Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Alliance Twilight Highlands intro

ok i saw this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcBNj...eature=related and i have been looking at the alliance intro videos ofd that zone only found flintlocke intro is this even in game or was it discarded?

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eillas View Post
    ok i saw this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcBNj...eature=related and i have been looking at the alliance intro videos ofd that zone only found flintlocke intro is this even in game or was it discarded?
    It was scrapped, IIRC. And yes, that is friggin stupid, since that was the best intro ever :P

Wow i can't believe they would scrap it

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah the newer one is disappointing, a glorified flight path. A bit crap compared to the epicness of the Horde one.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is one of the most disappointing changes in the game for me, and I don't even play Alliance (currently).

The old introduction was nothing short of amazing.

The new one is just stupid.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait what?
    Alliance had an intro to twilight highlands involving FLINTLOCKE!? (I know he's in the zone but the intro involving him I did not know)

And...

THEY SCRAPPED IT!?

Now that's just bad decision making.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    Wait what?
    Alliance had an intro to twilight highlands involving FLINTLOCKE!? (I know he's in the zone but the intro involving him I did not know)

And...

THEY SCRAPPED IT!?

Now that's just bad decision making.
    No, THAT is the current intro. He just takes you there. The old intro was a huge naval battle, and that was just as epic as the Horde one, but it looks like they scrapped it. And that is fucking lame

---------- Post added 2010-11-11 at 09:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Yeah the newer one is disappointing, a glorified flight path. A bit crap compared to the epicness of the Horde one.
    Agree with you and Simca. This is why I QQ about stuff, not because of quests. Why scrap this intro? It makes no sense, and this would show Varian isn't an angry raging munchkin. I remember people told me "Lol, it's Beta, calm down". Heck, I even remember who said so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTKF View Post
    No, THAT is the current intro. He just takes you there. The old intro was a huge naval battle, and that was just as epic as the Horde one, but it looks like they scrapped it. And that is fucking lame [COLOR="red"]
    Ah ok. Well if you put it that way... still want flintlocke! They could just continue with making the flight more epic!

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    Ah ok. Well if you put it that way... still want flintlocke! They could just continue with making the flight more epic!
    Yea, right now he flies and once you go past the Trade District he uses a turbo thingy and bam! you faint and when you wake up you are in TH. Yes, it's that shitty.

Horde Gets a bad ass intro where they fly in on zepplins fighting twilight dragons and we get flintlocke that is soooooo great

10+ Year Old Account
    WHAT? I can't believe they scrapped this awesome intro...

Who ever said to scrap this needs to share what they are smoking

The boat ride was never actually in the game, it's not like it was removed, so i don't know why people are saying they scrapped it. The intro they have now is probably just a placeholder til the boat one is finished.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wonktnodi View Post
    The boat ride was never actually in the game, it's not like it was removed, so i don't know why people are saying they scrapped it. The intro they have now is probably just a placeholder til the boat one is finished.
    Are you for serious? Dude, we have 3 weeks 'till Cata ships. The Flintlocke intro is the one we'll get, oh and before you say "Beta is Beta"... This intro was out for 4 months, if they wanted to change it, they would've done so.

@Surafang: I agree with you, it sounded great, sadly it seems it was scrapped Sad day, it would've been great for allies to see it.

Although going STRICTLY by the current quests, it wouldn't have made so much sense. You see, when we (Allies) arrive in TH, it's on the part where Horde (From the Krazzworks) are sieging Highbank in retaliation for our attack to the Krazzworks, and because they need the "Induction Samophlange" or something to improve it. So in the current questing zone, Horde arrive earlier to convince the Dragonmaw to join them.

Now, this could've been changed, and it would've made more sense if both factions arrived at the same time, but I guess Blizz didn't want to do the extra work. Why? No idea, but I hated to see this happen for us Alliance, since it would've shown people who don't read WoW novels (Like me, but I check the forums for that) that Varian is actually level headed. On the other hand, our prequests have a lot of interesting stuff, but what is remembered isn't "Fight Major Samuelson" no... It'll be the "Get of my ship!" intro the Horde get... Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTKF View Post
    Are you for serious? Dude, we have 3 weeks 'till Cata ships. The Flintlocke intro is the one we'll get, oh and before you say "Beta is Beta"... This intro was out for 4 months, if they wanted to change it, they would've done so.
    Two words: Worgen Female

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorzon View Post
    Two words: Worgen Female
    Uhhh, what? They are already playable, when was the last time they were changed, mate? A month and a half ago?

I guess thing can change, but have you seen any big changes? Because I haven't.
    Last edited by JohnnyTKF; 2010-11-12 at 02:20 AM.

Remember alliance should feel under attack and throughout the expansion and like the underdogs. This time for once the horde has the army and forces while the alliance had all of men, and the upperhand in wotlk .

I'd honestly be very surprised if they didn't release it in the retail, even if it doesn't appear in beta. The voice acting is already not only recorded, but in the game files. I can't think of a precedent or example of a case where they'd scrapped so much work already in data. Mechanically boats operate the same way as zeppelins in terms of work and effort. So other than sheer laziness it doesn't seem possible.

I'd always interpreted the Samualson chain and Flintlocke trip as an interlude in questing in the Highlands. Especially as, from what I've heard, the Horde do something similar in rooting out their own traitor in Orgrimmar before returning to the rebuilt and improved dragonmaw port.

Deleted
    This sounds so much better than that flying thing O.o im Horde and this sounds badass and alliance should get one seeing as hordes is pretty epic

I prefer the Flintlocke trip. I will be leveling a Worgen and a Goblin and I would like the introductions to actually be different in place instead of the same thing on both sides.