10+ Year Old Account

A question for Classis WoW players

I just wanted to ask, were there silithid hives in the barrens, feralas, un'goro, etc. before Ahn'Qiraj events? Did they appeared in some patch and slowly grew or were they there all along, and Azeroth just wasn't aware of how great threat was?
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

10+ Year Old Account
    they were patched into the game iirc, and started spawning immediately after patch maintenence. and they werent really 'hives' per se, they were these giant crystals that, when broken open by forces unknown to us, started spawning huge guards and other creatures, it was really na amazing event, you should go you-tube it

Deleted
    Yeah but i think he is talking about the big hives, the ones with questes in em, and as far as i know they have allways been there, i am almost 100% sure they where there before AQ opening...

Yes, those hives were all there pre-AQ

They were all there, pre AQ, I remember doing them on my first char (a hunter) and being really pissed off that I couldn't track them.

Gah the evil hive quests! I don't think they were always in Feralas. At least I don't remember them there but it is possible I just chose not to do those.

Also after the gates were open more was added to Silithus. Like they added the pvp part of it.

I believe they existed in the other zones besides silithus, I'm not sure if some hives existed in different forms in silithus or not but they were patched in their current form for AQ. I remember on my first character seeing the hives in Feralas and tanaris.

There were hives in Un'goro, Tanaris and Feralas before the AQ event, but Silithus was a totally different zone prior to the AQ opening.

Yeah, I hated those ones in Un'goro. They seemed so far away being at the bottom of the map from the questgivers/FP.
    Congratulations, your mind has been expanded.

Everything apart from what is now in Silithus existed prior to the AQ patch. I think the purpose was to demonstrate the encroaching problem of the qiraji / silithid assault, a more obvious foreshadowing than the ground shaking occasionally.

Blizzard likes to do this a lot with things that they're going to release in the future but haven't gotten around to yet; Prior to Wrath, even before the zombie invasion / necropolis invasion, there were dwarven engineers in Stormwind getting ready to blow up a wall in the Canal district to make room for the future harbor, and goblins erecting the foundation of what is now the Zeppelin tower to Warsong Hold and Thunderbluff. The hives were just more integrated into player leveling.
    Last edited by Keylogger Sheriff; 2010-11-18 at 05:27 PM.