Poll: Who is the best healer

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

According to Lore, who should be the best healer ?

I was just wondering who should potentially be the best healer according to lore, what's your thoughts ?
    {broken sig link}

druid the best nature healer
    priest for mortals

me thinks

Velen? possible tyrande if she really has the blessing of elune.

Well Velen = Priest, Malfurion = druid, Thrall = Shaman and Tirion = Paladin...out of these I would say Velen (Priest) is the best healer.

Deleted
    Priest, tbh anyone who votes differently doesnt no lore therefore shouldnt vote XD

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Priests, I would imagine. They are dedicated healers lorewise whereas the others can, but it's not their only focus.

Deleted
    This is my view and not a reason to start a flame war

I say priests but only because of Tyrande being given the power to heal anything and her own version of pally bubble from elune during the war of the ancients.

You can't kill me and i can heal anything seems tad OP although as far as i know only Tyrande can do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tesk View Post
    Priest, tbh anyone who votes differently doesnt no lore therefore shouldnt vote XD
    I know my lore.

Tell me exactly where it says priests are the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Visen View Post
    Priests, I would imagine. They are dedicated healers lorewise whereas the others can, but it's not their only focus.
    Shadow priests.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if people didn't put Paladins because secretly everyone wants Paladins to be Blue Rage Warriors?
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

Deleted
    either Velen or Tyrande.. so druid or priest

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Biston View Post
    I wonder if people didn't put Paladins because secretly everyone wants Paladins to be Blue Rage Warriors?
    DK have that roll

Shadow priests technically are not "lore". The spec was added to give Priests an easier leveling experience.
    Priests should be the most powerful healers, because they heal directly. Druids and shamans use nature (basically herbalism) to heal. Paladin healing is an off-shoot of Priests.

---------- Post added 2010-11-17 at 12:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhoodexe View Post
    either Velen or Tyrande.. so druid or priest
    Neither of those are druids. They're both Priests...

Quote Originally Posted by Aeriel View Post
    Shadow priests technically are not "lore". The spec was added to give Priests an easier leveling experience.
    Priests should be the most powerful healers, because they heal directly. Druids and shamans use nature (basically herbalism) to heal. Paladin healing is an off-shoot of Priests.
    The reason for shadow priest is because undead priests couldn't heal but only used shadow. To make it find into an MMO scene they gave all priests holy, shadow and disc

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say priests.

In game Paladins are more defined by their strength and acts of virtue. Most druid lore revolves around the emerald dream and most shamans are noted for their use of elementals and totems etc.

Priests are more recognised as healers, such as the cathedral in stormwind, Tyrande and the temple of the moon etc. It's only killable non-talk to npcs that are shadow that I can remember.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Shadow priests.
    In lore only forsaken are shadow priests aint they? thats why in vanilla they had devouring plague as there priest racial?

Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    Velen? possible tyrande if she really has the blessing of elune.
    What amazing feats of healing has Velen performed? He is a prophet, known for his visions of the future.

And Tyrande is best known for her combat prowess, not healing abilities.

Healing is, for the most part, a topic rarely even mentioned in lore. And a specific person being gifted in the arts does not make an entire class they supposedly represent better than the others. Most of the lore NPCs named so far don't fall under the label of the classes we play. Velen, though dressed as a priest and reverer of the light, was once a mage. Tyrande, though labeled a priestess, is as much a hunter. And even Thrall, though clearly a shaman, has a great deal of warrior in him.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeriel View Post
    Because chain heal is herbalism? All the healers use magic; priests and paladins somehow call on the divine to miraculously heal, while shamans and druids manipulate nature. It's all direct healing, it's just achieved through different avenues.

I'd have to go with priest or paladin, though. Miracles > nature. Even though my main is a resto shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadfuert View Post
    In lore only forsaken are shadow priests aint they? thats why in vanilla they had devouring plague as there priest racial?
    Trolls can be shadow priests also.

So can eredar, but they don't count anyway...

Tyrande is probably known as the best healer in lore. In the War of the Ancients she is able to heal wounds that no one else can, all the other priestesses of the moon, Tauren and Furbolg shamans, and Earthen healers, couldn't compare. She also was able to summon a protective shield around herself that no one in the burning legion including archimonde could break.

Malfurion was able to heal Korialstrasz from near death, but required stealing the life from all the surrounding plant and wildlife to do so. Something Tyrande probably could have done with no casualties.

Although Velen is powerful, its still hard to gauge him, in Cataclysm Alliance gets a quest where you have to have to help a Lost One feel the Light again before dying, after trying everything, Velen shows up and infuses him with the Light before he passes on.

Having read all the novels, RPG Books, mangas, and comic books, I would have to say:

Tyrande.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezpalulaj View Post
    Because chain heal is herbalism? All the healers use magic; priests and paladins somehow call on the divine to miraculously heal, while shamans and druids manipulate nature. It's all direct healing, it's just achieved through different avenues.

I'd have to go with priest or paladin, though. Miracles > nature. Even though my main is a resto shaman.
    I said "essentially" shaman heals use the spirits of nature to heal, while druids use the physical. Shamans ask the spirits of water to heal for them, and druids ask the plants around them to heal. Unless communication is a magical medium, they do not really use magic to heal. My main is a shadow priest (I hate to heal), but I've had a shaman since Vanilla.