The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's the Rissla desk pad from IKEA. I really liked the texture, it's kind of like leather and I'm finding it works wonderfully as a giant mousepad. So long, little shits! Plus it keeps the desk safe from potential spills and such.

And thanks, here's to hoping I can somehow manage to change my lifestyle to live this tidy and clean henceforth. (Hahahahahahaha)

- - - Updated - - -

I should add...

The wooden side table that my computer is sitting on was actually made either by my grandad or great grandad, who were both professional woodworkers and made stuff like high-end bow and arrows.

I quite cherish it. It's probably one of the heaviest tables to size ratio in the house. It's literally solid wood with a huge solid wood slab that goes on top. Who knows what woods it is made up of, but my dad is pretty sure they had access back then to woods that would be illegal now. Tis pretty neat!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I'm also in the market for a new desk soon, looks like I will at least have a look at Ikea as that one looks nice

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Denpepe View Post
    I'm also in the market for a new desk soon, looks like I will at least have a look at Ikea as that one looks nice
    Yeah it's easily the best desk I've ever had so far. And that's not my "new buy, omg look look" speaking. My first desk was way too small and while it was more sturdy than my second desk, was just not very pro-gamer, at least not a gamer wanting more than one or MAYBE two monitors. I REALLY had to stretch it to make it work.

Second desk was just low quality. Cost a little less than the first, but was bigger... that should have been the first red flag. =|

I suppose some evolutionary pictures would help.

Dear God.

Better for the time being.

Did triple screen for a bit.

None keeps their desk this beautiful for more than an hour that is a power user.

One I got Schiit products it's pretty much stayed the same except the curved monitor.

And now of course see above post.
    "A flower.

I was part of the PCMasterRace my whole life, but due to some changes, I've switched to a laptop, so currently I have an Asus ROG G751JT, cheapest setup with the 1Tb HDD,8 Gb RAM, Nvidia GTX 970m, 120 Gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD. I miss my PC, but I could barely use it, so this laptop is ideal in my current situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    MMO champion has the weirdest fucking threads of any board ever.

Deleted
    CPU: Intel I5 6600k (Skylake) @3.5 Ghz (No over clocking yet, getting things settled, stable and installed properly)
    Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z170x Gaming 7
    RAM: 24GB Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 2666mhz (I ordered 16gb, and found that the mobo had a free 8gb stick in the box as a promo, Winning!)
    GPU: Radeon 6950. This is due to be changed for a Watercooled GTX 970
    Storage: Samsung MZ-HPV1280, M.2 drive.
    Cooling: XSPC Custom Loop
    Case HAF 935

Deleted
    Due to how much hard work it is to work in the raven 3 case and gotten fed up of it, decided to move my rig into a new case without blowing the budget.

Slightly different angle

Ye the 24 pin and gpu cables are not grommeted, was shattered by that point, to tear apart the raven case took a long time lol, just left as is and anchored to the back wall there quite flat, will be honest, this case really is designed for modular PSUs it seems or those individual sleeved cables but that PSU I think was back when corsair used seasonic as their OEMs, like 5-6 years old now so no need to change it.

- - - Updated - - -

Also liking the update Deltrus :P, though shame of not running into Wowcrendor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    Due to how much hard work it is to work in the raven 3 case and gotten fed up of it, decided to move my rig into a new case without blowing the budget.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/fMWiRZ5l.jpg[img]

Slightly different angle

[img]http://i.imgur.com/0d8HdgCl.jpg[img]

Ye the 24 pin and gpu cables are not grommeted, was shattered by that point, to tear apart the raven case took a long time lol, just left as is and anchored to the back wall there quite flat, will be honest, this case really is designed for modular PSUs it seems or those individual sleeved cables but that PSU I think was back when corsair used seasonic as their OEMs, like 5-6 years old now so no need to change it.
    Is it TXV2, if yes then it's SeaSonic, if no then it's CWT.
    http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page447.htm

Deleted
    Just went to go check, its CWT ;/, well not too bad considering how long its been going, prob get a superflower PSU next year once the new GPU's come out, actually intend to watercool those.

10+ Year Old Account
    CWT can do good work, its just the can part that I go meh about. I prefer a consistent good overall even at the lowest budget point. It's like why if I pick between a monitor manufacturer, would I go with Eizo or Asus, Eizo all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks really nice Deltrus!

Your setup seems like it has it all. Any thoughts for future upgrades or purchases?
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    Any thoughts for future upgrades or purchases?
    If the last photo was what he ended up with.. I'd say a headphone stand

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So right now I have 3 monitors. I'm happy, it works well when researching stuff and being productive, and it also means I can look at MMO-Champ, Youtube and game at the same time. Still, I have a lingering want of an ultrawide monitor which would mean I would have to ditch my triple monitor setup. Does anyone have any opinions?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

Deleted
    So the master race controller just arrived today.

Will be spending the day trying this out .

I wonder how good the D-pad is for fighting games.
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

Deleted
    You can select if the 'D pad' to be either clicked in like a normal controller or on touch, not got that far yet to test fighting games yet.

So far tested an action type game and seems to work well but did not adjust the controls much.

Tried Dirt 3 for the gyro feature, man I suck at it but if anyone has played mario kart on the wii u with the gyro mode on, its just like that, its immense fun.

Also the next big one to test for these forums is MMOs, now I have noticed some limitation but so far testing wildstar and setting up the controls, it works well, theres a mode switch just gives you an extra mapping of the button keys but I was hoping to get more then 1 mode switch so I can turn the controls very similar to how it works in FF14 where pressing the left or right triggers gives you 2 maps of keys but I can get around extra keys with shift commands.

All in all, I like it, takes some getting used to but thats mostly due to the amount of configuration options required but the biggest flaw so far is that to use the controller properly, you must set steam to big picture mode though I have a feeling this is just beta testing, just running the game from the steam list not in BPM just doesn't switch on the settings for the moment but once you load from BPM it works and lets you configure.

In terms of shape, I like it, a full grasp properly fits in my hands and I find it comfortable so far.

Bare in mind though this is just a few hours of testing, hoping more configuration options like additional mode switching for the same key sets is added in later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mine is still on the truck.

15+ Year Old Account
    I iz haz got my STEAM link earlier today.

Probably slightly lazy to try and install it right now as when I ordered it I had almost finalized buying an apartment.

Now... I don't so I can't use it unless I drop in a fugly ass cable cross the room.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    Looks really nice Deltrus!

Your setup seems like it has it all. Any thoughts for future upgrades or purchases?
    Thank you! It's been a long time coming.

Honestly? I don't know.

I know I'm planning on upgrading my GPU, but the 760 has been doing admirably well, all things considered with the 3440x1440 monitor. However, right now I recently got back into an old unrelated hobby that costs a lot of money, so PC stuff is kind of affected in that regard. :P

I always loved though, how on the N64 game, 1080 (snowboarding game) the voice would say, TEN EIGHTY!

So... I really want to get a GTX 1080. haha so I just have to avoid the urge to get a 980 Ti and solve any remaining issues with powering this resolution. :P

Still planning on upgrading the keyboard sometime down the road. I kind of like how it lights up, but at the same time I really like the DAS Ultimate that has no letters imprinted on the keyboard.

Humm... Honestly quite happy with the current setup though. Honestly, I don't have a lot of time to game now, and it's only going south with this new job, I think. Working 7 days a week and upwards of 40 hours leaves one often fairly exhausted. Even so much you can't be asked to game. =S Oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    If the last photo was what he ended up with.. I'd say a headphone stand
    I've got one. Idk... not a big fan, to be honest. Maybe sometime I'll do something on the wall, but pretty sure my parents wouldn't be big fans of that. I feel like if I wanted a decent headphone stand, I need to spend more than I'm willing to on such an item.

Wow, I sound like a jackass don't I? =| Yeah... headphone stand is too much, but I have nice headphones, speakers, etc etc. XD Eh, I want to spend more on things that truly affect my experience. :P

Also, what I've ended up with is actually in post #15126, just in case you got mixed up with the desks.
    "A flower.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    How did you guys get your Steam Controllers already? My estimated delivery date is November 10th. Unfair
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

got same desk, nice setup