Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    i've just rejoined wow and need some help figuring in what gear i should spent my JP/VP.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Xangria/simple this is my char's link.
    i've the chest from the new dungeons but i dont know if i should drop the T10 bonus right now

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xangria View Post
    i've just rejoined wow and need some help figuring in what gear i should spent my JP/VP.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Xangria/simple this is my char's link.
    i've the chest from the new dungeons but i dont know if i should drop the T10 bonus right now
    when looking at VP purchases, you should view the following:

1) which of my items are the lowest ilvl?
    2) of the items in part 1, which item would give better stats?
    2a) which of the items in 2), when upgraded, would give me the biggest intellect bonus?

so: 1) your head, ring 2 and both trinkets are 346, and your bracers and boots are 359 or lower. your bracers and boots can be deliverred by other characters, or by buying them off the AH or Trade.
    2) your haste is quite low, so you should try and get an item that gives a lot of haste. you should aim for 2005 haste.
    3) that leaves the trinket and a ring as your first purchases. after that, get the helmet and the other ring. get the bracers and boots through gold.

Deleted
    thanks for you answer mate, i'll start upgrading then

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    when looking at VP purchases, you should view the following:

1) which of my items are the lowest ilvl?
    2) of the items in part 1, which item would give better stats?
    2a) which of the items in 2), when upgraded, would give me the biggest intellect bonus?

so: 1) your head, ring 2 and both trinkets are 346, and your bracers and boots are 359 or lower. your bracers and boots can be deliverred by other characters, or by buying them off the AH or Trade.
    2) your haste is quite low, so you should try and get an item that gives a lot of haste. you should aim for 2005 haste.
    3) that leaves the trinket and a ring as your first purchases. after that, get the helmet and the other ring. get the bracers and boots through gold.
    The VP trinket is fairly horrible, why would you get that? Getting the helm also makes obtaining a 4set t13 harder and why on earth would you suggest to someone to buy a spirit ring?

I'd personally go for the cloak and neck (possibly a ring too) first as you are likely never going to upgrade them until the next expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    The VP trinket is fairly horrible, why would you get that? Getting the helm also makes obtaining a 4set t13 harder and why on earth would you suggest to someone to buy a spirit ring?

I'd personally go for the cloak and neck (possibly a ring too) first as you are likely never going to upgrade them until the next expansion.
    the VP trinket might be fairly horrible, but his current trinkets are FAR worse. and for the ring i meant http://www.wowhead.com/item=77108#sold-by.

about the other ring, yeah, brainfart. was checking WoWhead, marked "mage", but to show the trinket i couldn't mark any primary stats. so i accidentally looked at the AGI ring.

Isn't the valor point trinket the on-use one that is almost essential for spine? Or am I thinking of something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Isn't the valor point trinket the on-use one that is almost essential for spine? Or am I thinking of something else?
    You're correct in this but I would recommend that trinket ONLY for Arcane Burst for Tendons, on guilds that are still progressing on spine.

To the above, when selecting VP gear, as someone has already mentioned, Neck and Cloak, are BiS. There are no necks or cloaks that drop in DS for a mage, we don't use spirit.
    Last edited by Pookstar; 2012-04-30 at 01:55 PM.

Acquired Taste ~ US - Akama ~ 25Man Raiding Guild ~ HC MSV 6/6.HC HoF 3/6.TES 4/4

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I highly doubt this person that only just came back to wow is doing H Spine.

Hi again.

We wiped at HM Madness tonight and guess we more or less can down it next week. However on my dps, it seems lower than I think I should do but not sure what I can change.

WOL here.
    Armory here.

Some of the things I do:
    1. Prepot, blow all cd at start and combust if ignite > 20K, either on Tentacle or Corruption.
    2. Multi-dot corruption/tentacle/parasite, FB as filler on Parasite/Corruption/Tentacle this exact priority.
    3. Flame Orb at every CD.
    3. LB on 2nd parasite, scorch then try to spread LB on bloods.
    4. Combust on Tentacle (during cataclysm if possible).
    5. I notice my DPS starts to fall behind on 3rd platform because I had to single target the adds and I didn't have time to build a nice combust for tentacle; same on 4th platform. Also is LB on these small adds useful? or spam scorch is better?
    6. P2 it got very hard to time my combust with the 2 big adds because sometimes my ignite sucks. I have quite a long combust down time as I am not sure when is best to use it.
    7. On the bloods at P2, we have 2 rogues so I didn't BW but FS+Bliz.

15+ Year Old Account
    You don't ever want to use combustion if you don't have 10 stacks of stolen time (unless the fight will be over by the time combustion's 10s are up... I get 15 ticks normally, 17/18 during lust)
    or lose your stacks of stolen time for something... (this is where even 1 odd cast of arcane blast might be a good use, just for that 100% refresh rate)

What I like to do when I have to swap targets is (fireball spam) on the one, then when I get a pyro proc, I'll launch that at the new target and let the dots/aoe finish the weakers and circle back. For tentacles, (you'd think it would be common sense for some people now..) I go for the ones in the back, and throw my LB on the odd one that I figure won't be targeted right away, so it does have time to tick.. plus 3 targets with dots = pyromaniac (which lots of people forget about)

on topic about combustion, I use Combustion Helper addon(pro as hell) and a few other addons that I've customized to show my stolen time stack/duration, average and high ignite ticks and "time to execute"(35%) and "time to death"(0%). It helps lots, if you're trying to min/max your combustion... <3 seeing it crit for over 60k and dps sky rocketing.

the mages in my guild reforge all haste and the top ultraxion mages parses reforge all haste so is that better now?
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.