Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    Yea, the 480 is the most powerhungry single-gpu card. More powerhungry than the 580, and the 570 uses less than the 470. The 460 is the "Fermi done right" for a reason

750w is very fine for two 570s.

---------- Post added 2011-08-08 at 11:37 PM ----------

You could also run crossfire with a 6970 with your current 6950. But I have a feeling that won't be happening ^^
    Nah, I have to get the funds from somewhere so I can actually justify to get a 6970/570 :P
    Still have to tell my parents though on what I'm planning to do, since I can get my stuff via his company so I don't have to pay VAT.
    I really hope he allows me to do it, since he got a little annoyed that I ordered from 2 different shops last time :P
    Last edited by Asmekiel; 2011-08-08 at 09:45 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neeko View Post
    what the fuck? u manage to run those 570's with a 750W psu? my pc wouldn't boot with anything less than 1200W and it has only 480S... explain!

edit: very nice rig btw!
    oh, like the cable manage from it btw? kinda wanna get the NZXT cable thingie for the mother board to get it even more cleaner

10+ Year Old Account
    AMD stock cooler represent.

NZXT M59 case
    AMD Phenom II x4 955 BE
    Asus M4A79XTD
    8GB 1600Mhz Gskill
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    Corsair TX 650w

http://

Later this year will be upgrading to 2600k or Bulldozer, Obsidian 800D case, and Corsair H100.

I feel oddly proud of the cablemanagement in my case now. Wish it wasn't so dark though so I could take a picture...
    Though I've had to stack away all the excess powercables on top of the PSU itself right now. Best deadzone of air I could find.

One Macbook Pro, 15". May get an iMac next time though, as I travel much less now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually fixed the cable management after taking the picture.
    I can't wait to get an Obsidian 800D so i can have drastically better cable management and a much cleaner look.

this thread makes me really really jealous , i want a nice comp like these
    Quote Originally Posted by Lackluster View Post
    True, but the difference is that in GTA3 you're only shooting (and robbing, murdering, having sex with, etc) pixels. In WOW you get the pleasure of dealing with some of the most despicable human behaviour you'll ever witness.
    To True.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So something I've noticed, all the people that come in with Apples never seem to know or care to say what is in their computer/laptop, while on the other hand people even with pre-built Windows computers specifically state the specs of their machines, good or bad. Linux users of course just hold their heads high because they know they're the best.

Another friendly comment brought to you by Deltrus (as that is how it should be taken, friendly and just a funny thing I noticed throughout this thread).

---------- Post added 2011-08-08 at 10:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by pOO flinger View Post
    I actually fixed the cable management after taking the picture.
    I can't wait to get an Obsidian 800D so i can have drastically better cable management and a much cleaner look.
    What case is that you have right now? It looks to me like it could be a Cooler Master 690 II.... I could be wrong though. Those cases are alright for cable management though, not too bad.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    It's an NZXT M59 mid tower. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811146058
    cable management is decent but not amazing.
    Last edited by pOO flinger; 2011-08-08 at 10:30 PM.

That looks like the Gamma a lot. o.o

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    That looks like the Gamma a lot. o.o
    omg it does!
    looks like an update to the Gamma

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    Anyone a good suggestion, I want either a 6970 or a 570 with that cooler and I can only choose from this list: http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/cat/49/videokaarten.html
    you could allso take a look at this one. only takes up 2 slots and has exelent cooling
    http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/28240...97oc2-2gd.html
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    you could allso take a look at this one. only takes up 2 slots and has exelent cooling
    http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/28240...97oc2-2gd.html
    That's definitely alright. I was very pleased with my GTX460 running a (dual-fanned) Windforce-cooler.
    However, Gigabyte-cards do (and mine did) have a tendency for coilwhine (ie, insectnoises) during full load. Be aware.
    One of my favourite brands though.
    More expensive, and the fan will run higher, though (like 30% idle. The Direct Cu II runs 10% idle, 18% full-load :P)

Hm, well, sound is the reason I'm switching cards in the first place. I'll take a look into it, but if the coilwhine is still present, that's a big no-no...

-edit- Hm, this just struck my mind. Is it possible to put gentle typhoons in a NH-D14? If so, is it more quiet at high RPM and what is the difference in cooling performance?
    Last edited by Asmekiel; 2011-08-08 at 11:37 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    That's definitely alright. I was very pleased with my GTX460 running a (dual-fanned) Windforce-cooler.
    However, Gigabyte-cards do (and mine did) have a tendency for coilwhine (ie, insectnoises) during full load. Be aware.
    One of my favourite brands though.
    More expensive, and the fan will run higher, though (like 30% idle. The Direct Cu II runs 10% idle, 18% full-load :P)
    i was allso a little skeptical about the winforce cooling at start, because of some people having coilwhine. but i can`t hear mine at all and it is running a 40% stock. only thing i can hear a little is the h100 pump, because im running it at full speed.
    so im realy looking forward to be getting my second card friday and see if that one is allso silent or if it has coilwhine
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    Hm, well, sound is the reason I'm switching cards in the first place. I'll take a look into it, but if the coilwhine is still present, that's a big no-no...
    My Direct Cu II runs louder at 100% than my GTX460 did, though. :P A lot.
    It won't need to ramp up that high during games either, enough that the fans get excruciating. The Direct Cu II at 30% is louder than the Windforce was, for instance.

---------- Post added 2011-08-09 at 01:38 AM ----------

i was allso a little skeptical about the winforce cooling at start, because of some people having coilwhine. but i can`t hear mine at all and it is running a 40% stock. only thing i can hear a little is the h100 pump, because im running it at full speed.
    so im realy looking forward to be getting my second card friday and see if that one is allso silent or if it has coilwhine
    Get Gentle Typhoons for your H100 and put your Air Penetrators in your case instead. The APs are a lot better than regular fans as case-fans, but not any different as heatsink-fans.

And hearing the h100-pump makes it a non-option for me D: (plus it's ugly, big and expensive)

Only slightly off-topic.

15+ Year Old Account
    My Direct Cu II runs louder at 100% than my GTX460 did, though. :P A lot.
    It won't need to ramp up that high during games either, enough that the fans get excruciating. The Direct Cu II at 30% is louder than the Windforce was, for instance.

---------- Post added 2011-08-09 at 01:38 AM ----------

Get Gentle Typhoons for your H100 and put your Air Penetrators in your case instead. The APs are a lot better than regular fans as case-fans, but not any different as heatsink-fans.

And hearing the h100-pump makes it a non-option for me D: (plus it's ugly, big and expensive)

Only slightly off-topic.
    im actually thinking of trying my old Enermax Everest UCEV12 - blue LED again to see if they give a better result.
    but i read some user test on overclockers.net about APs as radiator fans and the results was realy good. when they where in push config. as pull fans they wasn`t so good as other fans

im actually thinking of trying my old Enermax Everest UCEV12 - blue LED again to see if they give a better result.
    but i read some user test on overclockers.net about APs as radiator fans and the results was realy good. when they where in push config. as pull fans they wasn`t so good as other fans
    To make even more out of it, consider using it shrouded. (ie, break two old fans, as you only need the bracket) and put them between the fan and the radiator. The Air penetrators will be better yet for push in that regard.

You should be able to find guides able to explain it in better English than I am capable of.
    On the other hand, this makes it even bigger and more expensive D:

Thanks for pointing out the AP.
    Is it better to put an AP in the air duct in my case (the thing I'm holding with my hand, between the videocard and HDD's) than a regular GT? This is specifically for cooling the GPU, but I saw the AP has a rather low CFM.

I'm getting my Dell U2311h tomorrow.

Diesel 1/7H