First part of my new build arrived today, typical Post Danmark to be a week late with the package & trashing it.
    I wouldn't even accept a package if they delivered it like that Oo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by protput View Post
    I wouldn't even accept a package if they delivered it like that Oo
    I was on a rush before I went to a festival, just came home & picking up the rest of my stuff, pictures coming in 5-8 hours

Need a bath first though, I smell like shi* since I haven't been in bath for 5 days due to the festival.

Edit: Just unboxed my Switch 810, found lots of small hairs on it (and some dirt). Ugh.

Not buying from NZXT again =/ The product was even protected by 3 layers of plastic & a box with soft foam
    Last edited by inux94; 2012-07-05 at 02:34 PM.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Deleted
    Put a Asus Xonar Essence STX in my rig today!
    Also put my monitor on a desk stand, looks quite funny now.. Almost as if my old logitech speakers are carrying the entire screen xD

That card + my new Sennheiser 518's = Eargasm

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gah, I can't get over how awesome the Essence STX looks. x_x
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    New setup...

Corsair 600T
    Corsair AX 750 (should'a gone with 650 or 850 in retrospect)
    Asus P8Z77 Deluxe (hence bunnyears on case)
    Intel i5 2500k w/ stock cooler
    Corsair Dominator 1600MHz @ 1.5v 16GB (2x8GB)
    Corsair Force 3 240GB (velcro'd to case, not sure if I can get it off now)
    EVGA GTX 680
    Why the 2500k instead of the 3750k?
    Why the GTX680 instead of the GTX670?

Mobo is pretty good if you need the extras like WiFi etc...

I finally got my video card today. Updated system stats;

- i7 3770K @ 4800mhz
    - Corsair H100 push - stock fans
    - Asus Maximus V gene
    - EVGA GTX 690
    - Corsair Vengeance LP 16gb @ 1600mhz 1.5v
    - Intel 510 250GB
    - Seagate Barracuda ST2000DM001, 2TB * 2
    - Corsair Obsidian 650D
    - Corsair AX850
    - Corsair M90
    - Corsair K90

I'll put the card in tomorrow, run some benchmarks and post some pictures. I also need a new monitor, but haven't had any time to do the needed research.

I kinda like Corsair's individually sleeved cables, but 80 euro for a bunch of cables is a bit lame tbh...
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2012-07-05 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Why the 2500k instead of the 3750k?
    Why the GTX680 instead of the GTX670?

Mobo is pretty good if you need the extras like WiFi etc...
    2500k over the 3570k because there's no reason to pick the 3570k, imo. Why would I pick it given its meager performance leap that can be outperformed with overclocking?
    GTX 680 because I got two of them, each for the price of less than a GTX 670. Gotta love those guys who sell perfectly good equipment cheap because they wanted to do something else, right?
    Mobo because of the wifi; most wifi solutions otherwise cost about the price leap from what I'd have otherwise purchased.

Hope that answers your questions.

I dropped my 650D a couple of days ago to get powder coated in grey and I'm starting my build from fresh. It will be a watercooled 650D
    heres the specs:
    asus z77 -v pro motherboard w/ 2500k
    most likely a 670 (don't have the gpu yet)
    ax750 psu with mdpc indivually sleeved cables blue/grey/black(currently sleeving them)
    vengeance blue ram(16gb 1600)
    crucial m4 128gb, 1tb wd black and a 500gb blue
    watercooling stuff:
    xspc dual bay res + pump
    two 240 rads, one EX and one RX, I drilled holes and an opening for airflow to mount the RX on the bottom
    ek supreme hf block
    clear tubing with mayhems pastel blue

although the specs are nothing out of the ordinary, it will be a great system and will be more than enough. I'm really excited about this system as it's the first build from scratch with an idea im doing. I really like the sky blue/grey/black theme. I will post some updates soon!

it's my first time sleeving a full psu, damn this is going to take forever! and the ax750's 24pin cable looks like a nightmare to sleeve !
    Last edited by aisatsana; 2012-07-06 at 02:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    2500k over the 3570k because there's no reason to pick the 3570k, imo. Why would I pick it given its meager performance leap that can be outperformed with overclocking?
    Meh, don't agree. Whether the performance gain is marginal or not doesn't really matter since they cost the same and unless you're able to run your 2500k 24/7 at 5100mhz you won't outperform a 3570k at 4800mhz (easily achieved speed with respectable temps, provided you've got a good mobo).

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/58460471/3570k.png

The rest sounds pretty logical. 680 are great cards and if you could get them for 670 prices or less, why not!

Quote Originally Posted by Mortalis71 View Post
    although the specs are nothing out of the ordinary, it will be a great system
    It most definately will! What do you mean with 'I dropped my 650D' btw?
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2012-07-06 at 07:21 AM.

This is a great chip you have, I hope you realize. (Assuming stability longterm.)

Deleted
    Finally built my "second" configuration, it took forever for the components to arrive. :/

Here it is:
    CPU:3570k
    MB: Sabertooth z77
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 1600 (2x4GB)
    PSU: HX 650w
    Heatsink: Hyper TX3 (Noctua D14 already ordered, since I want to push it at least close to 4.4/4.5 without huge issues)
    Case: Haf X
    GPU: 6950 (Which I'm going to sell online and get a 670 in a few week)

Took me almost 2-3 hours to build/start it, so I kept the cable management to a minimum.
    Also, those pictures were taken with the worst camera and the worst light possible :/
    Last edited by mmoc325978b4bb; 2012-07-06 at 10:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Core i5-3570k
    Corsair Vengeance RAM 8GB x2
    Corsair H100
    Asus Sabertooth
    XFX ProSeries 550w
    Radeon HD 6850 (Was supposed to swap to 670 once it arrived, but I've cancelled it.)
    NZXT Switch 810
    Crucial M4 128GB
    Samsung Spinpoint 1TB

Assembled my rig yesterday to no cause.

H100 Grinding
    Bad construction on the switch 810
    RAM only works on either a single slot, or all 4, 2 slots being occupied is apparently impossible for the Sabertooth.
    CPU not detected after reseating RAM, tried reseating CPU, still not detected.

Wouldn't surprise me if it all blew up & some radioactive liquid got splashed all over the room. Almost makes me want to buy a prebuilt.

Can't take a picture since the charger for my phone got stolen.
    Last edited by inux94; 2012-07-06 at 02:40 PM.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    Assembled my rig yesterday to no cause.

H100 Grinding
    RAM only works on either a single slot, or all 4, 2 slots being occupied is apparently impossible for the Sabertooth.

Wouldn't surprise me if it all blew up & some radioactive liquid got splashed all over the room. Almost makes me want to buy a prebuilt.

Can't take a picture since the charger for my phone got stolen.
    Aw man, that really sucks. One component broken...yeah you get unlucky (and to be honest that thing with the H100 isn't exactly rare), but to have the motherboard, the CPU heatsink and the case broken and your phone charger stolen is just evil.

Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    H100 Grinding
    Talk about bad luck...

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I'm not buying from ASUS or NZXT again, my Asus laptop is still under "repair" after 2.5 months over there, I'll return them from where I bought them, don't want to waste months waiting for Corsair or Asus to send me a replacement.

Really a bad experience, I'm really considering just getting a prebuilt next time & throwing some extra RAM in in.

Armory

I'm thinking you got bad luck, it happens sometimes. Sorry to hear it happened to you;

As for the i5 3570K vs i5 2500K, I actually see no point in getting the i5 2500K anymore, unless you really want the better price. i5 3570K has better IPC, so will actually matter post 4.6 GHz. If you are super serious about overclocking it, you will replace the solder-thermal solution with real one, making it the superior overclocking by a fair bunch.

Proposed Build. Feedback appreciated
    CPU: Core i5 3570K
    MB: ASUS Intel Z77 ATX
    RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB)
    PSU: Corsair 650-Watt
    HD: Crucial 256 GB m4 SSD
    Heatsink: Thermaltake Frio
    GPU: ASUS HD7870
    Case: HAF 912

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadyak View Post
    Proposed Build. Feedback appreciated
    CPU: Core i5 3570K
    MB: ASUS Intel Z77 ATX
    RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB)
    PSU: Corsair 650-Watt
    HD: Crucial 256 GB m4 SSD
    Heatsink: Thermaltake Frio
    GPU: ASUS HD7870
    Case: HAF 912
    Probably easier if you made a topic of your own, this isn't really a build help thread. That said your build looks fine, considering the rest of your components I'd say the case choice is a little "meh", that's just my personal opinion though. I'd opt for some low profile RAM to make sure they fit with the CPU heat sink.

What do you mean with 'I dropped my 650D' btw?
    just meant that my 650D is getting powdercoated right now at a powdercoating shop. It will be grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortalis71 View Post
    just meant that my 650D is getting powdercoated right now at a powdercoating shop. It will be grey.
    Your avatar, is that what you just did IRL? :P

650D is such an amazing case, isn't it ^^ love it

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    As for the i5 3570K vs i5 2500K, I actually see no point in getting the i5 2500K anymore, unless you really want the better price. i5 3570K has better IPC, so will actually matter post 4.6 GHz. If you are super serious about overclocking it, you will replace the solder-thermal solution with real one, making it the superior overclocking by a fair bunch.
    It's not soldered to begin with, that was the issue, lol. Anyway, I've not seen any posts really investigating this on the user side, only some random studies from questionable sources, whom turned out to discover their results were usually halfhearted to say the least. If it's been tested more extensively by the community then do give some pointers as to where, as I'm curious.