Poll: Whne did YOU start playing World of Warcraft?

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    November 23, 2004

US friends and family alpha.. whenever that was. God knows now. breaks here and there for other MMOs.

PS: find it interesting just about everyone seems to be long-standing veterans in the poll. some of the posts on here stink of the brown stuff as well.
    Last edited by SuperNick; 2010-12-04 at 06:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I started playing January 1, 2006.
    ohaithar.

Played from launch day at Vanilla, basically skipped TBC due to guild splitting early in the expansion (hard to keep a double 40 man raiding guild together when raids went to 25 man, especially the "Ateam") which I now sorta regret though I did get to do Kara, raided all of Wrath in a casual 10 man setting, now I am out of the raid game and looking forward to casual/PvP style play in Cata.

US Closed Beta, Mid 2004

I started about a month or so before TBC came out.

10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    I started Dec of 05, not sure why I haven't stopped. Side note, i started playing to help me get away from my mom and dad's endless fighting and fussing.

5 years later, they still bitch at each other all the time.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I downloaded the 10 day's trial on the december 21st 2008, and I remember that I downloaded the real game the 1st of january 2009.

Got introduced to the game in late Vanilla, started playing a few months into TBC. I took a while to level, so I hit 70 around when Black Temple hit. Got into the full swing of WotLK though.

Deleted
    I started on the 27th December 2008.
    All because of south park.

i started playing 2 days after the official release of the game. on a side note... i random q'd uldaman and had to run it for the first time since my first char was level 40 or whatever 6 years ago T_T lol.

Started at the very end of BC

About 5 years, original main has over 1 year played lol. Now going 3 xpacs 10 alts. gfg.

55% started in vanilla.

Yeah right!

10+ Year Old Account
    Since february 2005

I'm surprised at how many started in TBC/WotLK. I started 20th Feb 2005.
    Shadowsong EU: Tyler [85 Warrior] .: Durden [85 Priest] .: Palahniuk [85 Warlock] .: Boeddeker [85 Shaman] .: Cronenweth [85 Druid] .: Uhls [85 Paladin] .: Chesler [85 Mage] .: Fincher [85 Hunter] .: Paulson [85 Rogue] .: Lichborne [85 Death Knight] Magtheridon EU: Uhls [82 Paladin] Trollbane EU: Acro [81 Death Knight] Blade's Edge EU: Cronenweth [83 Druid]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    I started in vanilla, great times, although there was hella lot of bugs and unbalanced classes (rogues were 100% sure to own everyone in BG's, same goes for palas)
    haha, paladins were the joke of vanilla... Shamans frost shock.. lol...

I started a few days before the battleground patch came out!

Yes, was playing in vanilla in a guild on Kalecgos called <Mob Rules>, I think that theres one guy from that guild left on the server other than myself.