Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    12 episodes, 2 recap movies (that you don't even really need to watch mind you), and a movie not released in the US yet, and 0 OVAs. How did you draw that up to being a ridiculously over exaggerated number like that?
    ok, i exaggerated (could you tell!). I feel like people spend way too much time on that series though. just outside things like looking at art, waiting for annoucements, etc... so saying you can't use some of that time to watch one of the best animes ever made is kind of sad. to me.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    ok, i exaggerated (could you tell!). I feel like people spend way too much time on that series though. just outside things like looking at art, waiting for annoucements, etc... so saying you can't use some of that time to watch one of the best animes ever made is kind of sad. to me.
    What's the big deal though? If people enjoy something then they have every right to do that stuff. And maybe they just don't want to watch that anime, why does that automatically mean they were too busy with Madoka stuff to watch something else?

Best anime ever is also subjective.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    What's the big deal though? If people enjoy something then they have every right to do that stuff. And maybe they just don't want to watch that anime, why does that automatically mean they were too busy with Madoka stuff to watch something else?

Best anime ever is also subjective.
    omg the subjective boner popping out of this is just too much for me to take. anime fans always got their dicks too far up their eye sockets.

http://myanimelist.net/topanime.php
    #15 Hajime no Ippo
    #39 Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica

also because i read these forums a lot. I should really jsut stop posting on the anime thread because i hate myself.
    Last edited by bals; 2013-11-11 at 06:46 AM.

that list is totally not even close with my own x; also i watched alot of sports anime and read alot of mangas and still never got to like hajime no ippo ^^
    also i never understood the madoka hype train... i thought the anime was a solid 4.5/5 but not more not less ;X

p.s Full Metal Panic still best anime of all time!

Anime-List
    Hearthstone: Inngrimsch #2408
    Steam
    LoL

Glad you're enthusiastic about an anime bals, but raging about how people aren't talking about your series is hardly conducive to conversation. I mean, my favorite series lurks at a 7.66 rating on MAL and doesn't get a lot of mention while series that I think are basically trash are the talk of the town. It can get annoying, but there are better ways of making that feeling known.

Rather than assault your audience with insults you could note what is good about Hajime no Ippo and why you think it's not appreciated enough. Thus far all I know about it is that it's about boxing, it's ranked 15 on MAL, and a guy that I don't know anything about is an ardent fan. You don't have to go write a full series review (why are you giving me that funny look?), but just expounding on a positive quality is better than saying it's "good" and leaving it at that.

I gave Madoka an 8/10. I think I would of enjoyed it a lot more if I went in knowing absolutely nothing about it and hadn't had it hyped so hard that my expectations were so high. Same thing happened with Steins; Gate. Went in expecting the most amazing anime ever if you're to believe the massive hype it has, and was a little disappointed when I finished it. Gave it an 8/10 as well. Steins; Gate was definitely a bigger let down than Madoka though. I REALLY wanted to like Steins; Gate as much as everyone else seemed too, but it just didn't quite do it for me unfortunately. I need to rewatch that show. I ended up taking forever to finish it and I imagine that certainly didn't help my view on it either.

On another note, I finished rewatching Sukite Il na yo yesterday. It definitely lends itself to marathoning more so than the weekly format I originally watched it in. A lot of the issues that really bugged me seemed to be less of a problem since I was able to watch multiple episodes. It's too bad I couldn't of originally experienced it this way. I know I would of ended up liking it even more being able to watch it for the first time and marathon it rather than when it was currently airing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    my favorite series lurks at a 7.66 rating on MAL
    Which series is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    Which series is that?
    Gunslinger Girl (first season only).

It has a truly unfortunate name because it gives the impression of an over the top loli romp with guns, but that's about as far from the realty of the show as you can get. It's a melancholy drama, although not in the usual sense: it's not about the plot or dramatic things happening, but a slower contemplative piece on the relationships and the brutal mismatch between what should be and what is. These are then reinforced by excellent art direction for the existential mood and a classical sound track that captures the setting and emotions brilliantly.

Short example:

Edit: I can go on in greater detail but unless somebody wants to know it I think I'll just leave it at the above statement for now.
    Last edited by Neichus; 2013-11-11 at 08:48 AM.

[url=http://myanimelist.net/anime/134/Gunslinger_Girl]Gunslinger Girl

I've been meaning to watch that show for the longest time. I've always either been watching something else and didn't want to start another show, or I just wasn't in the mood for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this post is a bit outdated...to moderators if you're seeing highly suggest you set up sub forums...1001 pages of threads is a bit too much... -_-"

Quote Originally Posted by Baggio View Post
    I think this post is a bit outdated...to moderators if you're seeing highly suggest you set up sub forums...1001 pages of threads is a bit too much... -_-"
    It's not like you're required to read every page. If you like this thread just follow along from where it is now. And a bunch of different sub threads would kill discussion. There's not nearly enough posters for that and I think how things currently are is the best way of doing things. I know this thread is definitely my favorite place for discussing anime.

Glad you're enthusiastic about an anime bals, but raging about how people aren't talking about your series is hardly conducive to conversation. I mean, my favorite series lurks at a 7.66 rating on MAL and doesn't get a lot of mention while series that I think are basically trash are the talk of the town. It can get annoying, but there are better ways of making that feeling known.

Rather than assault your audience with insults you could note what is good about Hajime no Ippo and why you think it's not appreciated enough. Thus far all I know about it is that it's about boxing, it's ranked 15 on MAL, and a guy that I don't know anything about is an ardent fan. You don't have to go write a full series review (why are you giving me that funny look?), but just expounding on a positive quality is better than saying it's "good" and leaving it at that.
    I know my jimmies just get a little too rustled. Just bothersome when people just immediately dismiss something though despite high praise.

Deleted
    Gunslinger Girl (first season only).

It has a truly unfortunate name because it gives the impression of an over the top loli romp with guns, but that's about as far from the realty of the show as you can get. It's a melancholy drama, although not in the usual sense: it's not about the plot or dramatic things happening, but a slower contemplative piece on the relationships and the brutal mismatch between what should be and what is. These are then reinforced by excellent art direction for the existential mood and a classical sound track that captures the setting and emotions brilliantly.

Short example:
    [video=youtube;GEyRseg6iP0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEyRseg6iP0[video]

Edit: I can go on in greater detail but unless somebody wants to know it I think I'll just leave it at the above statement for now.
    Gunslinger Girl is one of my very, very top series as well. Our tastes may be different, but I see we agree on what takes the top. ^.^

I have watched it long ago, so it is not possible for me to explain what is it that moved me so much in detail - but there are several scenes simply impossible to forget, ones that impact you like a sledgehammer on the groin. Angelica's death in the last episode or Rico shooting the boy witness in the hotel are good examples of those.

You're not supposed to read the whole thread history. This is a chat thread so it's fine really.

omg the subjective boner popping out of this is just too much for me to take. anime fans always got their dicks too far up their eye sockets.
    You mean like you're doing and have been doing? The person didn't read it because they thought it was too long, really who gives a shit? Why does this make you so upset?

also lol MAL ratings, okay brother. It is still subjective.

And as far as I could tell, you're the one who drug Madoka into this, Asetotti said nothing about it, but you went ahead assuming stupid shit based on nothing but their signature. That would be like all of us being like, "OH TYPICAL BRONY GETTING BUTTHURT HU."

Long and short, no one has to like what you like, or watch it. They don't like long anime, this shouldn't bother you like it does. I know personally I'm not a big fan of giant huge long series myself, only because I can't seem to even finish short ones anymore.
    Last edited by Digglett; 2013-11-11 at 05:16 PM.

Deleted
    Gotta agree with Digglett here, I don't like long anime either so I generally avoid watching anything with more than 100 episodes, unless I start watching it from episode 1-25~

Deleted
    Yup, not into long series at all any more. Hunter X Hunter is my top anime of all time, yet even I refuse to rewatch the series from scratch with the new animation.

Also, the longer a series is, the more an "Invested Bias" builds up and the less objective your opinion is expected to be.

With so many anime series out there, past and present, that time can be invested in many ways.

So, don't be surprised if someone brushes off a very casual opinion on long series (more than 26 episodes), if they too have not watched even a few episodes of it.
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2013-11-11 at 05:34 PM.

@squeeze i hope u are aware that they already are in a new arc that wasnt animated before ;P also they added a few episodes here and there to keep it closer to the manga and avoid the skips they had in the first anime (also i watched both and still liked it xD)

on a side note we should never forget that taste is subjective so only because some people dont like something it dosent mean its bad or the other way arround

p.s: i do like long animes but i usually started watching them when they started airing so no problem with the ongoing ones ;X

Anime-List
    Hearthstone: Inngrimsch #2408
    Steam
    LoL

10+ Year Old Account
    No, considering it's essentially an anime chat thread. Which is why it's in the chat forum that was created due to all the well, chat stuff.

Plus, only admins can make a subforum, you'd have to bother Bibi/chaud for that.
    Considering a new subforum just for anime is also going to invite a lot of trolls also. Not to mention that this thread isn't really that active in comparison to other chat threads at points.

Deleted

http://myanimelist.net/topanime.php
    #15 Hajime no Ippo
    #39 Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica

also because i read these forums a lot. I should really jsut stop posting on the anime thread because i hate myself.
    Funny how you complain that someone says whether something is good or bad is subjective, and then proceed to link MAL ratings. Which are what? Nothing but opinions of multiple people compressed into a single number.
    Not to mention you cannot just say something is "good". "Good" means absolutely nothing when describing something as a whole, just like "deep" doesn't. What exactly in it is good, and why do you think it's good is a more constructive opinion already.

You're also a hypocrite for raging at someone because they aren't watching your favourite anime, yet you haven't bothered to watch Madoka at all.

I actually have watched it (not the movies). Hajime no ippo probably isn't even my personal favourite, I just think way too many people brush it off for no reason. I shouldn't have got so butthurt though.
    Last edited by bals; 2013-11-11 at 06:51 PM.