10+ Year Old Account
    Do I need to have watched the original IT to understand the sequel ?
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    Tobad part 2 isnt that good.
    Maybe try Dobermann with Vincent Cassel and Monica Bellucci, its a crazy fun ride.
    Thanks for the advice, I don't think I've ever seen a movie with Vincent Cassel that I didn't enjoy.

And yeah, I heard that part 2 of the Saints is crap, too bad. Maybe I'll give it a chance anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    Just a "remake" not a sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by Archon14 View Post
    Thanks for the advice, I don't think I've ever seen a movie with Vincent Cassel that I didn't enjoy.

And yeah, I heard that part 2 of the Saints is crap, too bad. Maybe I'll give it a chance anyway.
    Then you didnt watched Irreversibel with him and Monica Bellucci.
    PS
    Dont watch this movie !
    No joke dont watch this movie !
    He holds true to its name, you will never forget it.
    Last edited by Miyagie; 2017-12-19 at 12:42 AM.

The Star Wars VIII: The Last Jedi - 4/10

Terrible visual effects, beyond terrible acting and props (some scenes looked like a children theater show), pathos, and overall stupidity. Oh and Negro/Viet Nam romance, forced and purposeless.

The lamest scene is the throne room fight, from the start to the end.

Unlike the last, this one has some semblance of a plot and logic. Visuals are just lame.

Infracted
    Last edited by eschatological; 2017-12-20 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    Not at all. Watch it, its very well made. Would have preferred a bit less CGI with pennywise, the actor playing him is incredible, should have let him shine more

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    Just a "remake" not a sequel.
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Not at all. Watch it, its very well made. Would have preferred a bit less CGI with pennywise, the actor playing him is incredible, should have let him shine more
    Great, then I can watch it tonight.

Just have to wait for the neighborhood to be asleep.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

I'm going to go with 8.5/10 for the Last Jedi. A few things I didn't like but it was the first time that a Star Wars movie has felt fresh in my lifetime.

Last Jedi - 7/10

Its a pretty good watch but after 9 movies certain things just seem inevitable. Rian Johnson did go down some unexpected paths to get where we knew it would go but knowing how things would end up does drain some of the movie's tension away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't Fuck in the Woods: 1 ~ 10 Shlubby chicks banging shlubbier dudes, set to a horrible rock / metal / screamo / emo soundtrack. Somehow turns into Predator with a lesbian Ahnold.

Justice League: 6 ~10 It's badness almost became goodness. Aquabro and Cybored were terrible. CG stache was awesome.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi: 7 ~ 10 Strange movie. Equal parts satisfying and disappointing. One scene in particular almost pulled me out of the movie. We won't be talking about that. Worth a 2D matinee.

Thor: Ragnarok 8.5 ~ 10 A little too jokey, and I wasn't as enamored with Korg as most people were, but it was still so much damn fun.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

10+ Year Old Account
    Nocturnal Animals - 8/10

Dark and brilliantly acted/directed. Who would've thought Tom Ford could create such a masterpiece? Two stories are happening at the same time so you really have to pay attention. It's probably too artsy fartsy for most people on here. Hell, even I found it to be a little pretentious (to a degree) but the story sucked me in right from the start.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thor: Ragnarok - 6/10

It was fine. A bit too jocular for me. Definitely feeling superhero movie fatigue. A solid action film and another Marvel film with nothing really on the line. No real emotional investment and ultimately a film I'll forget about.

Dunkirk - 7/10

Visually, kinetically, I thought the film was brilliant. Viewing this as a piece of pure cinema, I can admire the atmosphere that Nolan created. I didn't love the film, though. I'm used to walking out of Nolan's films feeling jolted. I didn't with this one.

War for the Planet of the Apes - 8.5/10

Best trilogy since...? A bit heavy handed in places but such a rousing blockbuster of a film with so much personality, charm, thoughtfulness, and with the ever beating heart of Caesar at the center of it all.

Call Me By Your Name - 10/10

A rare instance of a film living up to the novel (possibly even surpassing it). The film is quieter than the book, simpler even, as we're not privy to all of Elio's thoughts, his ravenous, conflicted desire for Oliver, and yet it managed to contain that storm in a look, in a cut to the winding Italian countryside, in awkward gestures, and in the tense, undeniable chemistry between Chalamet's Elio and Hammer's Oliver. Guadagnino's direction was sublime as well as the writing, the cinematography, and the acting. Chalamet was a sensation and may have given the best performance of the year in the best film of the year.
    Last edited by Daws001; 2017-12-21 at 12:29 PM.

I watched Bastille Day, yesterday and I liked it, I would rate it 6.5/10.

sims 4 challenges, free sports streaming sites, hamachi alternatives, https://iriveramerica.com/, sites like 123movies, best manga websites
    Last edited by oliviadavid; 2020-06-11 at 08:33 PM.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi: 5/10
    Nothing particularly bad about this movie but also nothing particularly good. The asshole with the spoilers on here last week really ruined the ending for me as well.

Edit
    For comparison
    Force Awakens 8/10
    Rogue One 4/10
    Last edited by Pattiecakes; 2017-12-21 at 03:54 PM.

Last Jedi. 8/10. Strong showing decent story. Maybe a couple of changes here or there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last Jedi: 7/10

Felt closer to the original trilogy than force awakens even though the latter is just copy pasted from ep IV. Expected far worse, especially with all the panning it got. Sure, it dragged on way too much in the middle and some characters had no reason to exist, but overall it was an enjoyable experience and it was beautifully shot as well.

Logan - 6.5/10: My score is probably skewed lower due to expectations going in. This was a solid flick, but not the stellar piece of cinema that it was made out to be when it was released. There's a few "yeah, right" elements to this , namely the bad guys finding not only the picture with the coordinates, but the empty vial as well , and the end was a bit too forced.

Still, worth watching.

Bright 7/10
    SW:TLJ 7/10
    READ and be less Ignorant.

The Disaster Artist 10/10

A wonderful film that is based off a very funny yet heart warming true story.

Never let other people stop you from achieving your dreams, even if you achieve those dreams in a very ironic way.

So anyway, how is your WoW life?

7+ Year Old Account
    Bright (2017) - 7/10

I liked it. Well produced. Well directed. Acting was solid. Story was decent; a few weaknesses here and there. The action sequences were ok and they didn't completely dominate the movie. My only real issue was post climax closure which I thought was a bit weak.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bright - 8/10

Good pacing, little exposition, lots of action. It felt...unfinished...somehow. But I would watch more!

The Last Jedi - 9/10

Loved this. I struggled with certain things for a bit until I had a chance to really think about them. The only fly in the ointment, for me, anyway, was Mary Poppins Leia. I can't even explain what bothered me so much about that scene, but something was just completely off. Still, I loved everything else. I really loved Rose, too.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama