Page 49 of 91 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Hi, i just started playing again and after reading numerous threads about resto druids in 4.2 i still don't really feel like i know when it is time to try to reach the 2005 haste breakpoint. I have reforged spirit off most of my items, focusing on crit and mastery and haven't really cared about haste, just kept it at ~900 to get the extra RJ tick. I've done mostly HCs the past week, as i havent had long periods of free time.

I think maybe i should try to balance my Crit/mastery around 13-14(%) with the 2k haste cap and then dumping some of my secondary stats into spirit for the regen, as i don't feel secure progressing into the troll dungeons yet as i dont feel like i have my stats under control.

My toon is called Meoow, on Jaedenar EU.

Does anyone got any ideas how i should try to redistribute my secondary stats? Gemming, reforging etc.

Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you aren't raiding don't push 2005. It's just not needed. You wont have 5% haste from buffs most of the time, so really for heroics you want to try and hit 1603 haste. If that's too much for your gear go down to at least 913.

If you direct heal in 5s a lot, don't be afraid of haste. It will stil help with direct heals. If you don't and you have no mana problems, mastery is the way to go. For gems, just do the same as the OP says. 2 haste/mastery and int gems for the meta bonus. The rest red ints besides amazing socket bonuses which will be rare in non-raid gear.

As for posts about Bal. It completely depends on your set up and if you have a dps that can stack a crystal for you.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-HM-baleroc-10
    has some ideas
    Last edited by Myrrar; 2011-08-08 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurik View Post
    ^ working on the same thing. Here's our strategy:

We have a shadow priest, so we're using the dispersion trick to have the SP soak the entire first crystal. The shaman takes care of the maintank, and I am on the crystal soaker. I load him with 3 lifeblooms. We pop heroism + treeform and I just spam instant regrowth until 13 stacks, then we get a spirit link totem, smend, NS-HT, dispersion at 19 stacks then back to regrowth until the crystal is over. This leaves me with a touch over 100 stacks after the first crystal. I'm not sure if it's possible to do much better than that, and the theoretical maximum is 125.

From there on out I'm good to solo heal the tank (mainly just chain-nourish) until about the 2:30-3:00 mark, and then I don't have the power to heal through decimation blade. Between that and dps screwing up with Tormented / crystal soaking we haven't gotten much under 45%. We'll have our second night of progression on it tonight.
    This strategy took us to the enrage timer tonight, so it's viable. Just need to avoid those "accidents" which end up killing our rdps.

I'm running with Doll and DMC:T atm and just unlocked the vendor to the moonwell chalice.
    Should i stay with my 2 curent trinkets or should i go for the chalice?
    running only 10's for raids atm

char: sledgydru (bloodhoof eu) if you want to check.
    ps) i'm under the 2005 haste cap but i'm one of those luckies having a DI on me, so i'm sitting at 1608 haste (for hc's valor runs) and i believe 1573 + DI = 2005 without so cover that too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Moonwell will give more throughput if you have the regen to spare. It will probably best to just use both. On fights where mana is tight switch back to DMC. Fights where you're safe go ahead and use chalice.

so.... im getting DI and the 5% from raid.... the spreadsheet says to use 1573... so i got ot 1580
    why does my character sheet say 21.49% instead of 21.5?

Quote Originally Posted by SargorVirm View Post
    so.... im getting DI and the 5% from raid.... the spreadsheet says to use 1573... so i got ot 1580
    The breakpoint for WG/Efflor actually occurs at 21.43% haste, rather than 21.5%, according to the spreadsheet in the guide. It's not nicely rounded, but I suppose that's just how the math works out.

Deleted
    From what i understand i got to ballance crit and mastery to get the most out of both of them, right? so, i reforged everything into mastery (mostly) and got 21% of both.
    But i am at the 916 haste cap only. Will i get an improvement if i aim for 2005 haste cap? ill need to drop all my mastery (ill have like 11% if i do so) and some int (25-ish int).

ty

So I've been going over my WoL reports and have been thinking about tweaking my spec to see if it accomodates how I heal a little better, and would be greatful for any opinions given.

Previously, I was using this staple spec. I'm thinking about moving to something closer to this spec.

So first off, dropping a point in Naturalist. HT is generally only about 1.5% total healing. My Nourish filler would drop a little, but I doubt it'd be too bad since it's "mainly" for Harmony uptime (I suppose). The one point I retain is simply to move further along the tree (2% spell reduction being my other option). Thinking about it, I really only ever use HT when Nature's Swiftness is available (no need for naturalist) or when I have to spam it on someone that's taking a ton of damage (which really shouldn't be the case; something else is wrong).

Secondly, dropping Nature's Swiftness. On average, I barely get 2 uses out of it per fight, mainly because I don't really need it at the start of the fight (get the CD rolling) and wouldn't use very many glyphed HT in-between (CD reduction).

Thirdly, moar points in Nature's Bounty and Living Seed. Currently, with 2/3 NB and 1/3 LS, Regrowth is ~9-10% total healing and LS about ~0.9%. 20% more crit would be yummy, and the 10% Nourish speed (some of the time) would be a nice bonus to offset the Naturalist drop during filler.

Fourthly, Furor -> Genesis. More just to note the change, I guess. Mana hasn't been too big an issue, so I'm gonna try it out and see how it goes.

Lastly, what's the math behind 3/3 GotEM vs 3/3 LS? I noticed a second Rejuv showing up on my logs (I assume that's the GotEM proc), and with the staple build it's generally about 3.6% total healing. Can I simply say that if 3/3 LS ends up being, say, 3.7% or more total, the point is better served in LS than GotEM? Or is there more math behind the one point difference? (Also, I rarely get the benefit of the bloom bonus outside ToL)

And just a note, as much as I'd like to drop Nature's Cure, I still feel the need to keep it for 5-mans and the like. =(

Any thoughts? Any blindingly obvious problems this would lead to? Opinions would be greatly appreciated. =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SargorVirm View Post
    Don't go by %s. They never make sense. 1573 will give you the breakpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokka View Post
    From what i understand i got to ballance crit and mastery to get the most out of both of them, right? so, i reforged everything into mastery (mostly) and got 21% of both.
    But i am at the 916 haste cap only. Will i get an improvement if i aim for 2005 haste cap? ill need to drop all my mastery (ill have like 11% if i do so) and some int (25-ish int).
    Only 25 int is well worth the drop. If you are at a place when you can basically switch mastery for haste and not lose a lot elsewhere you will definitely see a healing increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Raynfal View Post
    text
    Nat probably isn't something you want to drop. Even if it doesn't seem like you use it a ton(low nourish/HT usage) for the times you do use it it makes a pretty big difference. If you nourish fill at all, it's really needed.

GotEM probably isn't something you want to drop either. GotEM is almost 100% of the time going to pure throughput when a lot of our other talents just add more to overheal. Some fights LS will do more based on what your job is. If you aren't tank healing GotEM is safer when considering firelands as a whole.

NS is fine to drop if you don't use it. In a perfect world we would all se it to save lives and catch others up when they fall behind, but that doesn't really happen often. If you don't use it, don't feel bad not taking it.

As for LS vs NB use this calc: http://theincbear.com/living-seed-replacement
    it will tell you your best set up based on your stats, talents, and the way you personally heal.

Hey,

can you all give me some advice on my gear please? I'm pretty new to resto druid (started about 2 months) and if I'm honest, I'm not 100% sure about it all yet.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Hoef/advanced

I haven't been reforging to haste as I can't get to the higher cap for the extra crit (like 21.5% or something?). I know the staff I have isn't the best (lack of haste) meaning I can't get to that cap without sacrficing my set bonuses, however, when I killed rag I still had the ZA/ZG staff so it was a huge improvement either way.

Also, what should I buy for my valor points? I could buy the gloves, but I'd sacrifice even more haste and the gloves I have are the beth'tilac gloves of the same iLvL (although it would give me the 4-set bonus although I'm hoping for a druid head drop from rag this week xD). Should I go for the relic or a ring? And if so, should I go for the relic without the spirit meaning I get the haste from the other?

Sorry for so many questions, any help would be amazing
    Last edited by Senium; 2011-08-11 at 03:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Senium View Post
    Hey,

can you all give me some advice on my gear please? I'm pretty new to resto druid (started a couple of months ago) and if I'm honest, I'm not 100% sure about it all yet.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Hoef/advanced

I haven't been reforging to haste as I can't get to the higher cap for the extra crit (like 21.5% or something?). I know the staff I have isn't the best (lack of haste) meaning I can't get to that cap without sacrficing my set bonuses, however, when I killed rag I still had the ZA/ZG staff so it was a huge improvement either way.

Also, what should I buy for my valor points? I could buy the gloves, but I'd sacrifice even more haste and the gloves I have are the beth'tilac gloves of the same iLvL (although it would give me the 4-set bonus although I'm hoping for a druid head drop from rag this week xD). Should I go for the relic or a ring? And if so, should I go for the relic without the spirit meaning I get the haste from the other?

Sorry for so many questions, any help would be amazing
    You can easily get to 2005 haste by reforging a few of your items. I can't tell you which ones to reforge though, as I'm no expert myself. As for your other questions, I'll let someone with a bit more expertise answer those. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Perath View Post
    You can easily get to 2005 haste by reforging a few of your items. I can't tell you which ones to reforge though, as I'm no expert myself. As for your other questions, I'll let someone with a bit more expertise answer those. :P
    Thanks! Coulda sworn that I read somewhere I couldn't get to the cap without sacrificing my set bonus because of the lack of haste on the wep. I've done some reforging and managed to hit 2005 ;x Thank you! Guess I shouldn't believe everything I read ;l
    Last edited by Senium; 2011-08-11 at 03:49 AM.

Deleted
    @Senium I'd wait and hope to get the T12 helm, the gloves are underwhelming with no spirit or haste (unlike the boomkin gloves grrrr!). Granted the helm has no haste on it either, but a decent chunk of mastery/spirit you can reforge, and there is always 50 haste on gloves, and 65 haste on bracers enchants to help you maintain 2005.

With your VP's I'd be tempted to get the relic (i bought this first, before any tier), or the ring. And fwiw I took the spirit relic, at some point I will also buy the non spirit one as well.
    Last edited by mmoc68ea15c517; 2011-08-11 at 10:52 AM.

Thanks for your help.
    I've bought the relic but I still have around 1.7k valor spare now. I can go for a ring, neck (although the other healers have this or the one from FL so next time the one in FL drops it's 100% mine). The head didn't drop from Ragnaros this week, so I guess I could go for the gloves and once I get the head change back for the haste on the beth'tilac gloves?

or I could go for a ring, but again, I lose haste.

Thanks for any help

Deleted
    Sadly / Luckily there isn't that much to get from VP's as a resto, depending on what 359/372 gear you already have.

Chest: 2200
    Legs: 2200
    Relic: 700

are pretty much all must buys imo, then depending on what T11 items you have:

The ring might be worth it, I've got 2*372's so I'm not going to bother, the Rep ring and the Shannox ring will do, or i may just keep the Chogall ring.
    The neck, you might aswell wait for the Rhyo neck (or the domo one).
    The Resto gloves I wouldn't take even if they were free - the Boomkin ones however are very sexy, and ofc double up as off spec items if you ever need to dps. You've already got the Beth ones, so I'd definately not spend 1650 VP's on worse gloves, yeah the 4 set is good, depends on how many other people want/need the vanq helm token, bit of a toughie.
    The VP bracers are a) turd, and b) BoE, so if you do want/need them, farm the VP's on an alt, or better yet buy the 378 Baleroc ones as they are BoE aswell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gertrude View Post
    The Resto gloves I wouldn't take even if they were free - the Boomkin ones however are very sexy, and ofc double up as off spec items if you ever need to dps. You've already got the Beth ones, so I'd definately not spend 1650 VP's on worse gloves, yeah the 4 set is good, depends on how many other people want/need the vanq helm token, bit of a toughie.
    I've always thought the Resto gloves are the one piece to aim for, seeing as they are not misitemized into Spirit and thus have a nice load of throughput stats (crit/mastery).
    Last edited by mmoced9c7f72b6; 2011-08-13 at 02:32 PM.

Deleted
    It's more the lack of haste, than the lack of spirit, the fact they have neither is meh. You can always reforge spirit to mastery from the Beth / LW gloves if you find yourself having no mana issues. There are plenty of item slots where there isn't a haste option this tier so I'd just never take a hasteless item when there are items with haste on that are easy to obtain / drop off an early boss.

But there are plenty of ways to attain 2005 and I'm sure it's perfectly doable with the T12 resto gloves. I raid with 2 boomkins and sometimes 2 other restos so I really have to prioritise the loot i do take as competition is high (not to mention that 13/25 of my raid want Vanq tokens).

I have the gloves but it was a huge juggle to keep 2005 haste with them. The offset gloves would be nice...if they would drop. I'm having to run with haste on boots which really seems to be screwing me on dodging world of flames now...

Raid healing 25s: Super End Game spec
    8/0/33
    You can use any form of this spec. This is assuming you can drop all regen points. Take 1, 2 or 3 from MG as you can, this is just assuming you can lose all 3. This I choose to fill out LS, NB, and add 1 point into BotG. I just don't use NS enough to make use of it. Again, use talents as you see fit.
    Is this ever a viable spec though in current content? At the moment I am using the "medium mana problems" spec but have reforged all of my spirit to haste/mastery (depending on what I need). Doing this I have gained roughly 1000 mastery and 150 crit (after unreforging it) and feel like that is more valuable than an extra point in genesis, BoG, and LS.