good to know i'm not alone. I can't get what I assume is this new patch to start downloading. half of the time i get an internet connection error when i'm connected just fine.
    thanks for your technical input of this issue

I know it has been a good, long while since we had a full-out maintenance day. With the holidays and such it has been mostly resets.

I am pretty sure that Blizz has taken all the servers (game realms, log-in, authentication, patch, etc) down for maintenance. That is why it is the 8 hour maintenance and not the 6 hour like normal.

Keep your shirts on and put away your tin foil hats. The sky is not falling, this is not the end of the world (of Warcraft), the sun will come out tomorrow, and all will be fine after 11AM PST (or whenever they decide to extend maintenance).

I promise you all, we will make it through this together.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by will5234 View Post
    What I have noticed on this whole thread there is NO USEFULL INFORMATION just a bunch of cons complaining

Here is what Blizzard says to do........

run cmd

ipconfig /release

wait 30sec

ipconfig /renew

wait

inconfig /flushdns

If this does not work It is due to Realm being down OR Windows Firewall you accidently pressed block

Now if your problem continues to not work after realms are online Call tech support directly at 7am Pacific time to not be on hold for 5 hours with 12 year olds with "WHY IS MY CHARACTER GREEN" calling them

here is there number 1-800-592-5499

soon as you hear ladys voice press 1 then press 2 that will direct you in english to techsupport live

-TheGodfather
    Tried this, it didn't work and my firewall settings are fine, so that verifies that we all are just gonna need to wait until 11 PST to be able to get the patch downloaded. Sorry guys.

I tried the ipconfig stuff and it doesn't work for me either. I think we'll just have to wait Sad but true

Quote Originally Posted by NytWolf View Post
    I'm getting this problem this morning but I have a feeling it is blizzard's servers. I'm online and functioning fine except WoW. Even the repair says it cannot connect to blizzard's servers.
    Well this thread is from early november, but yes the error from today is most likely due to all of blizz's services being offline. Can't even log into the official site last I tried today.