Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Vashj'ir Vs Mount Hyjal

So, Beta ppl out there. What will be the fastest to level in? Mount Hyjal or Vashj'ir?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's pretty much the same. I did Vashj'ir, and it was very fast. A mate of mine did Hyjal, and it was pretty much equally fast.

Might as well do both

Mount Hyjal is the fastest really. i gonna do both, but Vash'jir in level 85.

Deleted
    I found Hyjal to be faster and more enjoyable, Vashj'ir is such a huge zone and swimming around isn't my cup of tea.

Im doing Hyjal first, but thats because I'm a lore junkie and wanna see Malfurion!

I did Vash before the chang that made each level require less xp on beta.
    Went to 82 in Vash and only did 2/3 of the zone.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm doing both I don't care.

I would think Hyjal would be faster based on the fact that its like half the size so therefore the questing more than likely to be closer together, IMO. I'm not in the Beta, but Vashj'ir is a bigass zone...sure we get underwater mounts but still, its going to take awhile to get around I think. Doesn't bother me too much I guess, I will be doing both zones at one point or another.

I am massively excited for Hyjalto be quite honest.

I loved that area ever since Vanilla haha. I miss being able to scale the walls to access it and then jumping down to land in darkshore hehe
    The past is gone, now is all there is.

Enjoy reading reviews on video games and other fun stuff? Check out my site Updated when I have time!
    http://snipersedge.blogspot.com

Chances are that Vashj'ir is going to be less crowded at launch. Apparently the entry quest is a tad tougher to find? Anyway, people dislike underwater and will most likely opt for the easier route.

...Although everyone may be thinking this and Hyjal could end up empty.

Vashj'ir has a couple of quests where there are either named mobs with stupid spawn rates are mobs where only 3-4 of them spawn. What does this mean? Those few quests are going to suck majorly hard on a high population server... They were already a massive pain on the beta, and I joined the beta very late.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably going Hyjal than Vashj'ir, but in a row on my crawl to 85. I'll wait and see though, if Hyjal is just too overcrowded, I'm willing to go Vashj'ir first.
    The goddess in my avatar is Hayley Williams.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warsaw, Poland, Europe, Earth, The Milky Way
    I'm starting with Vashj'ir, because:
    1) IMO it's prettier
    2) Underwater mount
    3) Has an instance (Hyjal does not, at least not before 4.1)
    Quote Originally Posted by kamikaze148 View Post
    One cannot simply walk into Mulgore...

Hyjal and Vasj'ir are about equally fast, but i very much prefer Hyjals quests!
    What I did was Clear Hyjal, then quest in Vasj'ir untill i was lvl 83 Directly onwards to Uldum to clear the place, and finish off in TwilHil

Deleted
    Both zones are fairly decent, but for me Hyjal didn't have the wow factor of Vashir. Once you get your seahorse mount, travelling round vashjir is pretty painless. It also seemed a bit more involving the Hyjal, although Hyjal was definately a bit faster in terms of levelling imo.

Hyjal is a cool zone with a decent quest arc, but vashjir was mind blowing. The first time I saw Nespirah and the sunken city I nearly had to change my pants and the zone was so huge. But basicly any opinion here will be subjective and both are good zones with better questing content than anything seen so far (DK starting zone included ).

I also found helping the shamans of the Earthen Ring more rewarding than helping some night elves and their moose leader... but again, opinion is opinion.
    Last edited by mmoc53a5d0407d; 2010-11-17 at 09:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did the 10first quests in Vashj'ir to get the mount, then to Mount Hyjal.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna go with Vashj'ir because it's probably gonna be less crowded at the start. And i think that all the starting quests for a area is in like the trade district in stormwind if i'm not mistaken?...

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    As stated above; when you get the seahorse Vash'jir doesn't feel that big anymore. And overall from my experiences I actually preferred Vash'jir but that boils down to personal preferences. But yeah, Hyjal is going to be crowded compared to Vash'jir.

Deleted
    You can't fight other people in the air, but you can underwater. And you can CC people who are using the seahorse mount. The glyph of entangling roots is going to be my new best friend.

So definitely Vash'Jir > Hyjal for me.
    Last edited by mmoc3b5baf071b; 2010-11-17 at 10:41 AM.