Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Justice Points, Caps, and Pre-Raid Gearing

Hi,

I'm a Horde DK on Chromag. Thanks to Consider's Cata UH DK Thread on EJ I have a list of BIS for pre-heroic and heroic 5 man loot. I want to gear up and be raid-ready as soon as possible. To that end I've already got >3k JP, and expect to hit the 4k cap before Dec 7. I intend to do a lot of 5 mans as I lvl, along with my guild, so that we can learn the fights in preparation for the Heroic versions at 85.

I've just confirmed via the new JP vendor that the JP gear can't actually be purchased until 85.

Here are my questions:

1. Will the 4k cap be lifted on Dec 7 and, if so, anyone know what the new cap will be?

2. Will we earn JP in Cata non-heroic 5 mans?

3. If so, anyone know the rates we will earn them at? Similar to current rates?

You can probably see where I am going with this: if the JP cap stays at 4k, and I will earn plenty of JP doing Cata regular 5 mans, there's not much reason to farm JP now to hit the cap.

More specifically, in that case I can afford to buy the only useful heirloom I don't have for my new Tauren Pally, the trinket (about 2800 JP I think).

Thanks for the help.

You can buy the pieces right when cata starts soo...hit 4k cap now, buy 2 pieces, do regulars and buy pieces as needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupiz View Post
    You can buy the pieces right when cata starts soo...hit 4k cap now, buy 2 pieces, do regulars and buy pieces as needed.
    No, you can't. You have to be level 85.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Lupiz View Post
    You can buy the pieces right when cata starts...
    I have already tried to buy them (as I referred to in my original post) but the vendor messages says "You must be 85 to purchase this item".

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Do we have an official answer to this yet?

I've currently got three toons at the 4k cap and i'd like to think i didn't have to spend them on worthless level 80 gear so that I'm not wasting time running dungeons after cata launches.

To clarify, are they lifting the 4k cap, i already know we can't buy the gear til level 85 :-)

Deleted
    from what i've read the 4k cap is only going into cataclysm then u can go higher - however cant really find a blue post on that atm =(

edit: that just seems to be people own opinions =(

I personally hope they remove the cap once you hit 85 or something, but i to am capped at 4k waiting for cata- gunna be a shame to waste the JP earned form instance lvling (but i'd rather not buy gems and sell them now- the money isnt rly even worth it anymore)
    Last edited by mmoc807de2168a; 2010-11-26 at 04:58 PM.

Why would they not keep the cap? what purpose would there be to giving it if they just take it away at 85?

I believe you have to be level 85. I remember on Beta I was unable to buy 85 JP gear at 84 but I had the points.
    http://twitch.tv/towelliee TowelRapaport #WoWsheet

Deleted
    The cap remains at 4000 points. That's it. when they did the initial conversion from badges and emblems, they allowed us to be over that cap for a while. As the world got shattered, all the points past 4000 got converted to money. And it will remain that way.

So everyone that said "omgomgomg get to cap NAO and buy stufz at 85!!!" will lose out on the points gained while leveling and doing the daily Random Dungeon. Personally, I haven't bothered trying to reach the cap. I know I'll get my points FAST ENOUGH that it isn't worth the pain of running WotLK dungeons over and over and over and over again...

---------- Post added 2010-11-27 at 03:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TBK1001 View Post
    1. Will the 4k cap be lifted on Dec 7 and, if so, anyone know what the new cap will be?

2. Will we earn JP in Cata non-heroic 5 mans?

3. If so, anyone know the rates we will earn them at? Similar to current rates?
    1. No. See above.
    2. Yes, through daily random only. Just like it was for Frost and Triumph emblems at the end. Normal instances = triumph for first random, nothing for everything after that. Heroic instances = Frost for first random, triumph for the rest. In Cata it will be JP and Valor instead of Triumph and Frost, but same system otherwise.
    3. They've been Blue posted long ago. Search for it. If memory serves me right, 75 JP per HC bosskill, which is why the heirlooms are so costy right now, but won't be in Cataclysm.

I'm sitting at the cap right now, but am really wondering about buying the Wooly Mammoth for 2175 JP... since it sounds like I could probably make it back up to the cap by the time I hit 85...? Depending on how long it takes me... I just really want to be at cap when I hit 85.

What would you guys do with your JP if you were sitting at the cap right now?

Buy crappy primos or recipies and profit while you still can

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard
    Although we’ve revealed some details of the conversion process (https://forums.wow-europe.com/thread...74620794&sid=1), many of you have asked how many Justice and Valor Points bosses and daily dungeons will actually award. This list is incomplete, and the values may still change, but it covers the majority of the content we’ve been asked about.

* Lich King Heroic dungeon boss -- 16 Justice Points
    * Lich King daily normal dungeon -- 12 Justice Points
    * Lich King daily Heroic dungeon -- 23 Justice Points
    * Lich King raid boss -- 23 Justice Points

* Cataclysm Heroic dungeon boss -- 75 Justice Points
    * Cataclysm daily normal dungeon -- 75 Justice Points
    * Cataclysm daily Heroic dungeon -- 75 Valor Points
    * Cataclysm 10-player raid boss -- 75 Valor Points
    * Cataclysm 25-player raid boss -- 105 Valor Points

It’s important to note that once you outgrow content, by leveling past it by a predetermined amount, you’ll no longer gain points. The ‘outgrown’ level for end-game Wrath of the Lich King content is likely to be level 81. Once you level beyond Lich King content you’ll still be able to enter the dungeons, kill bosses, and see their drops, but they will not award you with points. This same principle applies to all content that provides Justice Points, including content from The Burning Crusade.
    I have been wondering this same thing recently. This thread + the blue quote above answered all of my questions. The only Justice points prior to level 85 are from the (once) daily normal dungeon. So if you are leveling up in a matter of days (which anyone who cares about this probably will be) then you want to be capped, or very near to it, going into Cataclysm.

Can you buy Raw cata gems with Justice/Valors or this will not be doable in Cat?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yazus View Post
    Can you buy Raw cata gems with Justice/Valors or this will not be doable in Cat?
    I sure hope NOT.
    It was bad in wrath... and its going to be even wose in cata.

Quote Originally Posted by ostjaevel View Post
    I sure hope NOT.
    What's bad about a mechanic that allows you to bleed of points you don't need anymore after you're done doing heroics for blue gear, but still need them for the weekly valor cap.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

15+ Year Old Account
    I sure hope NOT.
    Even worse in cata? If you use the old tier 6 method, yes that will be terrible..

I sure hope NOT.
    I agree it was bad in WotLK, i could farm every heroic buy gems and get atleast 1-1.5k gold every day from this process. If this is still in cata im shure it will be just as bad if not worse even though the gems will be scaled to the amount of points that are dropped. I have looked through JP vendors and i dont see any gems though, for the time being unless changed by Blizz it should not be a problem.
    Sarah yells: I am the lucid dream
    Sarah yells: The monster in your nightmares
    Sarah yells: The fiend of a thousand faces
    Sarah yells: Cower before my true form
    Yogg-Saron yells: BOW DOWN BEFORE THE GOD OF DEATH

Quote Originally Posted by revilfour View Post
    I agree it was bad in WotLK, i could farm every heroic buy gems and get atleast 1-1.5k gold every day from this process. If this is still in cata im shure it will be just as bad if not worse even though the gems will be scaled to the amount of points that are dropped. I have looked through JP vendors and i dont see any gems though, for the time being unless changed by Blizz it should not be a problem.
    Epic gems are not available in 4.0. It'll likely be like WotLK and they won't be introduced until the 4.1 patch. I'm failing to see a problem with giving raiders something to spend excess JP on to make heroics worth running for them.

Quote Originally Posted by revilfour View Post
    That sounds like a terrible waste of time. You could've made much more gold in that amount of time for much less effort.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    That sounds like a terrible waste of time. You could've made much more gold in that amount of time for much less effort.
    Seriously. At the height of my gold making in WotLK (getting shadow's edge) I could pull in 2k/hour sitting in Orgrimmar.