Poll: Favourite Seth MacFalane show.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

[TV] Seth MacFarlane - Poll

Hey All,

I'm just interested in finding out peoples opinion about Seth MacFarlane and his TV shows (Also added a poll)

I have bought every season of Family Guy and American Dad on dvd and while I still find American Dad to be really funny, I now struggle to crack a smile during Family Guy. My friends all disagree and love Family Guy but i'm starting to find it a tad too preachy... even though I agree with its "messages".

I still have not seen much of The Cleveland Show to pass my incredibly unimportant judgement, but i'm hoping to see the rest of it in the new year.

I know some people can't stand any of these TV shows but I still want to hear what you have to say (with out this post turning into a wall of flames).

So my simple question is...

Which of Seth MacFarlans TV shows is your favourite?

Cheers All
    RB
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2010-12-09 at 12:28 PM.

Family guy used to be a great show. Nowadays, not so much. He just tries to be as random has possible while dragging on a single joke forever to get to the commercial break.

The other shows are just spinoffs and basically the same thing, so none.
    specs

Intel Core i5-760@4.0GHz
    CM Hyper 212 cpu cooler
    GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3
    Nvidia GTX 460
    4GB DDR3 1600 ram
    CM Storm Scout case

All three are so retarded

I don't watch any of his shows anymore. Used to watch Family Guy quite a bit. Only saw the first 3-4 episodes of American Dad and then stopped watching that, and have never seen an episode of The Cleveland Show.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seth MacFarlane is a stooge. He fancies himself to be much more intelligent and witty than he actually is. I mean, the guy hangs out with Bill Maher, I feel like that should just about sum it up.

If I had to choose....

>.>

Family guy, the others are unoriginal and lame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

Deleted
    Family guy is still ok, used to be better.

American Dad is still good, altho some jokes are getting old.

Cleveland show... meh... watchable, but this one really feels like just Family Guy spinoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Janz View Post
    Family Guy spinoff.
    Because it is
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

I really could never figure out what kind of audience American Dad is aimed for. Everytime I see this show I am just shaking my head and wondering how it's is supposed to be funny to anyone who has seen other "adult" cartoons in the last 10-15 years. I've always thought of American Dad as "Family Guy Light"...just a watered down version of Family Guy featuring mainly jokes and storylines for people who may be too offended by Family Guy.

15+ Year Old Account
    The only ones I own are the Star Wars remakes. The Family Guys isn't bad once in a while and I loved American Dad when it came out, but I rarely watch either now. The style of humor gets old fast, the drawn out pauses or sounds, the Meg is ugly jokes, the obscure person reference jokes. The only consistently funny cartoon to me is Merry Melodies/Looney Tunes. To each their own I guess.
    It's a trap!

American Dad is humorous, Family Guy is hit and miss, and the Cleveland Show isn't funny ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    People watch the Cleveland show?

I love the randomness of Family guy at times. Though it might be too much, it's the show I like best of the ones in the poll, though Futurama and south park > family guy, easily.

Deleted
    Poor Cleveland... Nobody likes him.

Quote Originally Posted by Yooya View Post
    American Dad is humorous, Family Guy is hit and miss, and the Cleveland Show isn't funny ever.
    I used to be a Family Guy fan but American dad took the crown. American dad used to be all about Stan but not anymore. And that's awesome because I'm a Roger fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Mummbles View Post
    The reason there are so few tanks isn't because tanking is hard, it's because everyone else is a fucking idiot. True story.

Deleted
    imo, the cleveland show, it brings something new to the serie... although I still find family guy funny, Didn't like american dad that much but I could laugh about it.. but the first show I saw the cleveland show I was laughing my ass off.. So I picked the Cleveland show...

I used to love Seth but as of the last year or so I find he's pretty one note. The guy doesn't now how to write a joke. It's all repetition and dragging something awkward out for so long that I can barely finish an episode of Family Guy anymore. Like the Surfin' Bird gag... it was funny the first 2 times but after that it was just stupid.

As such, American Dad is the most tolerable to me.

Deleted
    I try my best to avoid all three

Favorite one gotta be American dad, but I kinda loath all 3

Simpsons and South park FTW!

10+ Year Old Account
    From the 3 above, Family Guy all the way (season 5 being my favorite). Apart from that, South Park .