I’m a little confused.... (spell spam)

BEFORE WE START!
    Please for the love of god don't make this a troll thread or anything stupid like that. I just want some clarity =)

Not too long ago Ghostcrawler posted this on the main page:

"Rather than choosing the right tool, everyone picked a spell such as Power Word: Shield, Flash of Light or Rejuv, and just used that spell. Over and over. We think a cornerstone of good game play is making interesting decisions. When your toolbox is too small (because the expensive or slow spells are immediately discarded as tools) then you are making fewer interesting decisions."

I'm still getting used to the new healing style (trust me I'm not a fan of the 2 second cast times on the "goto" spell, hopefully at 85 its better) but I have a druid and priest, both I enjoy yet it seems that on my druid "spaming" rejuv is more then efficient to keep people alive and on my Priest (disc) all I seem to cast is PW:S and then spam the hell out of smite...

So my questions are:
    Can the spaming problem never be removed from the game cause there will always be that one spell that stands out?
    Or is this just a phase cause we are not in end game content?

PLEASE can someone shed some light on this subject.

PW:S isn't used the same way on beta as it is on live and you shouldn't be a fan of the "goto" spell at 80 because it's relatively useless :P In regular 5 mans while lvling on beta I use smite spec and inner focus flashes as well as POH, there isn't a ton to heal in the lower few dungeons. As for heroics and raids you won't find yourself just using any one spell trust me....

Deleted
    It is my understanding that the whole point of alot of healing changes is so people wouldn't have these go-to buttons and just spam the same thing over and over but have choices and is the thing really drawing me into healing in Cata. I dunno what all the moaning is about personally.

Also, yaaay first post.

Quote Originally Posted by Walice View Post
    It is my understanding that the whole point of alot of healing changes is so people wouldn't have these go-to buttons and just spam the same thing over and over but have choices and is the thing really drawing me into healing in Cata. I dunno what all the moaning is about personally.

Also, yaaay first post.
    Grats on your first post buddy, but it wasn't very helpful.
    I'm asking if the spaming problem has been resolved or is the only thing thats changed is the spell that you spam. No moaning, no sooking. just a simple question.

Also at blizzcon and many post around the web, the goto spell is still there. Blizzard them selves stated this ak: Heal, Nourish, Healing surge thingy.... and so on

Quote Originally Posted by hamish015 View Post
    Grats on your first post buddy, but it wasn't very helpful.
    I'm asking if the spaming problem has been resolved or is the only thing thats changed is the spell that you spam. No moaning, no sooking. just a simple question.

Also at blizzcon and many post around the web, the goto spell is still there. Blizzard them selves stated this ak: Heal, Nourish, Healing surge thingy.... and so on
    You still have a go-to spell, but it's not the only thing you're going to be using. i.e. Priests will use Heal as their cheap heal, inefficient heal (I guess, probably badly worded.) But no, you're not going to be stuck using that same thing. There won't be so much spamming as there is weaving in of different spells for different situations.

Cheers for the help guys. Guess I'll just have to take your word on it and wait till 85 -_-

After a recent heroic on the beta with my holy priest I had 19 entries in my recount healing log. Sure, a few of those were passives like Echoes of Light, Glyph of Prayer of Healing etc (I think Spirit of Redemption "heals" one hp too), but really, the only spell I didn't use at all was Holy Word: Sanctuary.

It's worth noting that right now you spam abilities since the encounters you're doing are tuned with the WotLk healing "toolbox" in mind. With that said, your new rotations for healing in Cata will work much better since that content is made to work with the new healing rotations.

They have gone along way to making healing not being a simple spamfest. Basically in Cata it will be really difficult to be a good healer and just spam one spell because any spell you would likely do that with will make you go oom too fast. However, there probably will always be people who want to get away with spaming one button and won't stop.

For priests yes Heal is our go to spell... but you won't be able to heal just using that. There will be situations where you have to chose if that spell or a different one would work better in the situation.

In a perfect world all spells had an equal purpose and was used an equal amount of time on all encounters.. but this is a game, so yeah it's not perfect there will most likely be some fights where all you do is shield/smite(though that shouldn't really be the way to heal raids tbh)