Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by seam View Post
    About the same, I suppose. I'd put Azshara above, however.

We couldn't kill KJ, it would be hard to kill Azshara o.o(Not saying we won't, but I'd be shocked if they didn't do their own Expo on her.)
    Im sure she will be getting her own x pac (In my opinion it will be the next xpac after cata.) but to answer my own question I say KJ because we couldnt kill him at half power or even defeat him without the sunwell girl sacraficing herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehfred View Post
    Forcibly corrupting and enslaving beings is not sane. If he wasn't insane, he was definitely corrupted. Not only that, but if he was sane, why would he be practically ripping Northrend apart magically to empower himself and his flight?
    Maybe not sane by your standards. It was pretty clear that he had finally recovered from his previous ass whooping and merely went about his old job. Blindly labeling anything as evil or insane isn't helpful and is already an overused plot device in this game. We killed a good guy because it served our best interest, we were the bad guys from his point of view.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

Deleted
    As AQ40 doesnt get removed in cata but AQ20 gets revamped I doubt Cthun gets a new appearance. I would hope so because we twoman him from time to time and there is almost no encounter equally satisfying to twoman.

Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    Queen Azshara is the strongest mage on azeroth, it will be hard to kill her. In a lore perspective ofc.
    Actual think Krasus is stronger than Queen Azshara or Rhonin acording to Knack

Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    Queen Azshara is the strongest mage on azeroth, it will be hard to kill her. In a lore perspective ofc.
    Remember though, we also took out Malygos who was the creator of magic basically.So Queen A will yes be hard, but lore wise malygos is stronger

We may indeed hear from C'Thun again. In the wow comics, Cho'Gall ressurected him, and C'thuns way of repaying him was turning him into the eyed monstrosity we see him as today, along with new powers.

Quote Originally Posted by artemisthemp View Post
    Actual think Krasus is stronger than Queen Azshara or Rhonin acording to Knack
    Krasus is the first consort of Alexstrasza the Life-Binder, that mean he is a dragon. For sure he is stronger than Rhonin, he is the one who show Rhonin most of is crazy spells. Mannoroth discovered, that Azshara was far more powerful than he, and that only Archimonde, Kil'Jaeden and Sargeras could've matched her. So yeah i think she will get her own xpac. Anyway its the first time blizz make a xpac with only 5 lvl to reach max, i think its gonna be a 1 year xpac or so

Blizzard has said the Queen Azshara will only briefly show herself in this Expansion, and will be a big part of the next expansion. Cthun is part of Chogal now, the ugly Ogre guy that they show during the first few quests of the Elemental invasion quests

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoMoreHero View Post
    Remember though, we also took out Malygos who was the creator of magic basically.So Queen A will yes be hard, but lore wise malygos is stronger
    Creators of magic are the Titans. Period. Malygos is the guardian of magic. think of him as a chief sys-admin. Sure, he has great power in his network, but there may be a number of uber-crazed hackers who can beat him.

ya never know could have queen azshara,KJ and sargres all in the same exp? just a though also i dont think we will see chun this exp id say they will have an exp deadicated to old gods, ie chun, yoggy and all other old gods destroying the world

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shivan View Post
    Blizzard has said the Queen Azshara will only briefly show herself in this Expansion, and will be a big part of the next expansion.
    Do you have a source for that mate? Would be an interesting read.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert West View Post
    Creators of magic are the Titans. Period. Malygos is the guardian of magic. think of him as a chief sys-admin. Sure, he has great power in his network, but there may be a number of uber-crazed hackers who can beat him.
    IIRC, titans did NOT invent magic, it was there before them. However, they assigned Norgannon to CATALOGUE all spells and incantations in the multiverse.
    I am more than a fish, I am more than a man! I am...Some sort of cat, cuddlier than men, and they friggin EAT fish!

considering her SERVANT (Lady Naz'jar) went head to head with NEPTULON and "won" (ozumat broke the stalemant), she would be a very formidable opponent.
    and ozumat takes neptulon away at the end of throne of tides (tb's vid), so she may have "plans" for him...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Fascists should be marginalized, ostracized, bullied and on the occasion, decked. Their ideology is a cancer in our species.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Bigots don't deserve debate.
    War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Diversity is strength.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baragor View Post
    Krasus is the first consort of Alexstrasza the Life-Binder, that mean he is a dragon. For sure he is stronger than Rhonin, he is the one who show Rhonin most of is crazy spells. Mannoroth discovered, that Azshara was far more powerful than he, and that only Archimonde, Kil'Jaeden and Sargeras could've matched her. So yeah i think she will get her own xpac. Anyway its the first time blizz make a xpac with only 5 lvl to reach max, i think its gonna be a 1 year xpac or so
    "Mannoroth discovered, to his chagrin, that Azshara was far more powerful than he, and that only Archimonde and Sargeras could've matched her."

Anyway, I seriously doubt it will be a 1 year xpac, considering the fact that multiple raid tier patches have been announced and the fact that it would take some time to develop and test a new xpac. I mean, look at how long Cata was tested :-S

edit: spelling...

Deleted
    C'thun is dead as is Algalon...
    I think we will have a brother or sister to kill...

Old gods are getting extinct... good

C'thun's spirit was absorbed by chol'gal after his battle with medan (dono how you spell his name and too damn lazy to go look)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishman View Post
    IIRC, titans did NOT invent magic, it was there before them. However, they assigned Norgannon to CATALOGUE all spells and incantations in the multiverse.
    1) Correct, Titans did not create magic. My mistake.
    2) We don't know if there was anything before the Titans =)
    3) Norgannon not only catalogued all spells, he also controls pretty much all magic around him. Titans are most powerful beings - he is the most powerful Titan sorcerer. He is a god of magic, in a sense.
    4) In Azeroth, most of it's magic comes from Titan-created Well of Eternity (apart from divine magic (Holy Light, Naaru, Forgotten Shadow, Elune, An'she, possibly Loas), fel/demonic magic and that arcane that comes directly from Twisting Nether (although it is most likely corrupted into Fel then)
    Last edited by mmoc320850ae8d; 2010-11-26 at 10:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baragor View Post
    if krasus is more powerful than azshara, then it is a CERTAINTY that malygos is stronger than azshara as well. just because she's got tits doesn't make her more powerful than anything.

and mannoroth is a piece of crap who gets killed by a stupid self-controlless orc so his words count for nothing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert West View Post
    4) In Azeroth, most of it's magic comes from Titan-created Well of Eternity (apart from divine magic (Holy Light, Naaru, Forgotten Shadow, Elune, An'she, possibly Loas), fel/demonic magic and that arcane that comes directly from Twisting Nether (although it is most likely corrupted into Fel then)
    The twisting Nether isn't some super evil place, even shamans make use of it :P

See; Ner'zhul's failed Astral Recall, or the Heroes Astral Recall.

All magic comes from either Azeroth or the Twisting Nether. The Well of Eternity was simply a power plant, of sorts. (Instead of going A->B->C, it was going A->B with the well around.).

The well was destroyed, or atleast is a minor fragment of what it once was, yet spells are still as strong.(Shown by Rhonin going back in time, and going from Super powerful, on par with the High Elves, to OMGWTF powerful.). I'm tired, so this prolly don't make sense...but think of it like this:

Practicing Magic now is like running with Weights.
    Practicing Magic with the well is like not having those Weights.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazertrooper View Post
    if krasus is more powerful than azshara, then it is a CERTAINTY that malygos is stronger than azshara as well. just because she's got tits doesn't make her more powerful than anything.

and mannoroth is a piece of crap who gets killed by a stupid self-controlless orc so his words count for nothing.
    Neither Krasus, not Rhonin are more powerful than Azshara. They are a red dragon (not blue, or black - more powerful sorcerers) and a human (a short-lived mortal; is it ever stated that he is strongest humna mage, btw? I suppose Khadgar is the most powerful).

Any warrior can kill the greatest mage, if he (somehow) gets within within sword's length from the mage =) (remember Medivh)
    Also, Mannoroth was the most powerful of the it lords, he was more powerful than majority of Eredar. He just chose to rely on physical strength, that was even higher than his magical prowess, also he was too self-confident and after all, Grom was empowered with his mannoroth's own blood (yeah, yeah, he was purified. But some power must have left).
    As for comparison with Eredar, let me remind you that Eredar are stated to be the most powerful mortal mages in the universe.

---------- Post added 2010-11-26 at 10:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by seam View Post
    The twisting Nether isn't some super evil place, even shamans make use of it :P

See; Ner'zhul's failed Astral Recall, or the Heroes Astral Recall.

All magic comes from either Azeroth or the Twisting Nether. The Well of Eternity was simply a power plant, of sorts. (Instead of going A->B->C, it was going A->B with the well around.).

The well was destroyed, or atleast is a minor fragment of what it once was, yet spells are still as strong.(Shown by Rhonin going back in time, and going from Super powerful, on par with the High Elves, to OMGWTF powerful.). I'm tired, so this prolly don't make sense...but think of it like this:

Practicing Magic now is like running with Weights.
    Practicing Magic with the well is like not having those Weights.
    IIRC, the well wasn't exactly destroyed - it was blasted into the world's core. Also, Sunwell is still around, as are the remains of the Well at the foot of Nordrassil (yeah, it's unpowered, but it's unpowered well of eternity).

EDIT: The Nether isn't evil, but it's quite densely populated with demons - think Warp of Warhammer 40k - it's a tool for the mortals and a home for the demons.
    Last edited by mmoc320850ae8d; 2010-11-26 at 10:56 AM.