Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    If he's talking about the requirements for metas changing then he should probably say he's annoyed by the changes to the metas in his post. Not that he's annoyed that split gems count as two colors. When that's not a change and has existed since the beginning of Burning freaking Crusade.

As for the meta requirements, it's an easy fix if you know half of what you're doing.

Step 1. : Reforge your hit to haste (until capped) or crit.
    Step 2. Gem straight hit (blue gem now) in blue sockets.
    Step 3. Watch as your meta magically works again.

Wow. That was so freaking hard. Like, for realz yo.

People have been griping about his change now for weeks and it's not even news. And it's not going to "OMG GIMP MAH MAD DEEPZ YO WTFBBQ". You'll lose, at most, what...100 spellpower? Yeah....seriously, people. The sky isn't falling. Stop acting like Chicken Littles.
    Exactly, it 'forces' people to use forging and gemming to optimize their stats instead of just gemming straight red gems in all but two slots.

---------- Post added 2010-11-23 at 06:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    You need to put a blue or green gem for every red or orange gem in your gear, plus the additional blue you mentioned. So if you have a yellow socket, and used a orange gem, you also need a blue/green gem to get that fixed.
    This requesite is simply retarded.
    Retarded because it requires you to think about it for 5 minutes instead of just stacking all red gems? This isn't a bad thing you know, because the loss in overall stats is minimal at best while making people actually think about their gemming and forging options.

Deleted
    the metagem requirement sucks, because you cannot gem your mainstat, which is red (int, str or agi).
    with high end gear you have too much sockets and with low end gear you haven't got enough crit.
    the meta isn't worth its gem requirements in both cases.
    you loose too much of your mainstat and reforging doesn't change anything about this.

For warlocks, this means some of your int turns into hit.

Quote Originally Posted by sicness View Post
    Retarded because it requires you to think about it for 5 minutes instead of just stacking all red gems? This isn't a bad thing you know, because the loss in overall stats is minimal at best while making people actually think about their gemming and forging options.
    Let's take a look at the EJ Stat values for p.e. elemental shamans:
    Stats' DPS value:
    Intellect 2.88
    Crit rating 1.36
    Haste rating 1.99
    Mastery rating 2.32
    Spell Power 2.24

So meaning the best reachable non red stat for elemental shamans is haste, and it is 30% worse than our main stat. So I have to think about a way, how to lose the least of my dps values to get a new requesite which wasn't there yesterday - but it is a loss nontheless.

I wouldn't mind if this was the requesite for the lvl 85 version if this gem, when you have new gear to socket - but to change it now retroactively is retarded.

no just retarded cause it's not able to justify the requirements
    on beta i had much more stats profit from taking another meta as ret pally ( lets say the +crit and stun or fear reduction one ) as i would have had from taking the +crit and +crit damage , the stun/fear one is like 1 blue and 1 yellow gem which is 10 times more logical then " more blue then red gems "

Who really cares.. you lose .05% DPS for 2 weeks. For the life of me, I can't imagine why anyone would buy epic gems at this point. In 2 week, there is going to be green quality gems that have more stats and every tom-dick-harry is going to be making them in order to level their skill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caninepawprints View Post
    I'm annoyed about the change to the Agility meta, which is the same as the Chaotic Skyflare Diamond posted above. Requires more blue gems than red gems. Seriously?? Even when I match socket colors, I don't have more blue gems than red. Thanks, Blizz. -_-
    You'll be stacking Hit in every slot soon enough. Don't whine.

Also, the OP cannot read.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Let's take a look at the EJ Stat values for p.e. elemental shamans:
    Stats' DPS value:
    Intellect 2.88
    Crit rating 1.36
    Haste rating 1.99
    Mastery rating 2.32
    Spell Power 2.24

So meaning the best reachable non red stat for elemental shamans is haste, and it is 30% worse than our main stat. So I have to think about a way, how to lose the least of my dps values to get a new requesite which wasn't there yesterday - but it is a loss nontheless.

I wouldn't mind if this was the requesite for the lvl 85 version if this gem, when you have new gear to socket - but to change it now retroactively is retarded.
    Why does changing it now matter? You're losing that gear in 2 weeks so who in their right mind would purposely regem everything they have with 2 weeks left? Yes it's a loss of your main stat, but at minimal levels while gaining some actual thought to the gemming and forging process instead of mindlessly gemming for your optimal stat.

---------- Post added 2010-11-23 at 07:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    no just retarded cause it's not able to justify the requirements
    on beta i had much more stats profit from taking another meta as ret pally ( lets say the +crit and stun or fear reduction one ) as i would have had from taking the +crit and +crit damage , the stun/fear one is like 1 blue and 1 yellow gem which is 10 times more logical then " more blue then red gems "
    Yes you lose some of your main stats, but that 3% should put out more dps overall even while losing some of your strength for instance. If it isn't they'll likely buff it so that it is the optimal meta to use and so you won't use pvp gems. It's not retarded just because it makes you think about what you're doing now, and no, putting all red gems in and pvp meta isn't necessarily the optimal setup just because it makes your strength higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    Who really cares.. you lose .05% DPS for 2 weeks. For the life of me, I can't imagine why anyone would buy epic gems at this point. In 2 week, there is going to be green quality gems that have more stats and every tom-dick-harry is going to be making them in order to level their skill.
    In 2 weeks the meta gem will still require more blue gems than red gems, even if you have the cataclysm epic gems available to you. And actually the fact that the green quality gems will have a lot more stats in them will mean that you might be even more bloated with hit you don't need because the only blue stat that matters (for now) is hit. Especially when you might have already reforged all your gear. Reforging only helps so much.

I was thinking that maybe they want DPS to gem for stamina for survivability when they're at the hit cap. I can't think of any other explanation, other than that the higher gear won't have any hit on it so you won't feel bad when you have to gem hit. Which for me is a bit boring, and I've always found having to gem for hit/expertise as a normal thing really boring, which is probably why I haven't gotten into playing melee dps. And yes, I do enjoy calculating if the socket bonus is worth matching from a dps point of view, more than keeping count on "do I have more blue gems than red gems". Eww.

Edit: Oh and not to mention casters take a bigger hit with this change since intellect also affects your mana pool, a problem that the physical dps don't have.
    Last edited by Ibis; 2010-11-24 at 12:37 AM.

Or just take the, get a new meta gem, route. Lol. Save yourself a lot of time and gold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Okard View Post
    they took out chill of the throne, if you havent looked. Youre going to do 30% less than youre used to.

The OPs big complaint was the cost of regemming.

and it's not a complete loss of your best stat. You are replacing your best stat with hit, and then reforging that hit into either haste, crit, or expertise (if you are hit capped). You are losing your main stat,but gaining something that might only be slightly less appealing.

In the end, it affects everyone, so you aren't losing ground on the dps charts, and it makes gemming and reforging more interesting.

The only people it really effects.. is well... the people who are foolish enough to spend a lot of gold on epic gems 2 weeks before an expansion and then gem incorrectly.

Apperently what alot of people don't consider is that if you are a min/max player this change is just stupid for most dps classes. I know Blizzard wants to get away from stacking your prime stat. But the fact is that this change doesn't really change that. People will still stack their prime stat cos it's the most benificial. That meta gem is now useless for DK's unless you want to gimp yourself dps wise.

http://considerit1.wordpress.com/201...-confirmation/

EDIT: The sad thing here is that for some classes/spec it's still the best choice and for others it isn't. So from tomorrow (as I'm a EU player) I lose 3% crit dmg right off the bat.
    Last edited by Belial; 2010-11-24 at 12:35 AM.

The Old Meta requirements were part of Wotlk, this is cata now, you got new spells, new gems, new specs, new everything. Complaining about meta gems requiring new things is silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    The OPs big complaint was the cost of regemming.
    Ok, but what's the point of regemming gear that you'll replace in 2 weeks anyways?

Ok, but what's the point of regemming gear that you'll replace in 2 weeks anyways?
    As you are right that we will replace our gear very soon it still doesn't change the fact that even when your lv 85 and in full epic + T11, I, as a DK will still not be using this cos of it's inferior dps, so your statment in regards to my class is blont.

Anyway.. Blizzard made a change so I just have to accept and move on. It doesn't change though that I'm a bit upset about it.
    Last edited by Belial; 2010-11-24 at 12:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Belial View Post
    Apperently what alot of people don't consider is that if you are a min/max player this change is just stupid for most dps classes. I know Blizzard wants to get away from stacking your prime stat. But the fact is that this change doesn't really change that. People will still stack their prime stat cos it's the most benificial. That meta gem is now useless for DK's unless you want to gimp yourself dps wise.

EDIT: The sad thing here is that for some classes/spec it's still the best choice and for others it isn't. So from tomorrow (as I'm a EU player) I lose 3% crit dmg right off the bat.
    You're right, but what it forces people to get away from is gemming all red gems of the primary stat now, which is a good thing. If it remains that it's not the optimal meta for maxing dps you'll likely see it buffed to 5% or so, but I highly doubt they'd change the requirements on it to be easier to stack your primary stat.

You're right, but what it forces people to get away from is gemming all red gems of the primary stat now, which is a good thing. If it remains that it's not the optimal meta for maxing dps you'll likely see it buffed to 5% or so, but I highly doubt they'd change the requirements on it to be easier to stack your primary stat.
    Personally I think it's good Blizzard is trying to make it more interresting how to gem etc. But the math speaks for itself. No matter how you want to varied things in this game, there will always be "the best" way to do it. And that is what a min/max player will go for.

One thing though that is buggling my mind is that Blizzard have stated they wanted things to be more strait forward when it came to Theorycrafting. But things like this and the new reforging is just making it even more complicated than it already was.
    Last edited by Belial; 2010-11-24 at 12:58 AM.

I think it's quite nice, I had a good time trying to figure out how to regem.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

Even if you include the possibility of getting every socket bonus? (If the link clarifies this, sorry for not reading it.)
    Anyway, even if they don't buff it and it's currently not the best thing to have for you, I'm sure eventually it'll be the best again, if not in t12 then in t13, as crit ratings will continue to go higher, making the 3% crit damage more valuable, and so on.

Personally I think it's good Blizzard is trying to make it more interresting how to gem etc. But the math speaks for itself. No matter how you want to varied things in this game, there will always be "the best" way to do it. And that is what a min/max player will go for.

One thing though that is buggling my mind is that Blizzard have stated they wanted things to be more strait forward when it came to Theorycrafting. But things like this and the new reforging is just making it even more complicated than it already was.
    I agree, the mix/max players will do whatever is necessary. However this was more about changing what the player base as a whole did in putting everything in their sockets as a red gem except for the two blues to meet their meta requirement. I have a feeling the 3% meta will be buffed to where it's worthwhile, otherwise it won't really be used.